Pelicans Report

Thread: What are the free parking options near the NO Arena?

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar

What are the free parking options near the NO Arena?

Just curious if anyone knows about them. Getting $5 tickets on StubHub would be even better if I didn't have to pay $10 for parking.

I street park on poydras or perdido. Very short walk.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    The underpass.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Next to Club NV.

If you are coming from the East, take the Superdome exit, stay on Claiborne, pass Poydras and you'll see some warehouse looking buildings on your right, take the first right and behind the buildings there is a grass parking lot with lots of free parking. A little bit of a walk to the arena, but not that bad IMO.

At times, I park by the Rouse's and knock out some shopping post-game. Free and saves a trip out another day maybe at the expense of a little more walking.

Ok, thanks guys

BUMP

^^Since January, anytime I have to go to the CBD during the day or for an arena/dome event, I park at the Rouses near the arena with no problem. There is a sign in front of the store lot saying something like "60 minute parking...Rouses customers only...violators will be towed" but don't worry about that. I've been parked there for several hours or more on many occasions with nothing happening.

I mean, it's not like they have time to notice "Hmm, that one car that I specifically pointed out among 20+ cars that I saw over 60 minutes ago is still here!!" Plus, their parking lot is never really at capacity to the point they actually need to remove "delinquent" cars anyway.

If you need to go near the Riverfront, it is a rather long walk, but if you don't mind walking it's worth not having to cough up extra cash.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Right under 90 behind the dome.

Street parking off of poydras is plentiful. All the time. If you have a truck part behind the arena under the overpass. ORRRR off of earhart under the bridge...walk over the man bridge and walaa.

On Poydras or Clara St. I always park there during Hornets games. It's free and just a short walk through the Dome parking garage and you are in front the arena.

Thread Information