Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Benson, Chouest, Dunleavy On the List of Potential Owners

Quote Originally Posted by bandogo View Post
    If nothing happens once legislative session starts then we should be worried.its amazing how little reporting the times picayune has done on this subject. If it weren't for this website the ownership and lease issue would receive no attention when in actuality it is the only thing that matters I n regard to this team. The games are meaningless this yr
    And Deke Belavia is already talking about LSU's 2013 football commitments

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Am I the only one who just wants this junk to be over with?
    You certainly aren't. The continuing uncertainty makes me nervous. I know things like this take time, but I can't shake the feeling that Stern is having a tough time fending off offers from potential buyers who might want to move the team.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    offers from potential buyers who might want to move the team.
    Even then, Deke will report it during his second hour...right after the story about a Junior defensive lineman from Hot Coffee, Mississippi that is considering LSU.

The Franchise    Contributor   

Of course if Deke was talking about the Hornets, it would be Deke talking about the Hornets. It would be as accurate and insightful as him talking about the Westminster Dog Show or the Cricket World Cup. As much as the 870 guys are what they are, they do a good job with what they understand, LSU and Saints football (listening to them talk LSU basketball or baseball is as bad as Their Hornets analysis...) What I hate about 870 is the callers. frankly, I'm not crazy about V's callers either. I'd rather more guests

Hopefully the TP will start thinking about covering ownership, the lease and the CST deal. It has to heat up soon. If all you can do is think about the future then they have to start writing about the future

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    Of course if Deke was talking about the Hornets, it would be Deke talking about the Hornets. It would be as accurate and insightful as him talking about the Westminster Dog Show or the Cricket World Cup. As much as the 870 guys are what they are, they do a good job with what they understand, LSU and Saints football (listening to them talk LSU basketball or baseball is as bad as Their Hornets analysis...) What I hate about 870 is the callers. frankly, I'm not crazy about V's callers either. I'd rather more guests

Hopefully the TP will start thinking about covering ownership, the lease and the CST deal. It has to heat up soon. If all you can do is think about the future then they have to start writing about the future
    Sorry, ANYTHING Deke talks about is like fingernails on a chalkboard. He is pompous and arrogant and cannot accept that anyone else's view may differ from his,

There's Sportstalk on 870? Haven't changed my dial from 4-7 since Gerry V returned to the airwaves!

Thread Information