Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford on Eric Gordon extension

Chad Ford on Eric Gordon extension

Philip (Germany) Update on the Eric Gordon contract extension?

Chad Ford (1:16 PM)

Stern authorized an extension ... it's just unclear for how much. It's going to take a lot of money to lock up Gordon in New Orleans. But given his injury history, he does seem surprisingly motivated to get a deal done. This one's a bit tough to call without knowing the numbers.

ford not stein

Yea, Chad Ford, the guy who swore that Gordon couldn't wait to get out of town.

I think it will be 4yrs 45-55m

which is fair to the Hornets and the player option makes it fair for Eric.

with a player option on the 4th year(he would opt out if healthy because then he would be a 7yr vet and could get a bigger deal with the experience rule. This will be key IMO of getting the deal done

Eric is worth the max but he would take this deal if offered IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    Yea, Chad Ford, the guy who swore that Gordon couldn't wait to get out of town.
    He is right EJ didnt want to be in NO long term but money speaks.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ej_23 View Post
    When did he tell you this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hornet View Post
    exactly how could you know this....since we got eric gordon, there have been some new members on this board from indiana who believe he only wants to play in indiana...a bit biased opinion

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And bull**** leaks.

Are you drippin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hornet View Post
    after the trade I spoke with his family and he didnt want to be a hornet he didnt want to be a clipper either though he didnt like how the organization was on Blake's {edited -language}. He may change his mind but when Chad Ford was reporting he wasn't gonna resign that there is no doubt he wasn't planing on being with the Hornets long term.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And bull**** leaks.

Are you drippin'?
    Can't you see by his profile -- that's Eric Gordon! You're getting straight from the horse's mouth!

after the trade I spoke with his family and he didnt want to be a hornet he didnt want to be a clipper either though he didnt like how the organization was on Blake's {edited-language}. He may change his mind but when Chad Ford was reporting he wasn't gonna resign that there is no doubt he wasn't planing on being with the Hornets long term.
    i highly doubt you spoke with his family

after the trade I spoke with his family and he didnt want to be a hornet he didnt want to be a clipper either though he didnt like how the organization was on Blake's {edited-language}. He may change his mind but when Chad Ford was reporting he wasn't gonna resign that there is no doubt he wasn't planing on being with the Hornets long term.

@DatPurpleHornet

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I don't know who you know, nor do I really care(every Pacers fan on every board knows Eric Gordon by the way, it's amazing). But Eric Gordon was NEVER not going to sign in NO. Period. He was going to become a restricted free agent making only $5 million. He was never going to turn down $50 million + for $5 million. No one in the history of sports has turned down $50+ million for $5 million.

I don't care if it's because of money, or anything else. He doesn't have to stay in NO. When he re-signs, that means he wants to stay in NO. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    exactly how could you know this....since we got eric gordon, there have been some new members on this board from indiana who believe he only wants to play in indiana...a bit biased opinion
    Actually his preferred place to go is Chicago and be a Bull not Indiana.

But he realizes that likely isn't gonna happen any time soon.

It won't happen in 3 years either. Between Boozer, Noah and Rose they won't have any big money slots left.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    i highly doubt you spoke with his family
    I go to HS where Eric's mom teaches Warren Central home of Jeff George and Devin Davis lol. She is a really nice lady and a good teacher and we talk basketball and she said he would like to be a Bull.

But im really not gonna argue pretty stupid to argue on the internet.

Ya'll dont have to believe/agree what ej says...just respect his opinion and go about your bizz.

An no extension doesn't mean squat, either.

Actually his preferred place to go is Chicago and be a Bull not Indiana.

Let's asssume this is true (for all intents and purposes let's say you are right). Derrick Rose just signed a whopper of a deal to keep him there for quite some time. That is his team, and he is a ball dominant player (just like EJ is). Those 2 would NEVER in a million years be able to play on the same team effectively. Therefore, EJ can get over that little dream because it ain't gunna happen.

Personally, though, I would wager that the deal will be in OUR favor. Think about it. We don't have any incentive to give Gordon a max deal on a contract extension. He is a restricted FA, which means that we give him the deal that we want to give him. If nobody else overpays, then we get him at our price. If another team does decide to overpay, then we match it, and we end up paying the max anyway. Get my point?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I go to HS where Eric's mom teaches Warren Central home of Jeff George and Devin Davis lol. She is a really nice lady and a good teacher and we talk basketball and she said he would like to be a Bull.

But im really not gonna argue pretty stupid to argue on the internet.
    Is she making this pitch like Chris Paul's dad made Chris's?

I don't like this new guy..
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Let's asssume this is true (for all intents and purposes let's say you are right). Derrick Rose just signed a whopper of a deal to keep him there for quite some time. That is his team, and he is a ball dominant player (just like EJ is). Those 2 would NEVER in a million years be able to play on the same team effectively. Therefore, EJ can get over that little dream because it ain't gunna happen.

Personally, though, I would wager that the deal will be in OUR favor. Think about it. We don't have any incentive to give Gordon a max deal on a contract extension. He is a restricted FA, which means that we give him the deal that we want to give him. If nobody else overpays, then we get him at our price. If another team does decide to overpay, then we match it, and we end up paying the max anyway. Get my point?
    Yes I agree he isnt gonna be in Chicago anytime soon like I said he realizes that. Your point about the max is true also and if the Hornets offer a fair deal it will likely get done IMO. But if they really low ball him like a 4 yr 40m deal with no play option like some teams do he will likely wait it out.

Who knows Stern maybe put a limit on how much the Hornets can offer him right now. there are so many dynamics to this.

Like I said I believe the player option is key because once your a 7 year vet you can start earning more money than before.

Almost all elite guys wait until they are a 7 yr vet to sign the 5 yr deal. ala Lebron when he signed a 3yr extension instead of 5 it was so he made more $$ long term. Kevin Love just did the same and many max guys do that.

Yeah, he will want the option and likely get it. I do not think they will go as low as $40 million, but should hover around $50 million instead of $60 million. Who knows what his tolerance level is though.

I talked to Gordon's 3rd uncle on his mother side of the family and he said that EJ wanted to play in the D-League....not in the NBA and not for the Hornets

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Basically it comes down to, do we want him to be a Hornet or not?

Because if we don't give him the money he's looking for, someone else will.

Or we'll just end up matching a deal that could be bigger in FA.

Thread Information