Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Andre Drummond

Draft Andre Drummond

It's clear to see that Andre is very overrated on this board. Andre is so raw offensively it's not even funny. Sure, he has outstanding athletisicm that "Can't be taught," but it will obviously take him a while to develop his offensive game. I want someone who can come in next year and make an immediate impact. Andre reminds me so much of DeAndre Jordan who has unbelievable athletisicm and great shot blocking ability but ask yourself: Would you take a guy nearly exactly like DeAndre Jordan with the 1st or 2nd overall pick? There is a slight chance Andre Drummond turns into the next Dwight Howard, but I'd rather take my chances with Anthony Davis or Harrison Barnes. Anyone else agree???

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    It's clear to see that Andre is very overrated on this board. Andre is so raw offensively it's not even funny. Sure, he has outstanding athletisicm that "Can't be taught," but it will obviously take him a while to develop his offensive game. I want someone who can come in next year and make an immediate impact. Andre reminds me so much of DeAndre Jordan who has unbelievable athletisicm and great shot blocking ability but ask yourself: Would you take a guy nearly exactly like DeAndre Jordan with the 1st or 2nd overall pick? There is a slight chance Andre Drummond turns into the next Dwight Howard, but I'd rather take my chances with Anthony Davis or Harrison Barnes. Anyone else agree???
    100% agree he is a high risk high reward pick, and the only way I would pick someone like that is if we can get him with our second first round pick (which looks unlikely thanks to how good the T-Wolves are playing).
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It seems like Drummond will not enter the draft this year. That being said, if we want a project with a outstanding upside we'll choose Davis I think. But if we want a player that can contribute next with a very good potential we'll go with T-Rob or Jared Sullinger.
    Some websites compare Sullinger to Kevin Love and T-Rob to Derrick Williams.
    It will be nice to have the next Derrick Williams if we can't have Davis. What do y'all think?

The only comparison I see with Sullinger and Love is both were heavy coming out of college. Their games aren't similar at all. I think if Sullinger can drop weight like Love has the last two seasons, he will be a perennial All-Star.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    The only comparison I see with Sullinger and Love is both were heavy coming out of college. Their games aren't similar at all. I think if Sullinger can drop weight like Love has the last two seasons, he will be a perennial All-Star.
    How do you see Thomas Robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by Russy View Post
    It seems like Drummond will not enter the draft this year. That being said, if we want a project with a outstanding upside we'll choose Davis I think. But if we want a player that can contribute next with a very good potential we'll go with T-Rob or Jared Sullinger.
    Some websites compare Sullinger to Kevin Love and T-Rob to Derrick Williams.
    It will be nice to have the next Derrick Williams if we can't have Davis. What do y'all think?
    Honestly, I think he has to enter the draft this year. If he stays and doesn't show enough improvements in year 2, teams will pass on him in the top 5. He's a guaranteed top 3 pick now, he has to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Honestly, I think he has to enter the draft this year. If he stays and doesn't show enough improvements in year 2, teams will pass on him in the top 5. He's a guaranteed top 3 pick now, he has to come out.
    I agree. Plus he has to come out. If he doesn't, it will lessen the value of the Hornets 2nd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Sullinger is underrated. I see him as a sturdier Zach Randolph.

You are right. We'll see at the deadline.

I say we trade the Minny pick and Kaman for NOLA native Danny Granger. I love watching this guy play!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    I say we trade the Minny pick and Kaman for NOLA native Danny Granger. I love watching this guy play!
    yeah because there is a good chance of indy accepting that deal

The tournament will make or break him. If he plays well I would love to have him on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    yeah because there is a good chance of indy accepting that deal
    Well there is always a chance.

going by his performance tonight against Louisville he just seems like to much of a risk. Dude has gone scoreless 0/6, has only 4 boards and 3 steals and there is only 90 seconds left in the game. Also what has happened to lamb since his great start to the season, he was projected to go in the top 5 wasnt he.

There was a story earlier in the year that claimed Drummond intended to stay at UConn. I wouldn't be too surprised if he does stay, given his youth and the rawness of his game, though this might depend on Calhoun's health. And it's true that if he is projected top 3 it will be awfully hard for him to stay in school. I watched a bit of the UConn-Louisville game tonight and the entire UConn team seemed out of whack, not just Drummond. Not sure what is going on there.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    No one is really having a solid year at UCONN save maybe for Shabazz.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I don't think he is way overrated. He is generally thought of as the 2nd over all pick, if he comes out. But, I personally, Don't really love him that much. IMO he needs to dominate college before the NBA. One step at a time. I know Slim is very high on him.

I'm a Barnes guy then maybe T Robinson. Drummond's lack of offense on a daily basis scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    What part of Anthony Davis' offense is not raw? Add to that he needs to put on about 20 to 30 lbs, unlike Drummond.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What part of Anthony Davis' offense is not raw? Add to that he needs to put on about 20 to 30 lbs, unlike Drummond.
    That shouldn't be much of a problem. With a dedicated enough regimen, he can put on 8-15 pounds of muscle in just one offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That shouldn't be much of a problem. With a dedicated enough regimen, he can put on 8-15 pounds of muscle in just one offseason.
    Depends on the individual. Some people will just not put on weight no matter the regimen, until their body says so.

At the NBA level, if I'm going to invest in a project, I'll take Drummond before Davis.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    So take him, tank another season and get more pickssssssssssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzz! Just kidding. With a healthy Gordon, Drummond, and the rest this team would probably make an 8th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    At least that much.

My girlfriend's brother put on 25 lbs of muscle over one summer (no steriods), but he had a pretty crazy diet/workout routine - body builder type stuff. You have to be seriously dedicated, but it is definitely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    At least that much.

My girlfriend's brother put on 25 lbs of muscle over one summer (no steriods), but he had a pretty crazy diet/workout routine - body builder type stuff. You have to be seriously dedicated, but it is definitely possible.
    That's what I'm saying. Hassan Whiteside (*sigh* gotta stop bringing that dude up) supposedly put on 25lbs of muscle. But there's talk of if he over did it and his body isn't handling it quite so well.

He disappears to often.. No thanks... Way overrated he shouldn't come out this year
    Last edited by Shelbywmccarty; 02-07-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Thread Information