Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: next year's FA crop?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Well I kind of see him as a Raymond Felton type. Good passer, and can score but probably shouldn't be more than the 3rd string scoring option. But I can see where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    he'd be a fan favorite no doubt. I just don't see him as a starter. a good solid career as a back up, I personally just dont see him as a starter
    i think DJ would be a great fit... he is averaging 15 and 7 on a HORRIBLE bobcats team and can hit the open 3 all day long and doesnt miss FTs ... with us he wouldnt be asked to score like he is for the cats so he can focus on distributing and hitting 3s when he needs to... Championship teams dont have the All-Star PG ... they have the efficient PG, the scorer, and solid BIGs ... sign DJ, draft BIGs and let the rebuild begin.

augustin is a terrible defender btw according to hollinger

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    augustin is a terrible defender btw according to hollinger
    good thing our coach teaches good defense

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim89 View Post
    good thing our coach teaches good defense
    he has been coached by larry brown already and now paul silas who i know coached pretty good d when he was the hornets coach

I love Augustin, he's the one player we may not have to overpay; but he can't hack the physical defense we want to play.
    Two players I wish we would consider are Nicholas Batum (25 min. per game );11.8 PPG 4.5 RPG while shooting 48% from the arc
    AND Boris Diaw (30 min. per game) 8.8 PPG 6.8 RPG and 4.8 APG ((without two quality PG's we may have to run some plays via a point-forward))

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I love Augustin, he's the one player we may not have to overpay; but he can't hack the physical defense we want to play.
    Two players I wish we would consider are Nicholas Batum (25 min. per game );11.8 PPG 4.5 RPG while shooting 48% from the arc
    AND Boris Diaw (30 min. per game) 8.8 PPG 6.8 RPG and 4.8 APG ((without two quality PG's we may have to run some plays via a point-forward))
    I wouldn't touch Borris Diaw with a ten foot pole. The guy is out of shape and has no passion for the game. Last I read, he had shot two free throws through out the whole year (number may have grown in the last couple of games). All he does is shoot the three.

I'm a firm believer that we will HAVE to sign a decent pg to go with Eric Gorden and our two draftees. If most agree that it's DJ, I can handle that but I think there are some other decent names out their next year .

Banned
    If we can pay DWILL, lets go after him hard. Then draft Thomas Robinson and Drummond. If Drummond stays in college, Draft Anothony Davis or Jared Sullinger.

MKG is also a option but I'd rather any of the above 4 over him.

What about Ian Mahinmi? He's a Demps product and they are saying he might take over the starting job in Dallas this season. He's a UFA next year and Dallas will supposedly be busy making plays for DWill and Howard.

If we have a shot at DWill, I would accept no substitutes. Having him and EG in the backcourt with two top five picks under the goal would give us a legitimate title shot in 2 to 3 years. Drummond or Davis plus MKG would put some fire into the organization!!

The Franchise    Contributor   

What about beabois? Dallas may have to deal him to clear space to make a run at both deron and Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    What about beabois? Dallas may have to deal him to clear space to make a run at both deron and Howard
    I'd love to get him here, but his salary is so low I don't think Dallas would just dump him for anything. They've been offered late lottery picks before for him, so I'm guessing they hang onto him unless they get an offer they can't refuse.
    Last edited by Kcazbarach; 01-17-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    What about Ian Mahinmi? He's a Demps product and they are saying he might take over the starting job in Dallas this season. He's a UFA next year and Dallas will supposedly be busy making plays for DWill and Howard.
    It's hard to tell. Mahinmi's salary is so low, it'd have to take a hefty offer for Dallas not to consider Matching (I know he's not restricted, but I'm saying Dallas might offer the exact deal-He shares the same agent with Beaubois). I could see them trying to retain him if they get Howard (they'll have to amnesty Haywood to get Howard anyways leaving back up c open), but I could also see them holding onto him regardless. We'd have to go hard and offer a deal Dallas wouldn't consider offering. (Mid level?). Mahinmi's young and his potential was the reason why Presti helped Buford (spurs gm) draft him.

Beaubios isn't a RFA until 2013/14 so thats a long time to wait.
    Mahinmi is a FA next year, so he would be worth chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcazbarach View Post
    We'd have to go hard and offer a deal Dallas wouldn't consider offering. (Mid level?).
    If he ends up the starter in Dallas and looks decent I'd offer him the mid level. If we're building around Gordon I don't think we have the time to wait on a young center from this draft to develop, even if it's someone with as much potential as Drummond.

Nobody likes Felton? I would like to try and get him or DJ or Jrue Holiday if Philly doesnt resign him, if we couldnt pull D-Will. Then I would like to get a backup SG for Gordon with either Louis Williams, Landry Fields, or Nick Young. Stick with Ariza, Summers, Aminu at the 3 and then at the 4 draft Robinson, resign Smith or Landry. and get Drummond

Possible Lineup.Pending who we resign at center and PF and SF

PG- D-Will/ Jack
    SG- EG/ Louis Williams/ Henry
    SF- Ariza/ Summer/ Aminu
    PF- Robinson/Smith
    C- Drummond/ Kaman or Oak

I don't particularly care for Felton; wish I could explain why but I just don't have confidence in him to setup the offense. We have Xavier for backup sg already, if he pans out.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Thread Information