Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Robinson

Thomas Robinson

For those that are intrigued with Thomas Robinson as a player, there will be a Thomas Robinson feature on SportsCenter somewhere between 3-6pm eastern that shows who Thomas Robinson is off the court. It's a pretty good piece....makes me want the Hornets to draft him even more.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    i wouldnt mind the bobcats drafting davis so the hornets get robinson at all.

Im a big fan of his, I would take him over anyone other than Davis.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I think he would fit our team just about perfectly.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

im almost more sold on him than davis tbh
    SIGN A SF

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    i concur.

I also concur. Honestly if we get pick 1 or 2, we are set at the PF position.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I like him as a player. He has a great motor and reminds me a lot of Carl Landry...which is why Im a little worry about his height. I like my PF to be 6'-10" or taller so they can shoot over anyone on the court. Similar to players like Gasol, Tim duncan, KG, D cousins & C Bosh.

whats his game like....give me some info

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    I like him as a player. He has a great motor and reminds me a lot of Carl Landry...which is why Im a little worry about his height. I like my PF to be 6'-10" or taller so they can shoot over anyone on the court. Similar to players like Gasol, Tim duncan, KG, D cousins & C Bosh.
    Is he not 6'10"??

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan90277 View Post
    Is he not 6'10"??
    no more like 6'7 but Klove and Blake Griffin is the same size. Blake Griffin is who he reminds me of. Blake is listed at 6'10 same with Klove and the are no where close to that. You should always IMO judge a players height without shoes because that is the most accurate you can really fib about your height in college and that transfers in the NBA.

Most scouts say if he was 2inches taller he would be the #1 pick no doubt and I agree a kid with that kind of motor and skill is very rare.
    Last edited by ej_23; 02-10-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    Other than height, I don't see the similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by ej_23 View Post
    no more like 6'7 but Klove and Blake Griffin is the same size. Blake Griffin is who he reminds me of. Blake is listed at 6'10 same with Klove and the are no where close to that. You should always IMO judge a players height without shoes because that is the most accurate you can really fib about your height in college and that transfers in the NBA.

Most scouts say if he was 2inches taller he would be the #1 pick no doubt and I agree a kid with that kind of motor and skill is very rare.
    Measured 6'10 (in shoes) 240 lbs, with a 7'1 wingspan at the 2011 Amare Stoudemire Skills Academy.

http://nbadraft.net/players/thomas-robinson

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    Measured 6'10 (in shoes) 240 lbs, with a 7'1 wingspan at the 2011 Amare Stoudemire Skills Academy.

the link you gave me lists him at 6'8 lol so I dont know what you are trying to say. He is 6'7 and there is nothing wrong with that Blake is the same size.

There is 0 way he is 6'10 unless he was wearing stilts

measuring w/o shoes is the only fair way to see a players height.

My *** is firmly planted on T-Rob bandwagon.

Save Davis, he's the player I'd want the most in the upcoming draft.

the link you gave me lists him at 6'8 lol so I dont know what you are trying to say. He is 6'7 and there is nothing wrong with that Blake is the same size.

There is 0 way he is 6'10 unless he was wearing stilts

measuring w/o shoes is the only fair way to see a players height.
    Oh, my bad. I assumed you knew how to read. Sorry.

Oh, my bad. I assumed you knew how to read. Sorry.
    I assume you knew how to read you don't measure a player in shoes barefoot is the only way to get a fare measurement. But his size is irrelevant he plays much bigger than he is.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...liars-in-shoes

read this article a man reason you can throw out height with shoes and some list heights.

also this pretty funny story

Many players in NBA are telling tall stories

New Jersey Nets center Jason Collins is listed at 7-feet tall in the NBA's player guide.

Truth be told, Collins needs a boost to even come close.

"In sneakers, with my orthotics, ankle braces and two pairs of socks, I'm a good 6-111/2," said a chuckling Collins, whose Nets trail the San Antonio Spurs 2-1 in the best-of-seven NBA Finals heading into tonight's Game 4 in New Jersey. "It's almost a joke."

Collins, who's more like 6-foot-8, isn't the only basketball player telling a tall tale.

Many NBA hopefuls exaggerate their height while in high school or college to make themselves more appealing to coaches and scouts who prefer taller players. Collins, for example, remembers the exact day he picked to experience a growth spurt.

"Media day, my junior year," the Stanford graduate said. "I told our sports information guy that I wanted to be 7 feet and it's been 7 feet ever since."

Collins isn't fooling any of his teammates.

Four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year Dikembe Mutombo, a legitimate 7-foot-2, said he and Collins don't exactly see eye-to- eye.

"They're giving him 4 inches," Mutombo said. "There are a lot of guys who list heights that they are not."

But this has been going on forever the Dream was listed at 7ft by most and he was 6'10 at best. But again he played much bigger than he was.
    Last edited by ej_23; 02-10-2012 at 09:30 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    So you're telling me there's no way height w/o shoes can be bumped up the same way?

And besides the point...height w/ shoes matters cuz players play w/ shoes.

I remember the hype about Beasley being 6'10 and how he was a bonafide 4 in the league. When they measured him, he was only 6'8. I'd wait for an official measurement before bringing up these unofficial measurements. I'll be surprised if he is a legit 6'10. He was a couple of inches shorter than Jones III when they played this year.
    Last edited by Snarly; 02-10-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    Other than height, I don't see the similarities.
    There are none. Robinson will defend and rebound.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    There are none. Robinson will defend and rebound.
    rebounding is the major difference Landry is awful at rebounding. They do both have a great motors and can shoot other than that not very much is similar.

rebounding is the major difference Landry is awful at rebounding. They do both have a great motors and can shoot other than that not very much is similar.
    Landry's not good at defending either.

Landry isn't near the athletic specimen that Robinson is.

Been concurring with that since last November.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Been concurring with that since last November.

Thread Information