Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: N/H WOW! Westbrook Contract Extension....

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Really? What's so great about Westbrook? Does he make the Thunder better? Not as much as Harden. Westbrook is similar to Rudy Gay. He's flashy, can score, but that's it. Westbrook is physically more gifted, but Harden does more for the Thunder. There's no debate about that. Harden is the second most valuable player on that team behind Durant.
    no way imo. harden has shown that he can be a great role player and 3rd option and nothing more, westbrook is 1 of the best scorers in the league and he did avg 8 apg last year
    Last edited by speedyG; 01-19-2012 at 11:05 PM.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Westbrook has the physical talent. The problem is he's not a PG. He wasn't a PG at UCLA. Collison started all those years. Westbrook just doesn't know how to play. He makes bad decisions, takes shots away from better shooters, and he's selfish. The coaches and Durant really don't care for him, but the front office has his back.

He's definitely more of a combo guard than a point guard, that's why I say he isn't a very good fit next to Durant. Go look at Rose's stats and compare them to Westbrook's. They are pretty close, and Rose doesn't have anyone clost to the talent level of Durant to take some of those shots away. Rose is by far the better player, but Westbrook is similar to Rose in my opinion

Westbrook may not fit perfectly with Durant and Harden, but you still have to lock him up. If things don't work out, you still have Westbrook as an asset to be used in a trade. You would be stupid to let him walk. I really don't like Westbrook, but the Thunder pretty much had to do this.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Why derail a potential title season over a few million over a couple of years? Sign the guy and move on. Yes he's overpaid. But so is every half decent player except LeBron and studs on rookie contracts.

Banned
    Westbrook is still developing not just as a player, but as a point guard. By the way he had 36 points and 7 assists the other night, while Durant got his 33. Westbrook hasnt been playing the pg position very long , and he was already voted as the 2nd team all pro. Think about that for a moment. It isnt as if the all pro teams were chosen by Thunder (or westbrook) homers. The dude is getting by on raw talent, and when he really figures it out and taps into his true potential, he'll be the most dominant pg in the league. That alone is worth every penny of 80million and more. Also, Westbrook is more valuable right now because he has a bigger impact on the outcome of games. I also think it would be easier to replace harden.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Let's name the guards who are better than Westbrook:
    Kobe (still the best)
    D Rose
    CP (his knee prob is growing more obvious every game I see him play)
    Wade (can't stay healthy)
    That's all I've got, but yeah he's not worth a max contract.
    Steve Nash.
    aka Hornet Blood

Credit: wopester

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TealNest View Post
    Steve Nash.
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRucker View Post
    NO
    Yes he is.

Quote Originally Posted by TealNest View Post
    Yes he is.

Maybe, but it's debatable, and Nash is about to turn 38. Regardless that still only makes 5 guards (not just point guards) who are better than Westbrook. Anybody who thinks he isn't worth the max is crazy

Maybe, but it's debatable, and Nash is about to turn 38. Regardless that still only makes 5 guards (not just point guards) who are better than Westbrook. Anybody who thinks he isn't worth the max is crazy

You really like westbrook more than Deron Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post

Another guy who is debatable, they are different kind of PG, it all depends on what the team needs are. I would rather Westbrook over D Will on the Hornets for sure, this year at least. If Gordon could ever stay healthy and they could add another scorer or shooter then I'd rather D Will

Another guy who is debatable, they are different kind of PG, it all depends on what the team needs are. I would rather Westbrook over D Will on the Hornets for sure, this year at least. If Gordon could ever stay healthy and they could add another scorer or shooter then I'd rather D Will
    It may be debatable but I'm pretty sure 30 out of 30 teams would pick D Will if they had to pick, including OKC.

I disagree. Harden's a much better shooter, defender, and decision-maker. He does more for the Thunder compared to Westbrook who basically can create his own shot, but that's it. Harden is more complete.
    better scorer, maybe, better defender? are u crazy westbrook is a monster on the defensive

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    NO

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I'd say you could debate that Rondo, Steve Nash, and even Eric Gordon are better guards than Westbrook. However, I think he meant that those are the only guards that it couldn't be debated are better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I'd say you could debate that Rondo, Steve Nash, and even Eric Gordon are better guards than Westbrook. However, I think he meant that those are the only guards that it couldn't be debated are better.
    no no and no

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRucker View Post
    no no and no
    Do you only know one word?

Anyway, Westbrook deserves the money. You have a superstar, a second fiddle who is capable of going off for 30 and 10 assists, you better pay him the full amount. It's not worth the headaches of not paying him. The one thing he has to learn (PASS THE BALL TO KD YOU DUMMY) isn't hard to teach, and if it doesn't work out, you get more value back if you have to trade him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Do you only know one word?
    no

Thread Information