Pelicans Report

Thread: MORE MINUTES FOR JASON SMITH

MORE MINUTES FOR JASON SMITH

I can't say enough how happy I am with J Smith this year. We always knew that Jason would give you plenty of hustle but this year he's elevated his game to another level. We've seen him many times come from behind a fast break and block a shot or come up with big plays in a half court set.....not to mention that jumper is sweet. While he definitely could use more work to get better, I think he deserves more minutes as well. We definitely need to run more pick and roll with he and JJ similar to what we did with D. West and CP.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    I agree. He has shown a lot of improvement this year in the games we have played so far. I like his hustle and size. His shot seems to be falling more consistently too. He doesn't give up and has a good attitude. I like Smith, Landry , and Ayon moving forward. I'm not a fan of Kaman's game. He moves slow, likes to hold the ball once he gets it and just doesn't bring much energy when hes on the court. Hope we can trade him for some more young talent and another pick.

At first I didn't think that way about Kaman but now I'm definitely seeing it that way. He often gets so carried away with trying to score that he turns the ball over in the post. Smooth shot for a big man but he lacks consistency. I'm dissapointed in Trevor as well this year.

I think Trevor has been really good in his two appearances since the injury. His shot looks like...well, an NBA shot. And that's a vast improvement.

I don't want to judge Kaman too quickly -- or Smith, for that matter. Kaman is settling in, and he probably feels too much pressure to perform offensively. If he settles down, he could be a good contributor off the bench. And as for Smith, he started out pretty hot last year too. I'll definitely contend he has made improvements, but I'm afraid opposing coaches will figure him out again.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Smooth is playing pretty well this year. Perhaps all the hype that Weber creted on twitter over him was worth it. #Comingtogether

...No but for real, I like how he is playing but I take Landry and Ayon above him.

Thread Information