Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: N/H WOW! Westbrook Contract Extension....

N/H WOW! Westbrook Contract Extension....

Reportedly 5 years at $80 million! Not worth it at all IMO...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/74...igns-extension

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Clearly benefitting from playing with Durant. But whatevs. Dude got his money.

If Gordon could avoid the injury bug, he'd be worth something similar, no doubt.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I heard about that. Thought it was CRAZY. I mean, thats way too much.

Statistically you can argue westbrook is worth the extension, but in the grand scheme of the game i cant see OKC ever winning it all with westbrook at the helm. Ah well thats for Scott brooks to figure out now.

Banned
    I think westbrook is worth it.

Definitely worth it. One of the top 3-4 point guards in the league at 23 is
    Now locked up through his prime. Smart move.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    You guys can't be serious? Westbrook not worth max $$$? I hope you guys are all being sarcastic. I don't think he's a good fit next to Durant but that doesn't mean he isn't worth max $$$. Dude is 23 years old and already a top 3-5 guard in the NBA. Paul for Westbrook would of been the best trade we could of made, and I wish Presti would of gone for it.

No way Westbrook is worth that. He is a nice player, but no way he is worth that. Wonder if that was panic because of the rumors of his issues with his teammates...i.e. calm him down and make sure he is happy because OKC has a hell of a chance to win the West and maybe the title. Interesting, though.

I wouldn't of given him the max. I've never been a big fan of his game, but as mentioned above he is yet to hit his prime.
    Last edited by Tim Floyd; 01-19-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikan's Ghost View Post
    No way Westbrook is worth that. He is a nice player, but no way he is worth that. Wonder if that was panic because of the rumors of his issues with his teammates...i.e. calm him down and make sure he is happy because OKC has a hell of a chance to win the West and maybe the title. Interesting, though.
    Let's name the guards who are better than Westbrook:
    Kobe (still the best)
    D Rose
    CP (his knee prob is growing more obvious every game I see him play)
    Wade (can't stay healthy)
    That's all I've got, but yeah he's not worth a max contract.

Statistically he's probably worth around 13-14 million. Not too far off from the 16 million, but still a difference, especially when Westbrook is their 3rd most valuable player behind Durant and Harden. Westbrook, like Rudy Gay is overrated, but with Maynor going down with an injury, his role will be even bigger. Really, all the Thunder need is a steady pass first PG with Durant and Harden on the team, but the FO is madly in love with Westbrook and they're gonna let everyone know how much they love him.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Let's name the guards who are better than Westbrook:
    Kobe (still the best)
    D Rose
    CP (his knee prob is growing more obvious every game I see him play)
    Wade (can't stay healthy)
    That's all I've got, but yeah he's not worth a max contract.
    You left out Harden who's the best guard on the team.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I like Harden a lot. However, I think at the time of this writing, Westbrook is better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I like Harden a lot. However, I think at the time of this writing, Westbrook is better than him.
    I disagree. Harden's a much better shooter, defender, and decision-maker. He does more for the Thunder compared to Westbrook who basically can create his own shot, but that's it. Harden is more complete.

Banned
    Harden is nowhere near westbrook....I say that as a huge harden fan too. Westbrook is about as good as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRucker View Post
    Harden is nowhere near westbrook....I say that as a huge harden fan too. Westbrook is about as good as they come.
    Really? What's so great about Westbrook? Does he make the Thunder better? Not as much as Harden. Westbrook is similar to Rudy Gay. He's flashy, can score, but that's it. Westbrook is physically more gifted, but Harden does more for the Thunder. There's no debate about that. Harden is the second most valuable player on that team behind Durant.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    The 2nd best player on a championship contender is most likely worth a max contract. Westbrook is definitely worth it, especially when considering he hasn't even peaked yet.

He is worth it...

Banned
    I want whatever your smoking. Westbrook makes the thunder ALOT better than they would be without him. I watch just about every OKC game and are my second favorite team in the NBA. He grabs more boards than harden, more steals, has a better field goal percentage, more dimes, and they are even in blocks. Harden has a better 3 ball and they both shoot over 800 at the line. Westy plays 3 and a half minutes more than harden per game.
    Yea westy hasn't had his normal per game average of assists, but that will change. his career average is 7 he's got 5.5 this year

I'd say westy does more than harden for the thunder and 99% of people would agree with me.

Banned
    we can go back to their last three games for example
    Harden:
    13pts (3/8)fg (1/3)3pt
    3reb
    0ast
    1stl
    4to
    ---
    5pts (2/8)fg (0/4)3pt
    3reb
    1ast
    2stl
    2to
    ---
    24pts (8/12)fg (3/5)3pt
    2reb
    4ast
    0stl
    3to

Westy:
    36pts (14/26)fg (0/2)3pt
    5reb
    7ast
    1stl
    3to
    ---
    26pts (9/18)fg (3/4)3pt
    7reb
    4ast
    3stl
    4to
    ---
    21pts (6/12)fg (2/3)3pt
    8reb
    8ast
    3stl
    2to

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Not sure if serious?

Ok read thread and you are serious. I understand what u r saying, and I agree with u when u say Harden creates better for the team, but Harden isn't even close to Westbrook man. WB is a terrible fit next to Durant in my opinion but apparently the Thunder believe Brooks can make them work as a duo. I've already said just because he's a bad fit next to Durant, doesn't mean he shouldn't get a max contract. CP for Westbrook made to much sense and I still wish it would of happened

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRucker View Post
    I want whatever your smoking. Westbrook makes the thunder ALOT better than they would be without him. I watch just about every OKC game and are my second favorite team in the NBA. He grabs more boards than harden, more steals, has a better field goal percentage, more dimes, and they are even in blocks. Harden has a better 3 ball and they both shoot over 800 at the line. Westy plays 3 and a half minutes more than harden per game.
    Yea westy hasn't had his normal per game average of assists, but that will change. his career average is 7 he's got 5.5 this year

I'd say westy does more than harden for the thunder and 99% of people would agree with me.
    Its sad how you try to manipulate the facts. The FG%, rebounding are basically the same. Harden's 3-point shooting is a huge advantage. He shoots more 3's than Westbrook yet both have the same FG%. Also, Westbrook has twice the turnovers which is a killer.

Oh yeah, Harden's win shares is higher than Westbrook. Westbrook may have better numbers, but he hurts the team in ways Harden don't. The numbers don't lie. Harden's impact on the Thunder this season has been higher than Westbrook.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Westbrook has game, but he's not really a max contract type. The only reason he doesn't get due attention paid to him cuz if you do, Durant will murder you. But at the same time, that unbelievable tendency for him to come down and pop a midrange shot at a moment's notice when Durant is positively on fire...that has killed OKC in the past.

I really like Westbrook but I really have a problem when your PG averages 17 shots a game with Durant and Harden on the team. Harden is averaging whopping low 8.7 shots a game. That is unbelievable considering he's averaging 16.3 points a game this season. Westbrook should not be taking that many shots unless he averaging at least 50% in FGP. The only thing stopping Westbrook from becoming a top 3 PG is himself.

Westbrook has the physical talent. The problem is he's not a PG. He wasn't a PG at UCLA. Collison started all those years. Westbrook just doesn't know how to play. He makes bad decisions, takes shots away from better shooters, and he's selfish. The coaches and Durant really don't care for him, but the front office has his back.

Thread Information