Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: CONCEPT81: Krewe of New Orleans Uniform (MY FINAL DRAFT)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Here it is in black and gold.

I like these better than the cliche Mardi Gras color unis. I just like black and gold period. I always thought the Saints had the best looking unis b/c of the color combo.

absolutely love both, but think I'd still go w/ the mardi gras colors
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    NemisisKing....not from NOLA, I'm guessing?

Born and raised nsfw, mid-city to gentilly. The fact is they threw out a few gimmicks and figured that's all it would take to appeal to fans in new orleans. Sorry I support the team because I like the sport, I over look the loud colors and cartoonish vibe that the team has. It's time to erase charlotte from this team and the previous owner and his attempt to appeal to new Orleans without fully leaving behind charlotte.

Any way, I take it that's solidified things for you when they put the nola trumpet and the fleur de bee on the jersey and court, they really were trying to connect with that, things like that were not what was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    lame and predictable? Would you prefer a screaming skull on fire? or perhaps a unicorn jumping through the air with rainbows coming out its butt? Bad *** Pirate Ok? Mardi Gras Colors not?? hrm.....
    You have jokes, corny but atleast you tried. I just mean something serious, not a design from the women's euro league.

i think they would look good with the name HORNETS on them. black and gold for our HORNETS is a bad idea. they need their own identity those colors are SAINTS colors
    If Wayne is E.T.-ish tell him phone home

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaqmoon View Post
    i think they would look good with the name HORNETS on them. black and gold for our HORNETS is a bad idea. they need their own identity those colors are SAINTS colors
    Hornets name is tainted, can have a rebrand and start fresh. Fantastic work Bigdub, as a side note the Hornets have been using the word Krewe a bit lately - it really has become my favourite option if we were to rebrand.

My one complaint about the name krewe, and it is minor but still - our initials would change from NOH to NOK
    Last edited by RyanM; 12-22-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    That is BRILLIANT. Would purchase.

Totally agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelos View Post
    Totally agree with this.
    why comment if you arent even for a rebrand?

The Artist    Contributor   
    Here is a gold alternate of the black and gold set...

I like the white color better. The Gold jersey reminds me too much of Purdue. Giving me NCAA vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    Hornets name is tainted, can have a rebrand and start fresh. Fantastic work Bigdub, as a side note the Hornets have been using the word Krewe a bit lately - it really has become my favourite option if we were to rebrand.

My one complaint about the name krewe, and it is minor but still - our initials would change from NOH to NOK
    well IMO winning cures all because before the Brees and Payton who wanted to be associated with the Saints? now its who doesnt want to be associated with them, the same can be done with the Hornets. i really think its people on hornetsreport that feel its tainted and want that rebrand.

I like the Black and Gold, but I think we ought to keep the colors distinct from those of the Saints. The Hornets/Krewe ought to have its own identity, and I think different colors would enable that.

Quote Originally Posted by xulapaul View Post
    I like the Black and Gold, but I think we ought to keep the colors distinct from those of the Saints. The Hornets/Krewe ought to have its own identity, and I think different colors would enable that.
    this man gets it

what other sports teams share colors? lol
    Last edited by Blaqmoon; 12-22-2011 at 04:24 PM.

The Franchise
    well IMO winning cures all because before the Brees and Payton who wanted to be associated with the Saints? now its who doesnt want to be associated with them, the same can be done with the Hornets. i really think its people on hornetsreport that feel its tainted and want that rebrand.
    You know we can have both, a rebrand and putting a good team on the court. In fact if both are done at the same it can be quite profitable for the Hornets, as jersey sales will increase hugely. Rebrand and a winning team, fans will rush to get the jerseys because noone will have a Krewe jersey.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    this man gets it

what other sports teams share colors? lol
    Pittsburgh....

Originally Posted by xulapaul

this man gets it
    One of the main reasons that I decided against using those colors in the first place. My colors of p-g-g are final. I did this mock-up just for those who wanted to see what they would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Pittsburgh....
    this

Quote Originally Posted by TheBEEZkneez View Post
    maybe because he has an opinion

I have thousands of colors in the program that I use! Since the concept is set, I wouldn't mind throwing up a few color changes for those of you interested. That's why I asked in my other post, what colors outside of purple, green, gold / black and gold, do you think has revelance to NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBEEZkneez View Post
    Because I can and I will and I am grown *** man. Everyone is entitle to their own opinions and I don't have to agree with the majority to post comments on Hornets Report. Any other questions? I may not like the idea of rebranding but I like those jersey designs...Well except for the Saints colored ones.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    I have thousands of colors in the program that I use! Since the concept is set, I wouldn't mind throwing up a few color changes for those of you interested. That's why I asked in my other post, what colors outside of purple, green, gold / black and gold, do you think has revelance to NOLA.
    Its fantastic, very relevant to NOLA. I would like to see the Alternate Gold Jersey slightly brighter gold with the Green Purple colours down the side - might not work, but hay

Dont like the gold/black reminds me too much of the Saints and im a Panthers fan -.-
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Pittsburgh....
    that is true big difference between them and us is each one of those teams have won championships and have their own identity. you really think that the hornets, the krewe or whatever changed the colors to black and gold people wouldnt associate them with the saints? they were saying HOOP DAT last year and that was lame. just stating MY opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    http://splicd.com/wMEq1mGpP5A/93/95

Thread Information