Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Possibility Kaman could get bought out--Heat interested in him

Rumor Possibility Kaman could get bought out--Heat interested in him

That seems to be a real stretch. I cannot see the Hornets buying him out unless it is at a steep discount.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Haha the Heat can hope all they want.

The Heat are interested or are interesting to everybody.

what would cuban say?? lol

I'll say this: Buying him out would basically be a huge favor to the Heat, and I don't see us doing that. I'm pretty sure that this is exactly as far as this story will go: as the Heat will basically hope all they want for us to buy him out, but we won't do it. If NOTHING else we can get some young'uns from the Rockets.

A buy out makes 0 sense. Just let his 15 mil come off the books. The only reason the Hornets would even make such a decision is because of the Tank movement
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Wait a minute. Why I. The Hell would we do that? That helps us in no way on the court!

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    A buyout wouldn't happen without an owner anyway. Same with amnesty.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The moment we get a player doing well, people talk about them leaving the team...but at the total detriment of our team. Like we only exist to make other teams better.

They can have Oak and Justin Beiber's latest. I starting to want Kaman to pair with the young stud for next year.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The moment we get a player doing well, people talk about them leaving the team...but at the total detriment of our team. Like we only exist to make other teams better.
    Gotta love it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Really pathetic. But it's the truth. Pathetic truth.

After taking a shower and thinking it over, this is what I would offer the Heat:

Trade one of our "Ehhh" players (Marco probably) for Norris Cole, their first round pick and cash considerations (however much money it would take to buy out Kamans contract.) With the cash, we would buy out Kaman and give them the same shot as everyone else in landing Kaman on the FA market. Admittedly, most teams can't say "we will probably win it all without you, but with you, its 110% positive!", therefore they could probably sign him. We get the PG of our future (Cole) and a draft pick for Kaman, which is just about exactly what we are hoping for right?

Yes, I know for a fact this will never happen, however that would be the only deal in town for the Heat if I was negotiating with 'em.

kaman is the missing piece for a playoff team that needs a big to win a title, he is worth a good bit and has a great expiring

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    kaman is the missing piece for a playoff team that needs a big to win a title, he is worth a good bit and has a great expiring
    And some clowns thinks we should just buy him out so those playoff teams can get him by just paying his salary.

Hilarian.

Since when is posting a link to idiocy a rumor?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    i just dont see any logical reason as to why the hornets would do that.

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    They must think we are a feeder team for playoff contenders.

This is like Peja all over again. We have a huge expiring contract and we all think that the huge expiring+the players above avg. quality play can be parlayed into a good draft pick, or quality young player, but instead we will turn up with some lint and a piece of juicy Fruit gum.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Not only wouldn't the Hornets do it. But Kaman wouldn't do it either. He's not about to give up his bird rights. He's looking at a deal this offseason in the $10 million a year range. Why in the HELL would he give that up, AND take less money this season from the Hornets. There's about as good of a chance of this happening as there is of Eric Gordon turning down $50 million from the Hornets this offseason. It won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Not only wouldn't the Hornets do it. But Kaman wouldn't do it either. He's not about to give up his bird rights. He's looking at a deal this offseason in the $10 million a year range. Why in the HELL would he give that up, AND take less money this season from the Hornets. There's about as good of a chance of this happening as there is of Eric Gordon turning down $50 million from the Hornets this offseason. It won't happen.
    It's funny how the article basically concedes this point and then acts like it doesn't exist. They basically say, "Well...uh...yeah...Kaman would be voluntarily giving up millions of dollars...but, hey, he'll get to play for THE HEAT! Yeah. Doesn't everybody wanna do that?"

rumor has it, but from a reliable source sent in by the league to run the hornets, that Kaman is a huge locker room cancer. Most of the players think he is a giant *** hole, it's known by other players in other cities which is making this an impossible task of trading him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    It's funny how the article basically concedes this point and then acts like it doesn't exist. They basically say, "Well...uh...yeah...Kaman would be voluntarily giving up millions of dollars...but, hey, he'll get to play for THE HEAT! Yeah. Doesn't everybody wanna do that?"
    lol, that was my exact reaction. It's unbelievable that someone would let an article like that get posted.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This is like Peja all over again. We have a huge expiring contract and we all think that the huge expiring+the players above avg. quality play can be parlayed into a good draft pick, or quality young player, but instead we will turn up with some lint and a piece of juicy Fruit gum.
    But that's the thing...lint and Juicy Fruit is more than the nothing we'd get out of buying him out.

Thread Information