Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: next year's FA crop?

The Franchise    Contributor   

next year's FA crop?

where is a good listing of next year's FA's a RFA's?
    We will likely have a lot of cap space, regardless of what we do with our own expirings, Gordon, amnesty, etc., we'll have room to make offers. Monty and Dell have a good rep among players, it seems, and ownership should be cleared up by then (shoot me if it's not...) and we've got some young talent and lottery selections. Not that we would be seriously considered by Williams and Howard- and what we will need is very TBD depending on what we moves we make this season and the draft, but until Gordon gets healthy I'm not thinking about this season at all, so I may as well think about next...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agents

That's a pretty thorough list.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12

not much, augustin, dragic are the only gettable ones that interest me, unless we could get d-will or dwight...there are some decent restricted FAs like gallinari and batum tho

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Ramon Sessions, D.J Augustine, Louis Williams, Javalle McGee, Nicolas Batum, Kevin Love and a couple of others would fit our bill perfectly, and we have the cap space to make a run for a couple of them, how ever, we might have to overpay which could be a terrible idea. We know where over paying to grab the free agent goes (Peja/Posey). So we try for them, but if we don't get them then worse things could happen.

cant the t-wolves match any offer for Love? if so i dont see why they wouldnt give him the max

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    cant the t-wolves match any offer for Love? if so i dont see why they wouldnt give him the max
    I don't either, but apparently Minnesota was dragging their feet and he told them they had until the 15 (which is today) to get him an extension offer. It's Minnesota so they don't need a good reason to do something stupid, but the only good reason I can think of for the delay is giving Adelman time to make roster assessments before committing a max deal to Love.

We know where over paying to grab the free agent goes (Peja/Posey).
    The difference here is Peja/Posey were declining vets, not young guys headed into their prime. It'd be more like overpaying Tyrus Thomas.
    Last edited by BP225; 01-15-2012 at 02:23 PM.

The only one in that list that I think is a good fit (skill/age/price) would be DJ. He is a pass-first guard that has been forced into more of a scoring role with the Cats. He is not all-star caliber, but he would help any team that doesn't already have an all-star point guard. I would really like him if we could get him for a reasonable price.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    The only one in that list that I think is a good fit (skill/age/price) would be DJ. He is a pass-first guard that has been forced into more of a scoring role with the Cats. He is not all-star caliber, but he would help any team that doesn't already have an all-star point guard. I would really like him if we could get him for a reasonable price.

Hes also from New Orleans. Automatic fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post

I agree about DJ - at the right price. But I also really like Gorgan Dragic, and I think he would be a perfect compliment to Gordon at the 1. Great shooter off the ball, and he is a pass-first guy who doesn't have to dominate the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    Hes also from New Orleans. Automatic fan favorite.
    I really don't care about that. He would be a perfect mid-level pick up. If we grabbed him, there wouldn't be a need for another point guard for quite a few years. Dragic looks too much like Vasquez to me. I don't think he can bring the consistency that would be needed every night.

Banned
    Eric Gordon/Dwight Howard/D.J Aug ---- Nba Championship

Quote Originally Posted by NO_Bound View Post
    Eric Gordon/Dwight Howard/D.J Aug ---- Nba Championship
    eric gordon, MKG, Dwight = championship

We will have a lot of money to play around with. The salary for our roster for next year is only $33.7 million in committed dollars, and that includes (Okafor, Ariza, Jack, Aminu, Henry, Vasquez, and Summers). Jason Smith's contract and Ayon's contract was not available on hoopshype:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_orleans.htm

So, theoretically, we can well afford to sign Gordon to a good sized contract, and we can still afford an All Star FA player like Dwight Howard (assuming he would come here to play with Gordon, and for the max deal we could offer him). Even still, we have the amnesty clause that we can use on Okafor should such a situation occur, and that would save us over $13 million in cap space next year.

Lots of options for Demps, so I am excited to see what he does.

DJ/Wroten
    EJ/Beli/Henry
    MKG/Aminu
    Love /Landry
    Drummond/Kaman/Ayon

^^Championship (Soon)

Quote Originally Posted by aussieNOHfan View Post
    DJ/Wroten
    EJ/Beli/Henry
    MKG/Aminu
    Love /Landry
    Drummond/Kaman/Ayon

^^Championship (Soon)
    Lets dump Love and Wroten and replace them with Anthony Davis. The atleast your lovely dream is plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Lets dump Love and Wroten and replace them with Anthony Davis. The atleast your lovely dream is plausible
    lol thats like 3 top 7 picks haha

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    We will have a lot of money to play around with. The salary for our roster for next year is only $33.7 million in committed dollars, and that includes (Okafor, Ariza, Jack, Aminu, Henry, Vasquez, and Summers). Jason Smith's contract and Ayon's contract was not available on hoopshype:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_orleans.htm

So, theoretically, we can well afford to sign Gordon to a good sized contract, and we can still afford an All Star FA player like Dwight Howard (assuming he would come here to play with Gordon, and for the max deal we could offer him). Even still, we have the amnesty clause that we can use on Okafor should such a situation occur, and that would save us over $13 million in cap space next year.

Lots of options for Demps, so I am excited to see what he does.
    Try

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_...rleans-hornets

This has the full salaries

Much as I'd love to speculate about how we could clear enough space for Howard and DWill, but Howard has EMPHATICLY has listed his locations - and we are not on the list

Sign DJ and draft BIG

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    DJ/Wroten
    EJ/Beli/Henry
    MKG/Aminu
    Love /Landry
    Drummond/Kaman/Ayon

^^Championship (Soon)
    You forgot Summers. Dude is playing better than aminu.

my bad

lol thats like 3 top 7 picks haha
    But it's still more likely than us getting Kevin Love in free agency.

come on. DJ? really? I don't see the PG answers among the FA class. who all is out there on teams with a glut at PG? I don't see Indy parting with one of theirs, they are too flexible. Clippers are going to have to make moves, but what are the odds we could be the ones that get Bledsoe after all? who else has too many? anybody?

the one FA I think has a chance at ending up somewhere unexpected is DWill, but I doubt it's us. he'll be wanting to be somewhere that is a little further along.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    come on. DJ? really? I don't see the PG answers among the FA class. who all is out there on teams with a glut at PG? I don't see Indy parting with one of theirs, they are too flexible. Clippers are going to have to make moves, but what are the odds we could be the ones that get Bledsoe after all? who else has too many? anybody?

the one FA I think has a chance at ending up somewhere unexpected is DWill, but I doubt it's us. he'll be wanting to be somewhere that is a little further along.
    Whats wrong with D.J? He can light it up, shoots a good 3, and is unselfish with the ball. I think he has a lot of potential. Would fit well into our system, especially Monty taught him to play above average D then he would be a player who could do everything. However the best part might be that he is a local guy that the fans can love. I know everyone scoffs at the Thornton lovers, but having a fan favorite can help the team.

he'd be a fan favorite no doubt. I just don't see him as a starter. a good solid career as a back up, I personally just dont see him as a starter

Thread Information