Pelicans Report

Thread: Grizzlies Preview (written by OilFisher96)

Blog Entries

Grizzlies Preview (written by OilFisher96)

This is my first real post as a blogger for this wonderful site. I hope you guys enjoy my blogs and more importantly let’s kick off with a win tonight. Please?

Now in anticipation for tonight’s matchup it’s only right that we look at the teams, hey?

First of all, your New Orleans Hornets. Sitting at the bottom of the Western Conference with a pitiful 3-10 record, a home game like this could be what we need to get started. The team has so far shown some good fight but poor execution has to be the main poison so far.

Sometimes, it’s like watching my school team play, and that’s being nice.

We were held to our lowest point total of the season on Monday night, scoring just 35 points in the first half on 39% shooting. We also turned the ball over 19 times. 19 times. A hugely disappointing stat within that is the fact that the Hornets shot 0-9 from behind the arc. Say we hit 5 of 9 instead; we would have won the game.

Admittedly, the Blazers weren’t at their best but I remember thinking to myself when the game was progressing: “We’ve got a real chance to win here”, but instead we are left to reflect on a standard loss to one of the leagues ‘better teams’. But what do we have to be optimistic about? Well not much to be brutally honest. Gordon is still out, as is Ariza, and Monty Williams has even admitted that the players aren’t taking it seriously and playing to their paycheck.

He said: "We've hit a funk. There's no denying that. But you have to continue to compete. We get to play basketball and we get paid. ... A lot of people would love to have our problems. ... You've got to keep fighting and value your occupation and take it seriously."

And in the other corner, the visiting Memphis Grizzlies. With a 6-6 record, the Grizzlies have struggled on the road with a 1-4 start away from the Fed. In some of those performances, the Grizzlies have been poor.

Like wow-I-can’t-believe-you-lot-made-it-to-the-conference-finals poor.

But they definitely weren’t poor on Monday night. Beating the Chicago Bulls at home by a score of 102-86, the Grizzlies looked damn brilliant. Sure, the Bulls were sloppy, tired etc. but the fact of the matter remains that they crushed one of the favourites for this year. Rudy Gay was on fire, scoring 24 points on 11-18 shooting, and Gasol was deadly adding 19 to the Grizzlies total.

They come to the Hive on the back of a 3-wins-out-of-4 home stand, in the last 3 games of which they had built double digit leads by half-time. Let’s face it; the Grizzlies are beginning to look like the team that graced our eyes last year.

Expect Memphis to continue their new-found momentum and pile more misery onto the seemingly stung Hornets.Attachment 3389

Prediction: HORNETS 84-97 GRIZZLIES

Discuss this blog entry in the forum

the playoffs are a pipedream at this point...therefore it is pretty much a meaningless game considering that it probably hurts our future outlook from a fans perspective...i would definitely prefer a playoff team that is a #8 seed over a lottery team..but again, playoffs are a pipedream at this point...and therefore, it is better to get high lottery picks rather than low ones or we will be stuck in the middle going nowhere with no hope, which is not what us fans want

I can hear those ping pong balls.

Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    I can hear those ping pong balls.
    yeah my point is I dont understand why some ppl on this board are making the statement, "we need to win this game"...no we don't...the playoffs were a pipedream after gordon got injured...and we are in a 3-10 hole that is impossible to climb out of which means there will be no must win games for the remainder of the season from a fans perspective...we just got to get through 53 more games...there is light at the end of the tunnel...the future is bright...just hang in there guys

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We just need to get better. That's all. Win or lose. Don't matter.

Blog Entries
    Not sure why this posted under my name. Will have that fixed tomorrow!
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    yeah my point is I dont understand why some ppl on this board are making the statement, "we need to win this game"...no we don't...the playoffs were a pipedream after gordon got injured...and we are in a 3-10 hole that is impossible to climb out of which means there will be no must win games for the remainder of the season from a fans perspective...we just got to get through 53 more games...there is light at the end of the tunnel...the future is bright...just hang in there guys
    I understand what you are saying and agree with you, but at no point in the article did I say we needed to win this game?

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    3-10 is hardly "impossible" to climb out of.
    No one likes to watch their team lose, especially to a division rival.
    Just some insight from a fans perspective lol.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OliFisher96 View Post
    I understand what you are saying and agree with you, but at no point in the article did I say we needed to win this game?
    I think he was just referring to people on the board in general.

Nice post, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by OliFisher96 View Post
    I wasn't referring to you...just my personal outlook on tonight's game and pretty much every game from this point on

for ex, the hornets won 18 games in 04-05 to tie with the bobcats...we both didn't end up with a top 3 pick in the lottery but we won a coin flip with them to decide who would pick first if that were the case and therefore we got the 4th pick and the bobcats the 5th...the difference between chris paul and raymond felton...if we win 19 games that season...just one more game to an already pitiful season, then we likely take felton in that draft and everything else changes.....does getting 19 wins make it any less of a pitiful season...just something to think about

Thread Information