Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Landry now wants to stay here long term

Landry now wants to stay here long term

Says with an owner now he can pretty much commit to the team without having to worry about relocation issues

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...brings_st.html

Forward Carl Landry said he agreed to only a one-year deal last summer because of the Hornets’ ownership uncertainty. But he said with Benson taking control, he’ll look at committing to the Hornets long term.
    “Having some type of stability definitely helps,’’ Landry said. “Going into a situation where you don’t know what’s going to happen, if the team is going to be there the following year, who’s going to buy the team, it’s uncertainty, instability. But going into a situation where you do have that definitely helps.
    “Being a free agent again this summer, the Hornets are a team I’ve been with the last two years and have grown accustomed to. And with the owner now, that definitely will help with re-signing with the team.”

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Thanks, but no thanks.

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    Not sure Monty wants him at this point, but for the right price he is a heck of a sixth man!

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

The draft shall decide his fate as a member of the Brass..er..Hornets.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeatherNLU View Post
    Not sure Monty wants him at this point, but for the right price he is a heck of a sixth man!
    We will have gustavo & J smith. No need door him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    We will have gustavo & J smith. No need for him.
    this is very true.... I really dont see him being here next year

monty says heck no

Hopefully we can do a sign-and-trade and still get value for him. He's probably not going to be on this roster next year though. I'd rather spend that money (if we're going after a PF) on Anthony Randolph.

He's going to get the MLE making a sign and trade unlikely. The only way a S&T happens is if the team he goes to wants to save it's MLE for someone else. There was actually talk about that happening with Portland last season so they could sign both Landry and Crawford. But in that situation you have to take a contract back which eats your cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    He's going to get the MLE making a sign and trade unlikely. The only way a S&T happens is if the team he goes to wants to save it's MLE for someone else. There was actually talk about that happening with Portland last season so they could sign both Landry and Crawford. But in that situation you have to take a contract back which eats your cap space.
    Not if the team has a TPE. But I get what you are saying. Just tossing the idea out there.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Hopefully we can do a sign-and-trade and still get value for him. He's probably not going to be on this roster next year though. I'd rather spend that money (if we're going after a PF) on Anthony Randolph.
    I like Randolph, but there is someone I would love for us to take a good hard look at (like you say, if we went the PF route)...and that would be Ersan Ilyasova...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I'd rather spend that money (if we're going after a PF) on Anthony Randolph.
    good one Nolaslim.... wait you were serious...

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    if he wasnt serious about Randolph, make no mistake that I am serious about Ilyasova...

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Would love to bring Landry back. I had forgotten how good he is. He would be an absolute ideal 6th man. Just heck though... Thats alot of PF's... Especially if we draft one... I suppose having guys want to sign with you is definitely problem we arn't used to having, but a good one to have.

Randolph = not very much better Chris Johnson

[QUOTE=Da_Beez_Neez;900710]Randolph = not very much better Chris Johnson[/QUOTE

personally, I would beg to differ...

Randolph has talent and he's young. I have no issues with acquiring him.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    In the last 2 games that he played for Kevin Love, he averaged (in under 30 minutes) 22 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 blocks while playing great help-side defense. He's only 22, and he could be a very good defensive player under Monty. We could get him relatively cheap + he's a local boy.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Landry is a better option than Goose.

I'm not paying the guy 9M again, but if Monty is down with having him back so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Landry is a better option than Goose.

I'm not paying the guy 9M again, but if Monty is down with having him back so am I.
    He doesn't play defense, so I don't think Monty is down with having him back.

He doesn't play defense, so I don't think Monty is down with having him back.
    He's not a good defender, but saying he doesn't play defense is overstated. Especially in a game where you can hide someones flaws like basketball, especially if you get a say, Anthony Davis.

But his scoring off the bench is unmatched. I wouldn't hesitate to say Carl is one of the most efficient and creative low post scorers in the NBA, especially coming off the bench. That is invaluable. Monty has proven if he doesn't think you deserve minutes, then you won't get minutes. But Carl is consistently getting 26 minutes a night.

Personally, I don't think Monty would mind having him back.

Goose's defense is way better than Landry's and he's also more versatile. Landry basically scores and that's it. Goose does everything else better. Once he gets accustomed to the league and has an offseason to get ready, he will be better than Landry.

Landry's overall defense isn't that good. He's smallish, and doesn't go all out. His rebounding sucks too. He's a good offensive PF, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Goose's defense is way better than Landry's and he's also more versatile. Landry basically scores and that's it. Goose does everything else better. Once he gets accustomed to the league and has an offseason to get ready, he will be better than Landry.
    You have a terrible habit of overrating a lot of people. Goose himself still has a long ways to go defensively.

Goose is a jack of all trades, master of none. But he is versatile and can do a lot of things, but does that automatically make him a better player than a proven guy like Carl Landry? Not at all.

You can find guys like Goose in the league, you can find them in the draft nearly every year. But you will have a tough time finding a reliable low post scorer like Carl.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 04-14-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    You have a terrible habit of overrating a lot of people. Goose himself still has a long ways to go defensively.

Goose is a jack of all trades, master of none. But he is versatile and can do a lot of things, but does that automatically make him a better player than a proven guy like Carl Landry? Not at all.

You can find guys like Goose in the league, you can find them in the draft nearly every year. But you will have a tough time finding a reliable low post scorer like Carl.
    How am I overrating Goose when the numbers back him up. He's a sound defender who moves his feet well. He's still getting used to the game, but he rebounds well.

Landry's a good scorer off the bench, but he wouldn't be the same player starting. Plus, his defense and rebounding are better suited for the bench. Ayon has the tools to be a good score, but he's not aggressive. He has a good jumper, a soft touch and strength to back people down. He does trap too far sometimes, but he's still a good defender and much better than Landry.

What gives you the right to say I overrate people? I could go through all your posts and tear them apart whenever I wanted. This is coming from the guy who had Harrison Barnes number two in the draft and "the best wing prospect in years". Get this garbage outta here.

I'd rather trust the numbers than trust your wandering eye.

Thread Information