Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Now... Kentucky/Vanderbilt

ESPN Now... Kentucky/Vanderbilt

Fear the unibrow... Anthony Davis... maybe a future Hornet

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Look at Jeffery Taylor too while you're at it.

Davis just a non-entity on offense. Terrance Jones playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Davis just a non-entity on offense. Terrance Jones playing well.
    They don't even run their offense through him. Don't need to. He has his other more important roles.

Whoever we get out of Davis, Robinson or Sullinger, we will be set at power forward for the future. (Maybe even with Drummond)

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Some people will hit the lotto and start pick nits about the taxes.. theres no pleasing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    They don't even run their offense through him. Don't need to. He has his other more important roles.
    Precisely. Glorified "role" player and "#1 pick" dont match. Not in this draft it shouldn't.

Precisely. Glorified "role" player and "#1 pick" dont match. Not in this draft it shouldn't.
    Not being the go to offensive player on a stacked team doesn't make you a glorified role player.

Hahaha holy sh*t. Hey, the NBA has been looking for you man. Obviously all of the scouts and teams in the NBA have no clue what they are doing. NBA teams need you to talk some sense into them because everyone else has determined that this guy is a clear #1, but not you. You see right through it and you obliterate any thought of Davis even being considered the first pick with your crystal clear logic as displayed above.

Not being the go to offensive player on a stacked team doesn't make you a glorified role player.
    I tried to explain this to him the other day, and all I got in return was

what did robinson do his freshmen yr?? oh yea, nothing

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I like Terrence Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan90277 View Post
    Hahaha holy sh*t. Hey, the NBA has been looking for you man. Obviously all of the scouts and teams in the NBA have no clue what they are doing. NBA teams need you to talk some sense into them because everyone else has determined that this guy is a clear #1, but not you. You see right through it and you obliterate any thought of Davis even being considered the first pick with your crystal clear logic as displayed above.
    S**** Just. Got. Real...
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

davis is the #1 pick...and we shouldnt even have to debate it

and the ppl that say they would rather have robinson over davis would have probably picked okafor over dwight howard

off topic: just saw scroll at the bottom of the screen... Love working on a 30-20 game... and Minny's beating the Lintastic Knicks

nvm... Lin is the man... Knicks beat the T-Wolves... MORE HORNETS PING PONG BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe)
    Last edited by rt0307; 02-11-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Look at Jeffery Taylor too while you're at it.
    ok... that was awesome by Taylor... w/ Kidd-Gilcrist all over his back and the ball and he still jammed it down for the old-fashioned 3-pointer

Taylor w/ the 3-ball... trying to bring Vandy back into this game

and can someone please get Vitale a lozenge?

and Taylor ties it up w/ a 3
    Last edited by rt0307; 02-11-2012 at 09:27 PM.

First time watching Davis... I'm not that impressed... Is this really the best player in the country???

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    First time watching Davis... I'm not that impressed... Is this really the best player in the country???
    it's getting to crunch time... let's see who UK goes to here

of course... a lot of what Davis does is D in the paint... and a lot of what Vandy does is up top... so he won't have as many chances to prove what he does underneath

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan90277 View Post
    In all of this well thought out, serial, and highly serious internet rant, can you tell me what NBA scouts you have personally spoken to? Who exactly is "everyone"? The fellas over at Realgm? ESPN talking heads? Where do you get your prized and fool proof info from?

He's not a #1 pick to me. You can **** rant till the sun comes up about that. Didn't know that hurts so many of these board geniuses feelings.

Im not impressed with Davis .. He isn't worth the #1 pick in my opinion .Plus we need wing help in the worst way & a guy who can score . Davis isn't the guy for us
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    Be careful bruh. Be careful.

I know ... And this is only one game...

This is my first time watching Kentucky at all this year, and I second a few things already said here. Is this guy really the consensus number one? I could argue, solely based on this game, that he isnt even the number one from his team.

**edit**

Let me just say, before anyone jumps at me crazy, I have only seen this one game and am not saying he is definitely not the number one guy, I'm simply asking if he has played any better than this or shown any real bigtime player abilities. I must say his blocks are impressive though.

**double edit**

he kind of reminds me of a skinny javale mcgee, lol.
    Last edited by PatrickJr17; 02-11-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Thread Information