Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaman to Boston?

Kaman to Boston?

Here’s a look at some unrestricted free agents and restricted free agents and their chances of playing in Boston:

Chris Kaman - He could be only a rental in New Orleans, and though it seems he’s been in the league for 25 years, he doesn’t turn 30 until April and can consistently hit the jumper off the pick-and-roll. If the Celtics are seeking a workmanlike big man with some miles left, Kaman may be their best option. Chances: 40 percent.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...ics/?page=full
    Given those odds, it sounds like something is in the works between Boston and New Orleans. Interesting...

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'd rather keep Kaman than get any of that crap they can give us back.

For the record though, I see really noway that works unless they want to send us Allen, Rondo, or Pierce. Kamans contract is huge.

Boston has always made a lot of sense with the extra pick they have and they were willing to give up both their rookies in a S&T of West. Demps might have to cut the Johnsons to free up roster spots, but Kaman for Oneal, Wilcox, Bradley and Jujuan Johnson works. Throw in one of the firsts and it's a decent deal for both sides.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Only person I'd even want is Ray Allen. Just to get reminded of what it looks like when a 3pter is made.

He's expiring too. What would that get them?

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    I'm hoping he ends up in Houston. They need size, and I want the Knicks 1st rounder. Don't care what else is in the deal as long as we get that 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    He's expiring too. What would that get them?
    My eternal admiration.

Boston is below .500 right now, which means it could turn out to have a decent draft pick, but they also play in the ever so tough eastern conference so they might sneak in to the playoffs with a losing record. I'm all for it if it means MOAR PICKS

I just hope we don't end up with a young team loaded with "potential" and having to wait 3-4 years to see the fruits of their labor. This season has just started and it's already brutal! I'm not sure how much of this pain I can take.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    I just hope we don't end up with a young team loaded with "potential" and having to wait 3-4 years to see the fruits of their labor. This season has just started and it's already brutal! I'm not sure how much of this pain I can take.
    I don't know about you or anyone else, but I am enjoying watching our 3-13 injury ridden team. It seems each and every game we are within reach to win, and that is without our top scorer. Of course losses hurt, but we compete every single game and the games are interesting. It just makes you think how good this team could be with a healthy lineup and next year with 2 lotto picks.

This is what is going to happen. It's what we are building for. Gordan and two lottery picks are the future right now. I'm not saying we will be horrible for the next 3-4 years, we can make the playoffs but we won't contend that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by geauxbama View Post
    I don't know about you or anyone else, but I am enjoying watching our 3-13 injury ridden team. It seems each and every game we are within reach to win, and that is without our top scorer. Of course losses hurt, but we compete every single game and the games are interesting. It just makes you think how good this team could be with a healthy lineup and next year with 2 lotto picks.
    I find it kinda fun to root against the Timberwolves also, that 3 love hit to win the game the other night killed me almost as much as a hornets lost. It's kinda fun to have two teams to root for or against.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    This is what is going to happen. It's what we are building for. Gordan and two lottery picks are the future right now. I'm not saying we will be horrible for the next 3-4 years, we can make the playoffs but we won't contend that soon.
    Contending soon depends solely on how the players we acquire over the next few months develop. If we get post players with our picks, if they start out fast, anything at all like Blake Griffin or Kevin Love, then we could find ourselves looking at being good real soon.

That's a pretty big if.

It's also why, to me, the safest choice in the whole draft is gonna be Barnes. At the least he's gonna be a 3pt threat with a solid back down post game, like a younger, slightly bigger, Paul Pierce.

The pick is better for us than any non-expiring player.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Uh... get ready to be disappointed because that's exactly what's going to happen. Although probably only 2-3 years and not 3-4. I mean, really, did you think this team would turn into a contender overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    The pick is better for us than any non-expiring player.
    Absolutely. Kaman doesn't do anything for this franchise except maybe pad the win column by half a dozen games or so. He won't be worth his contract extension numbers by the time this team is ready to contend. I would gladly take a mid-range first rounder. Not saying you'll get amazing talent there but that gives you three picks in the first round to make deals with.
    Last edited by Unknown Poster; 01-23-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    Given those odds, it sounds like something is in the works between Boston and New Orleans. Interesting...
    I assume this is a reputable journalist who wrote this, but he doesn't pretend to do anything more than speculating. Honestly, this is no more reputable than bleacherreport. He clearly arbitrarily created odds based on his limited knowledge of the Hornets from an outside perspective.

If we get a first round pick for Kaman, I will try to do cartwheels. Seriously, he's not a long-term answer and off the bench he will only add 3-4 wins a season.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I like Kaman, and would like to keep him here for a reasonable contract. He hustles, has a good work ethic, and appears to be a team player. The thing that worries me is how inconsistent he can be shooting the ball, but at the moment that's the whole team. If we can draft some talent that allows us to create better shots, he could be really good coming off the bench.

That being said, if we can get a first rounder for him (doubtful) then...CYA!!

Also, this is my first post and I don't care to start a thread introducing myself. My basketball knowledge is limited, especially compared to what I know about football. I hope to learn about the intricacies of the game from you guys. Native New Orleanian, huge Hornets/Saints fan through thick and thin. Nice to meet ya.

We do need a pass first PG ?? as much as most people hate rondo I wouldn't mind him on this team, what u think it'd take??

More than the Hornets are willing to give up.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    I'd see if Kaman and Minny's 1st would land Rondo and their lowest 1st of their 3, BUT it's imperative that the Hornets add a sniper from distance immediately to make up for his lack of shooting.

Rondo/Jack
    Gordon/Xavier
    Ariza/Aminu/Summers
    Davis (please God let us win the lottery)/Landry
    Oak/Smith

Move Ariza, for a better offensive 3 and that's not a bad lineup at all. We would definitely need a sharp shooter as soon as possible.
    Last edited by GeauxPelicans; 01-23-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Why do they need to make up for anything 'immediately.' It's tank time, brah. Worry about that in the off season.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieNOHfan View Post
    We do need a pass first PG ?? as much as most people hate rondo I wouldn't mind him on this team, what u think it'd take??
    It'd take Gordon or one of the firsts for them to consider Rondo. But goodness, I would love to have Rondo, he would fit perfectly with Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Why do they need to make up for anything 'immediately.' It's tank time, brah. Worry about that in the off season.
    I agree. Let the season play out, trade Kaman and Landry for draft picks (1st or 2nd), see what the draft brings us, and then figure out which players we could trade for or sign.

Keep Ariza....he is a championship caliber player and our best defender by far who can slow down other teams best perimeter player
    Aminu isnt ready, nor is he aggressive enough Ariza needs to teach him how to be loose out there

Thread Information