Pelicans Report

Thread: Champion Square?

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar

Champions Square?

Headed back to Nola tonight to watch Hornets game , any good restaurants in champion square? Anybody been to the new Mannings restaurant?
    Last edited by GeauxPelicans; 01-21-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Champions Square is not open on hornets game nights. Don't worry your not missing out on much. I've gone there a few times before saints games. Its more like a festival or fair than a place with nice restaurants to eat.

Ok thanks

I know walk ons is a pretty popular spot to watch a game in baton rouge, and they just opened up on poydras downtown. Might want to check it out.

I went there for a thing, Walk On's, and it seemed ok. Kinda vanilla, but sufficient and with a good location. If you have time to stroll back and forth to the Quarter, try Felix's there on Iberville, just front of town from Bourbon (so really close to Canal).

There a few good places at a radius between Walk On's and Felix's, and you really can't go wrong. If you're visiting (seems it), don't make too big a deal of it, but stay away from generic (Domino's). Mahoney's is a great poboy place, and Mother's has name-recognition outside NOLA . . . worth a small line but not a huge one, relative to other options, especially on a schedule.

Also, there's some good food at the Arena. The programs have maps. I like pasta over by 109.

Need free balcony tickets?

No thanks on the tickets. Me and my brother are season ticket holders. Thanks for all the other info too, but I'm actually from new Orleans and lived there most of my life. I just haven't been back since champions square opened and I was wondering if it was worth going to. Have you heard and reviews of Mannings?

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    No thanks on the tickets. Me and my brother are season ticket holders. Thanks for all the other info too, but I'm actually from new Orleans and lived there most of my life. I just haven't been back since champions square opened and I was wondering if it was worth going to. Have you heard and reviews of Mannings?
    Glad to hear it. Better to have the season ticketholders in the fold when possible.

I know nothing about it. I'm not even sure if it's open or not. Just haven't taken the time . . .

http://www.harrahsneworleans.com/cas...gs_new_orleans

Took the time. Just opened. The website says it's good, but what else is it going to say? It may be packed, so have a backup.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by 42; 01-21-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks 42, much appreciated.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Need free balcony tickets?
    I might

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I might
    Bingo-bango.

PM me your email address, we can handle this real-time.

Thread Information