Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "THE SWARM" will be airing on WGSO 990 AM every Saturday from 12-2

With three guests, I think it was fine. I think keeping to 1 or 2 guests most of the time is good, because people like to yak, but 3 is good on special occasions like this.

Talk more about upcoming games, then talk about our guys in terms of matchups. Give people something to `watch for'. Than talk about one of those things next week.

Blog Entries
    "The Swarm" will be this Friday afternoon at 11 this week so not to coincide with UNO basketball, the Saints Game, a Hornets game, or Gerry V's show.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Couldn't find the latest episode on WGSO.com, am I doing something wrong?

Snackar du någon svenska förresten?

Would you want Jerebko as a hornet? I've never seen him play actually but he seems a little bit like a Monty type of player, lots of heart.

Blog Entries
    Jerebko is like my favorite non-Hornet, non-Bull ever. My mom is from Sweden, if that explains why. Unfrotunately he and Detroit are unlikely to split ways. They both are very happy.

There were two weeks the didn't air during Mardi Gras/because of Mardi Gras.

From now on it will be two hours.

I'm guest hosting this week. We'll be talking rebrand for most of the show, besides little updates on things and tangents.

We'll have guests from the Thunder and Wizards to talk about their rebrands.

Can we get a recap of this past Sunday's show? I was interested in hearing the news on Eric Gordon, but I couldn't tune in.

Suns bloggers confirmed for The Swarm tomorrow, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    Can we get a recap of this past Sunday's show? I was interested in hearing the news on Eric Gordon, but I couldn't tune in.
    You can download the podcast. It's just an mp3 you can pull to your computer or whatever.

I'll help you if you need it, no problem.

Last show I'm hosting for a bit, but it'll be an interesting one, to me at least. It'll be about Arenas and relocations around the NBA.

We'll be covering the improvements to the New Orleans Arena. and updates from Seattle, Sacramento, Oakland, Brooklyn, and Orlando at least.

Anyone have requests? Suggestions?

Very interested in the show this week. Definitely tuning in.

Not sure if your planning on doing this already, but do you think you could touch on the details of the Kings' lease and what the next steps are for them going forward? Chances of the NBA intervening?

Kings guy calling in for at least 2 segments.

One guy from Save Our Sonics.

Working on one special guest.

Updated roster:

Seattle
    Sacramento
    Golden State
    Brooklyn
    Orlando

Various arena issues and various states in the process, including the new standard in arenas.

Got some questions? Suggestions?

I know it's not the most exciting topic in the world, but Arenas are the most important part of this equation . . . we operated without an owner or a star, after all . . .

It's not a question, but I saw this documentary recently on youtube regarding Sacramento and its arena situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n5rkOb7dzc

It's lengthy, but poignant- it's hard not to feel sorry for Sac-town fans, particularly with the post-script twist. New Orleans fans would probably be able to empathise more than most..
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

It was good. The producer is the guy I had on the show.

http://wgso.com/?p=24356

He comes in around the 40m mark I think.

Also had a Sonicsgate guy on.

Let it never be said that you do not have impeccable research skills!

My favourite part was seeing the original owner risking death high above the crowd catching raindrops, while a young Charles Barkley looks on-never saw Shinn do anything like than for the Hornets. Why does the 1980s seem like so long ago?

Kudos on the show, great listening- you rock the radio!

Research is what I do, basically . . . I better be ok at it!

Thanks for listening. There was one of May 5th on rebrands (I think) you might enjoy downloading. I can give a link, but you can click around there and find that one too.

Joe will be back next week after my stint while he was in Vegas.

Got it and will give it a spin as well, danke.

It seems like a really bizarre stand-off in Sacramento- toying with fans' hearts like that, tsk tsk.

Let's just say your research skills are better than Shinn's ownership skills, or Diop's basketball skills.. they shine through in the quality of the show, so kudos again.

Agreed about Sacramento. The flood plain thing is a massive factor. Land acquisition is huge expense. Barclay's, "Warriors Arena," Amway Center all required (will require) massive infrastructure improvements. $100m for Oracle, way more for Barclay's. In Orlando, Amway Arena got demolished and the space can be used for something else, helping to offset the cost. In Sacramento, the land is basically useless. That's a huge factor.

When James said that, my heart sank.

I just hope the Maloofs get out.

Also, note that the NHL is having labor issues now (again). If those persist, that will stymie anything in Seattle, which affects the Maloffs and Sacramento. This could be the nail in their ownership coffin.

I still am unable to listen to the show live. Whether I go to the WGSO website or Tune In Radio it brings me to the same link that doesn't work. Is there some setting I need to change to be able to hear it?

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    I still am unable to listen to the show live. Whether I go to the WGSO website or Tune In Radio it brings me to the same link that doesn't work. Is there some setting I need to change to be able to hear it?
    It hangs sometime. I've been able to listen, so I know it's not a massive problem. People were having issues on day, and I noticed the comments in on the thread. I mentioned it to the producer, he made a call, and it got fixed.

Blog Entries
    The Swarm is on hiatus until late September or early October since nothing really happens before then.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    The Swarm is on hiatus until late September or early October since nothing really happens before then.
    Booo.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    The Swarm should be on all summer Joe.Thats how you get better as a Talk Show Host,create topics and expand your talk game just like players have to.One must constantly "work the pipes" and keep tweaking the show.Endless amount of topics to discuss....bring the show back! Take a break ( vacation) but,tap into your potential to polish your game. you'll be the better for it.
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

Agree with Gerry.

Push through.

Thread Information