Pelicans Report

Thread: How well is Aminu developing?

How well is Aminu developing?

Do you think he can develop into a 15 & 5 type of player that also develops into a defense stopper. it seems like his biggest problem is just confidence.

He has a nice touch from the free throw line area and he's pretty good defensively. I do agree that his biggest problem is his confidence. That and his ball handling

I wish I was 6'9 like these guys I would be a beast even though im only 5'11 it doesnt matter what im competing in football or b-ball or whatever...u cant tell me im not the best that is and has always been my mindframe in sports even when you know its not true u still have to believe nobody can guard you or score on you...and my game will reflect that (vs reasonable competition that is lol)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Beez_Neez View Post
    I wish I was 6'9 like these guys I would be a beast even though im only 5'11 it doesnt matter what im competing in football or b-ball or whatever...u cant tell me im not the best that is and has always been my mindframe in sports even when you know its not true u still have to believe nobody can guard you or score on you...and my game will reflect that (vs reasonable competition that is lol)
    If you think you can compete with these guys at 6'9" I hope you at LEAST played at a JC at 5'11"

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    At least he made a clutch 3 pointer last night. Somethin Beli, supposedly a starting shooting guard, couldn't do to save his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Beez_Neez View Post
    While your post is pretty funny I will say this. If you were 6'9" it would be much harder for you to move, shoot, and handle. Your skills, balance, quickness all take a hit. But yea these guys are 6'9" and prolly more athletic than you at 5'11"

Quote Originally Posted by wopester View Post
    At least he made a clutch 3 pointer last night. Somethin Beli, supposedly a starting shooting guard, couldn't do to save his life.
    And then, he made a stupid foul ang got fouled out.. The funny thing with him is that, during that process, his face didn't change, he doesn't show any emotions, never. From now on, I'll call him the Tarminutor =)

Another funny thing, I've watched his brother in the french all star game one month ago, and like you can see in this picture, he has a different attitude :

Quote Originally Posted by rash73 View Post
    Do you think he can develop into a 15 & 5 type of player that also develops into a defense stopper. it seems like his biggest problem is just confidence.
    more like a 13 and 8 guy.. dude rebounds better than most sf's in the league

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    I'd say he's making progress... but it's a lot of little moments. Like someone pointed out, he makes a clutch 3, then fouls out. Very back and forth. But there's usually at least 1 moment each game where I'm thoroughly impressed by his athletics/strength/shooting, just never really consistent enough to make a difference.

But those moments make me think it will come together. Can't wait to see how much he improves after working with Monty in the offseason.

All-Star
    He should improve in the following categories:
    - ball handling;
    - decision making;
    - shooting.

Right know his constant turnovers and mistakes often negate what positive impact he brings to the game. He has potential to bring 10+ points and 7+ rebounds every night and he's a very good defender already now but a lot of work should be done. And yes, I find his abscence of emotions very funny. His reaction after that clutch three in last game made my day...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    But those moments make me think it will come together. Can't wait to see how much he improves after working with Monty in the offseason.
    That's what I'm thinking. He, along with all of our young guys, should see some considerable growth with a full offseason.

dude needs to be more aggresive

he has a long way to go.........

Quote Originally Posted by Kcazbarach View Post
    he has a long way to go.........
    Dude is only 21 years old. He's nowhere close to his prime.

hes only like 21, he will become smarter and more aggressive and be the next josh smith

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    While your post is pretty funny I will say this. If you were 6'9" it would be much harder for you to move, shoot, and handle. Your skills, balance, quickness all take a hit. But yea these guys are 6'9" and prolly more athletic than you at 5'11"
    Tell that to Lebron James or Paul George or Tmac. If you are gifted athletically and work your butt off you can be faster/quicker than the 5'11 guys obviously not guys like Ty Lawson but other decent 5'11 athletes

Reminds me so much of Julian Wright. Hopefully more committed and with better coaching.

I have noticed his confidence growing as of late. I think that could be a major step for him.

He still has a long way to go, but I have seen substantial progress especially in the last 2 games.

Thread Information