Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oh come on!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    how can you blame him with all of the injures/inconsistencies there are on this team?
    That's bull. Carl Landry was solid until Williams started to limit his minutes. Kaman was also pretty decent until the last couple of rotations by Williams. The stretch where Williams played Squeaky over Vasquez is a crime. I have no problems with him shuffling some of the rotations due the injuries but some of his moves have been down right bad. It's very hard to limit turnovers when a different player is on the court every couple of days especially on the front court. There needs to be stability. Williams need to make up his mind on who's getting the bulk of the minutes in the front court. This Smith, Kaman, Landry shuffling project is down right killing the front court production and effectiveness.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    That's bull. Carl Landry was solid until Williams started to limit his minutes. Kaman was also pretty decent until the last couple of rotations by Williams. The stretch where Williams played Squeaky over Vasquez is a crime. I have no problems with him shuffling some of the rotations due the injuries but some of his moves have been down right bad. It's very hard to limit turnovers when a different player is on the court every couple of days especially on the front court. There needs to be stability. Williams need to make up his mind on who's getting the bulk of the minutes in the front court. This Smith, Kaman, Landry shuffling project is down right killing the front court production and effectiveness.
    carl landry and chris kaman are shooting a career worst fg% and in the last 4 games are a combined 14-54. now i dont know what basis monty is playing his guys but there are no gimmie's in the nba. you dont play good, you go to the bench. i really didnt even want to mention kaman's 33 turnovers in 14 games and horrible defense.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    carl landry and chris kaman are shooting a career worst fg% and in the last 4 games are a combined 14-54. now i dont know what basis monty is playing his guys but there are no gimmie's in the nba. you dont play good, you go to the bench. i really didnt even want to mention kaman's 33 turnovers in 14 games and horrible defense.
    You don't think Landry's play has anything to do with his recent sporadic minutes? It happens to be within the last 4 games. Kaman has always been turnover prone so I don't understand the issue if everyone and their mother knew this before hand. It's only been 14 games. You don't make these type of moves if they've only played a few bad games. They've played well before Williams started the stupid experiment and this is exactly what happened to players who don't get consistent minutes. They can't get into a rhythm and pace of the game and then they end up in a funk.

You keep defending Williams moves all you want but his rotations have been nothing short of horrible.

Ayon isn't having an issue playing sporadic, limited minutes. :v

Landry just needs to step his game up. He's not finishing at the rim, is out of control when he takes it into the paint, and is taking tough, contested jump shots. The open ones are a little long for him and he is clanking those, too. His rotations on defense have not been crisp, he is letting his man get too deep in the paint, and is not rebounding well.

He is not making shots on offense but it doesn't matter since coach is cool with you if your shot is off. However, Landry is getting sat because most of the mistakes he is making on defense can be corrected with effort. If you are not giving effort on either side of the ball, Monty's gonna sit yo *** down. All our other bigs are getting more minutes because they are giving more effort. Smith and Kaman suck at defense, but they are trying their best to do what the coaching staff is asking of them.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

landry should start full stop. He was extremely well at the start of the season. His production has only dropped ever since he started playing limited minutes. In fact, this season in games where he played over thirty minutes he has averaged 18 points and 7 rebounds
    THATS A PROVEN STARTER RIGHT THERE. give him minutes and he will give us great production

I think he's simply been out played by Jason Smith and Gustavo.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I think he's simply been out played by Jason Smith and Gustavo.
    that may very well be true but even if he was supposedly 'outplayed' during one or two games. Doesnt mean we should drop landry from the starting lineup/sixth man role and give him ten minutes per game. We should have faith in carl as he has proven that he can produce as a starter or sixth man with a startwrs minutes. Its also extremely obvious that landry is by far the better overall player in comparison to smith. Jason will be very inconsistent as a starter and would bring much less production than carl does. Jason smith definitwly suits the role of back up big man much better

Quote Originally Posted by NOH,LAL fan View Post
    landry should start full stop. He was extremely well at the start of the season. His production has only dropped ever since he started playing limited minutes. In fact, this season in games where he played over thirty minutes he has averaged 18 points and 7 rebounds
    THATS A PROVEN STARTER RIGHT THERE. give him minutes and he will give us great production
    Thats all well and good but im sure its been said about 1000x times on this forum that landry went to monty and asked him if he could come of the bench relinquishing his starting role which he was more then happy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh View Post
    Thats all well and good but im sure its been said about 1000x times on this forum that landry went to monty and asked him if he could come of the bench relinquishing his starting role w
    hich he was more then happy to do.
    very true. I should of cleared that up, what i was meant to say was that he could be a sixth man with starters minutes which would suit him very well. Im sure he deserves more than ten minutes per game lol

Thread Information