Pelicans Report

Thread: Those that question !o Ty Williams...

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

Those that question !o Ty Williams...

Ya kiddin right? The team lacks certain skill sets that are need to compete on the NBA level. What is itnthat can be done as far as talent level at this point? Question strategy if you desire, but keep in mind having a limited collection of players that must be able to do certtain things is a problem.

Let's be honest with our observations.
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

Posting from the phone, V-man? Been there . . .

I think you pick the coach of your choice from all of history in their prime, and this team isn't doesn't make the playoffs in it's current state.

It's Monty the answer? I don't know. Is he the problem? The? No. A? Maybe.

Give that man a quality assistant that has an offensive mindset to supplement his "If I do have any philosophies, they're all on the defensive end of the floor" commitment to defense.

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2011/...n-teams-plans/

About 4:00 in . . .

I don't ask the world of Monty on offense, just like I don't ask the world of Sean Payton on defense, but I do expect the teams to provide these men with the staff and players they need. We had great players, and our offense was still below where it needed to be and even where it should have been. It's a staff issue for sure, but I'm not ready to give up on Monty.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

Don't have the Required Needs

Sorry.but required needs must be met to do the things you want to do...can't hide lack of speed or shooting abilty.....can't hide the lack of "off the dribble" get your own shot talent......needs are obvious..plus as i observe preparation sessions the spirit and the coaching is very good...i belive my eyes over anyone elses.

Thread Information