Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hornets sale enters new phase.

I think that the NBa has vested interest in keeping this team in NOLA and will ensure it with this sale. We are in much better hands than when with our former owner!

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I went to UVA undergrad -- does that make me a Virginia local~ Anyway, agreed that Benson is the safest choice simply because he has so much money tied up into the downtown area.

Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post
    A OWNER?!?!?!

Where do you get these?

Help me out:

Since the NBA own the Hornets are they more likely to sell to a
    local owner or anyone who has the money?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    I went to UVA undergrad -- does that make me a Virginia local~ Anyway, agreed that Benson is the safest choice simply because he has so much money tied up into the downtown area.
    Benson has the most reason to want the Hornets here, and so would anyone profiting Champions Square. I want someone who has incentive to keep the team here beyond whatever baubles other places throw at the owner. As far as character etc. go . . . to me, they're all out for things other than what I'm out for in the end, and that's about the end of that.

UVA . . . I did a pop-in over there this Summer. Nice school. Huge TJ fan here. The town seems conducive to studying . . . tip me off to a good spot for grub for my next jaunt.

Blue bird cafe... if it's still there. Been fifteen or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Help me out:

Since the NBA own the Hornets are they more likely to sell to a
    local owner or anyone who has the money?

Thanks
    Probably local. They wouldn't have gone through this whole production if they just wanted to ship it off to the highest bidder. They could have done that a year ago.

Rookie
    March 15 is the trade deadline. Do yall think the owner will be in place by then?

On conference call today hugh weber stated owner should be in place in 4-6week

Mike Dunleavy Sr has family in NOLA. Makes sense. Mike is always in town visiting them. That family had a lot of athletes at Newman.

UVA treated the Tulane refugees after Katrina like utter crap. We were bullied, talked down to, and demeaned everywhere we turned. Someone told me they were glad our city was underwater now, and most people spent hours trying to convince me that Charlottesville was 10000 times better than New Orleans. It was the worst four months of my life. Bodo's was delicious, though.

But I don't want to threadjack, so I'll talk about ownership. I really want a balance of knowledge and $$$, so Chouest is probably at the bottom of my list. Dunleavy could be a good choice if only for the NBA connections. Tom Benson strikes me as a bad idea for a few different reasons. But overall, if they're committed to keeping the franchise in the city and don't want to completely get rid of everyone in the organization, I'm on board.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    UVA treated the Tulane refugees after Katrina like utter crap. We were bullied, talked down to, and demeaned everywhere we turned. Someone told me they were glad our city was underwater now, and most people spent hours trying to convince me that Charlottesville was 10000 times better than New Orleans. It was the worst four months of my life. Bodo's was delicious, though.

But I don't want to threadjack, so I'll talk about ownership. I really want a balance of knowledge and $$$, so Chouest is probably at the bottom of my list. Dunleavy could be a good choice if only for the NBA connections. Tom Benson strikes me as a bad idea for a few different reasons. But overall, if they're committed to keeping the franchise in the city and don't want to completely get rid of everyone in the organization, I'm on board.
    Yeah, they would've arrested me, cuz I would've broken people.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandogo View Post
    if true....prior to the tread deadline....sorry, I guess this was a response to a question, huh?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

after thinking about this more, I stick with my original opinion. Benson has too much incentive to make the hornets successful for me to want anyone else. Hornets need to be more involved with Champions Square/entertainment district in the making... and Benson can and will make that happen, imo.
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If the NBA allows it, I'd love Benson to get in on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    Where do you get these?
    Around the interwebs

@DatPurpleHornet

Quote Originally Posted by bandogo View Post
    but hornets weeks a much more longer then normal weeks ... see the injury reports heheh

I hope it isn't Tom Benson, I agree with the article on that front, you need a dedicated owner or ownership group to make a small market team work and someone who already owns the biggest game in town isn't going to try and offer a better product to compete but seems to just want to buy up a competitor to increase his range without having to suffer competition.

Chouest seems the best choice on all fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    Where do you get these?
    It's one of the most popular and common gifs of all time. Very easy to find.

Why not just tell him one of the very easy ways and end this and some future conversations?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Why not just tell him one of the very easy ways and end this and some future conversations?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/reactiongifs

Quote Originally Posted by shuali View Post
    Mischief managed.

Thread Information