Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread

Thanks. Friendship is magic!

25 characters is not enoug Contributor ktulu909's Avatar
    The New Orleans Limbos. Pretty much describes where this franchise has been for years.

Jazz...if the name wasnt already taken by a team in a city with little/no prior affiliation to said musical style lool

The Brass would fit

I like the Brass. I personally would go a different way with uniforms compared to what has previously been discussed. I would like the colors to be Navy blue, Brass/Gold, and white. (Notre Dameish). I would still do the Mardi Gras unis during Mardi Gras like they do currently. The navy,brass, white color scheme will always look good and would be a nice change from creole/teal. BigDub 81 if you see this I would love to see what you can do with it if it isn't too much trouble

i personally think the hornets are a good name...what type of name is the krew or brass for a sports team??

Hornets aren't a bad name. Its just not too fitting for a Nola Team. Since it will be a new owner, new team just think a fresh start is nice. Brass is very similar to a name like JAZZ. A little different more nola than typical nicknames

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    I'm sick of going to a lids store and all I can find I Charlotte Hornets hats. I prefer the Brass and would like a new set of colors not incorporating any form of teal. Krewe kinda grows on me too.
    This.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

But the logo is so darn cool

Brass, Voodoo..or krewe

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    i like Brass.

but would be happy with virtually anything else. we need a total re-brand.

The Krewe everything else is super Nola cliche....plus we could wear the Mardi gras unis full time

Hawnits

I really think it should stay as Hornets, but Brass is a pretty sick name.

I like Brass best!!

The Artist    Contributor   
    @ATR22, I did a Brass concept that was the same as my Krewe concept. The only thing different was the name. A color change is simple but you would need a 4th color since white isn't technically considered a color in logo design. Mainly because white is either used within the logo or as an outline. Right now you stand at navy and gold. Take the 'NOLA trumpet' logo for instance, replace the purple for navy, gold for a brass gold and now what color would the letters be?

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    i personally think the hornets are a good name...what type of name is the krew or brass for a sports team??
    A better one than 'Hornets?'

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    @ATR22, I did a Brass concept that was the same as my Krewe concept. The only thing different was the name. A color change is simple but you would need a 4th color since white isn't technically considered a color in logo design. Mainly because white is either used within the logo or as an outline. Right now you stand at navy and gold. Take the 'NOLA trumpet' logo for instance, replace the purple for navy, gold for a brass gold and now what color would the letters be?
    Here's what I was thinking when I posted that.

Home Uniform: White (obviously) with gold/brass numbering, navy outline (maybe other way around, Id have to see it)
    Road uniform: Navy with white numbers, gold/brass outline

if that doesn't help you I trust your judgement on a 4th color and if you don't feel like doing it no worries

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    The Krewe everything else is super Nola cliche....plus we could wear the Mardi gras unis full time
    krewe plus mardi gras unis full time is as Nola cliche as it gets

I would do a three way trade were Utah becomes the bobcats, Charlotte is contracted, and we get the rights to the Jazz and then ceremoniously bury it and stay the Hornets...is that too much to ask?

New Orleans Bourbon Streets?

Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet View Post

Also, and it's not to be discounted, the perception of this team is beyond just a few winning seasons. If it's going to take a real title run to endear fans to the team then that is huge massive problem that needs to be addressed. I would say we don't deserve a franchise if the only way we can get 10,000 fans interested is if they win a title. Sorry, but that's an excuse most objective fans would not accept for a losing franchise that could easily be relocated to city more interested in having a team.
    You must not have met the tankers around here. They don't want to watch the Hornets if they're not contenders.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shuali View Post
    I would do a three way trade were Utah becomes the bobcats, Charlotte is contracted, and we get the rights to the Jazz and then ceremoniously bury it and stay the Hornets...is that too much to ask?
    In the fantasy world where that actually happened and you were the one responsible for burying the Jazz name and keeping the Hornets... you would be ceremoniously led to the city limits and excommunicated from New Orleans fandom... including the Saints.

I don't mind the Hornets name. What I'd like to see is a "reboot" of sorts. It's a black and gold town and wouldn't you know it... actual hornets are black and gold (well maybe a bit more yellow). Why not run with that? That'll give the New Orleans Hornets a touch of home. I'd really like to see something like that happen rather than a potentially lame name change.

Thread Information