Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford on Eric Gordon extension

Love just agreed to extension

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    I talked to Gordon's 3rd uncle on his mother side of the family and he said that EJ wanted to play in the D-League....not in the NBA and not for the Hornets
    that can't possibly be true because I talked to his best friend in high school, and he told me eric gordon wants to play minor league baseball

Quote Originally Posted by ej_23 View Post
    But if they really low ball him like a 4 yr 40m deal with no play option like some teams do he will likely wait it out.
    Demps allegedly offered Jamal Crawford $8 - $9 million. No way they lowball Gordon with 4/$40. Gallinari just got 4/$42 out of Denver. The deal definitely should be around 4/$50 million

Gordon's is probably gonna get a 4yr/ 50-55 million deal. Hornets have all the leverage in this situation. If a deal doesn't get done, let Gordon test free agency and then just match the offer he receives. Don't understand all the he wants to "go to the pacers talk". The Pacers are a 1st rd fodder playoff team at best. I would rather be in the Hornets position rather than the pacers position just good enough to make the playoffs, but not considered a real threat in the east.
    Last edited by yufrem31; 01-25-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Demps allegedly offered Jamal Crawford $8 - $9 million. No way they lowball Gordon with 4/$40. Gallinari just got 4/$42 out of Denver. The deal definitely should be around 4/$50 million
    Agreed. If Gallinari gets 42, Gordon deserves more.

BUT

Eric Gordon's friend's sister's aunt's dog told me that EJ is going to get paid in a minority share in the team, becoming the first player-owner in the league's history.

good lord, if the bulls could land gordon that team would be incredible!

also gordon is most likely gonna be making about 13.5 - 14.5 mil, anyone who thinks we r getting him for 10 is on crack

Tell me about it. Landry cost $8.5.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Let's asssume this is true (for all intents and purposes let's say you are right). Derrick Rose just signed a whopper of a deal to keep him there for quite some time. That is his team, and he is a ball dominant player (just like EJ is). Those 2 would NEVER in a million years be able to play on the same team effectively. Therefore, EJ can get over that little dream because it ain't gunna happen.

Personally, though, I would wager that the deal will be in OUR favor. Think about it. We don't have any incentive to give Gordon a max deal on a contract extension. He is a restricted FA, which means that we give him the deal that we want to give him. If nobody else overpays, then we get him at our price. If another team does decide to overpay, then we match it, and we end up paying the max anyway. Get my point?
    Gordon and Rose actually played together on an AAU team back in the day (they were unstoppable) and Gordon was the scorer, while Rose was the distributor. Gordon also tried to get Rose to commit to Illinois to play with him, before he left for Indiana.

Chicago is obviously a pipe dream, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Last edited by LoneyROY7; 01-25-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    Gordon and Rose actually played together on AAU team back in the day (they were unstoppable) and Gordon was the scorer, while Rose was the distributor. Gordon also tried to get Rose to commit to Illinois to play with him, before he left for Indiana.

Chicago is obviously a pipe dream, but just thought I'd throw that out there.
    yes and what people dont know is that basically every summer Drose would come and live with the Gordon's they are still very close and train together in the off season.

that backcourt was the best backcourt in AAU history bar none to bad we only got to see it for a very short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    Gordon and Rose actually played together on an AAU team back in the day (they were unstoppable) and Gordon was the scorer, while Rose was the distributor. Gordon also tried to get Rose to commit to Illinois to play with him, before he left for Indiana.

Chicago is obviously a pipe dream, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.
    AAU is a completely different game than the NBA. I'm just saying... DRose is much more of a scorer than a distributor. I can't see it working in the NBA, JMO.

I was only pointing out that Chad Ford was right about saying EJ's first choice isnt NO which is true.

But my guess is at least 50% of players in the NBA play in a situation or place they dont want to that is part of the game.

Oh yea to bad we only got to see an AAU team for a short period of time. I don't think "we" cared that much about it.

Thanks for the insights EJ_23. You've made a valuable contribution to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    AAU is a completely different game than the NBA. I'm just saying... DRose is much more of a scorer than a distributor. I can't see it working in the NBA, JMO.
    Yeah, I feel you...I just wasn't sure if some of y'all knew that they did actually play together back in the day.

If players only played with the teams they wanted to play for their would only be 6 teams and then the rest would be called the Washington Generals filled with Squeaky Johnsons and Brian Butchs.

Anyway get this mofo signed. 57 Million is enough.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Quote Originally Posted by PP3istheMVP View Post
    If players only played with the teams they wanted to play for their would only be 6 teams and then the rest would be called the Washington Generals filled with Squeaky Johnsons and Brian Butchs.

Anyway get this mofo signed. 57 Million is enough.

Yea but we have seen it happen. Spoiled brats crying there way to buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by ej_23 View Post
    after the trade I spoke with his family and he didnt want to be a hornet he didnt want to be a clipper either though he didnt like how the organization was on Blake's {edited -language}. He may change his mind but when Chad Ford was reporting he wasn't gonna resign that there is no doubt he wasn't planing on being with the Hornets long term.
    You make Eric Gordon seem like a *****.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbs91 View Post
    You make Eric Gordon seem like a *****.
    It's irritating to think, but there's a good chance really good players are just like this. They see their peers go where they please...not unreasonable to think they want to do something similar.

Just wish things were set up more like the NFL where you just nut up and play where you're at until you're a true free agent...but even then teams can throw a ton of money at you and you find where you are much more appealing.

I LOVE NOLA but if an employer flashed $55 mil in front of my face I'd move to friggin' Montana.

I would not move to Montana for $55mil. #NOLALOVE

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    Yeah, right...

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    I'm as big of a NOLA supporter and have said I'd never move away from the city, but flash 55 mil and I'll get NFL/NBA season passes on direct tv and live the big dog life in Montana.

@DatPurpleHornet

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's irritating to think, but there's a good chance really good players are just like this. They see their peers go where they please...not unreasonable to think they want to do something similar.

Just wish things were set up more like the NFL where you just nut up and play where you're at until you're a true free agent...but even then teams can throw a ton of money at you and you find where you are much more appealing.

I LOVE NOLA but if an employer flashed $55 mil in front of my face I'd move to friggin' Montana.
    Would just have to take a lot of vaca's with that money.

Montana, HERE I COME!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Would just have to take a lot of vaca's with that money.
    Better believe it.

Have to imagine the food ain't that good and the eye candy is even worse.

Thread Information