Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: CONCEPT81: Krewe of New Orleans Uniform (MY FINAL DRAFT)

I cant see it!! This sucks!

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    looks awesome. i personally prefer Brass or Bucs to Krewe but your design is great.

That White Uni is sick

I respect the work you put in, nut I'm not into the krewe, the Mardi gras color scheme, any name or mascot that has to do with music, food or mardi gras. Those ideas are lame and predictable and the colors no mater how you put it together are not appealing to the eye and it looks minor league.

Either you change the name to the bucs with the colors scheme and all, maybe alter the pirate, maybe even skull and bones.
    If you're gonna do it, make it bad ***.

If you keep the hornets as a name, actually change everything else and actually use a real hornets color pattern as our colors, change the court and put this serious give hornet at center court.

But this whole throw nola, fluer de lis, and mardi gras on something and its naturally nawlins is crazy and disrespectful to new orleanians if they think that's all it was.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    I respect the work you put in, but I'm not into the krewe, the Mardi gras color scheme, any name or mascot that has to do with music, food or mardi gras. Those ideas are lame and predictable and the colors no mater how you put it together are not appealing to the eye and it looks minor league.
    But this whole throw nola, fluer de lis, and mardi gras on something and its naturally nawlins is crazy and disrespectful to new orleanians if they think that's all it was.
    lame and predictable? Would you prefer a screaming skull on fire? or perhaps a unicorn jumping through the air with rainbows coming out its butt? Bad *** Pirate Ok? Mardi Gras Colors not?? hrm.....

In any case i don't see (imho) how we can rebrand after the team has already been here so long. If we were to rebrand it should have been done when we moved.
    Now i am not against a re-brand/re-image i just don't see it happening.

BTW. GOOD WORK AS ALWAYS BIG DUB! YOU "MADE IT HAPPEN"... again ...

Yeah Buddy. I love this. MAKE IT HAPPEN NEW OWNER GUY
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    I respect the work you put in, nut I'm not into the krewe, the Mardi gras color scheme, any name or mascot that has to do with music, food or mardi gras. Those ideas are lame and predictable and the colors no mater how you put it together are not appealing to the eye and it looks minor league.

Either you change the name to the bucs with the colors scheme and all, maybe alter the pirate, maybe even skull and bones.
    If you're gonna do it, make it bad ***.

If you keep the hornets as a name, actually change everything else and actually use a real hornets color pattern as our colors, change the court and put this serious give hornet at center court.

But this whole throw nola, fluer de lis, and mardi gras on something and its naturally nawlins is crazy and disrespectful to new orleanians if they think that's all it was
    NemisisKing....not from NOLA, I'm guessing?

Love the colors and fonts on the unis. Not too high on the Krewe nickname, but it could grow on me, I guess. These unis look sharp. Something about that color scheme really stands out.

need to ditch the Purple. They look cool, but look way too much like the Jazz. Would prefer Black and Gold...there aren't any other teams wearing that in the NBA and Black and Gold is as much New Orleans as the mardi gras colors.

Quote Originally Posted by saints5021 View Post
    need to ditch the Purple. They look cool, but look way too much like the Jazz. Would prefer Black and Gold...there aren't any other teams wearing that in the NBA and Black and Gold is as much New Orleans as the mardi gras colors.
    I'd love black and gold, and you know New Orleanians would get behind that for sure. I almost wish we could be like European leagues, which have a FC Barcelona and Real Madrid for both basketball and soccer. The New Orleans Saints football team, the New Orleans Saints basketball team. People would probably get confused though...

I'm pretty critical of things like this, but this looks GREAT. I also prefer Krewe over all of the other team names suggested.
    Last edited by All Metro; 12-22-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Maybe on the away jersey you can make a green background with the pattern on the side?

BigDub...can I know you have done several other concepts for other names. Would you mind putting them up for comparison sake?

"Krewe" is a great idea. Consider the following points. 1) It's hip to spell "c" words with a "k," and that makes this a hip choice. 2) The obvious (and not so obvious): it's very New Orleans, and yet most people around the country have never heard the term "krewe." 3) A Mardi Gras krewe is a team (of sorts), which makes it a great team name. 4) It's a very repeatable word, a single syllable word that starts with a consonant. Since "New Orleans" is two words (and multiple syllables, how many depends on how you say it), I think it sounds terrific to have a single-syllable mascot name.

Quote Originally Posted by xulapaul View Post
    "Krewe" is a great idea. Consider the following points. 1) It's hip to spell "c" words with a "k," and that makes this a hip choice. 2) The obvious (and not so obvious): it's very New Orleans, and yet most people around the country have never heard the term "krewe." 3) A Mardi Gras krewe is a team (of sorts), which makes it a great team name. 4) It's a very repeatable word, a single syllable word that starts with a consonant. Since "New Orleans" is two words (and multiple syllables, how many depends on how you say it), I think it sounds terrific to have a single-syllable mascot name.
    Completely agree, would be the coolest nickname in the NBA immediately, and it would certainly please plenty fans. But, hey, what do I know, I've just been here for this team from the start...
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

The Artist    Contributor   
    really great job as always man. love the side striping designs and also how you didn't totally abandon the teal, it works well as an accent. my only thing that i don't love is the logo with the crescent and the music note, it just doesn't have the right feel for me
    Thanks for the compliments and btw, it is actually more green than teal. It was a peeve of others the last time I posted this concept. And I'm sorry you don't like the 'crescent note' so much, it's my favorite since it seems to go along with the NOLA/Trumpet logo the team uses on the back of their shorts. Crescent moon > Crescent City, Basketball > Team, Music Note > Jazz Nod + Trumpet logo.

I would like to see what gold pin stripes on the white jersey would look like.
    For the sake of those who are dead set against a re-brand of any sort, I tried to incorporate pinstripes into this design. They didn't work for me for two main reasons. 1) They would have no tie-in to NOLA and some might still see it as a refrence to Charlotte. 2) Because of the detail in the side panels and triple layering of the name/numbers, it made the jersey too 'busy' IMO. On the other hand though, I did try a nice little sneek in of using a ghost pinstripe, same as what the NFL Patriots used back in the mid 90's. The stripes were actually tiny circles made out to form a bead, that wouldn't clash with the primary look of the design, but when you would see them up close you would notice.

As a longtime hornets fan, I've alway been against a rebrand, but the time might be ripe and this is a very nice design. I just don't like the name that much, I really prefered the New Orleans Brass (or does that team already exist ).
    I toyed with the two names over and over again. Even though the Brass used the same color scheme, I didn't use it because it had already been done. Not saying that I couldn't use it again, I just thought that Krewe was more of a unique name than the Brass. Another issue I had was if the league would allow the team to use that name in case they thought it was too close to infringin upon the Jazz.

The Jazz didn't actually go complete retro with their "update" last year. They didn't bring back purple into their scheme, the elected to keep navy blue, green, gold and they added silver! As for the black and gold. You are correct in that they're are no teams currently using that color scheme. Would it work with the Hornets name? Yeah, but I don't want that name anymore. But I did use it as a Brass concept, the only trouble I had was applying just two colors to a three color logo. I mean it could be done, but it just didn't look right. I will post that concept after I toy with adding a third color.

Maybe on the away jersey you can make a green background with the pattern on the side?
    I could but it clashes horribly against that much gold! I even tried white but then I realized that the damn Jazz use a white base so I kept it purple. If you really want to see what it looks like, I'll post one for you later today.

BigDub...can I know you have done several other concepts for other names. Would you mind putting them up for comparison sake?
    Sorry, but I deleted a bunch of them as I was redoing this concept. I still have a few bits and pieces so I'll see what I can post. The only other concept that I did in full was the Pelicans which I still have. The other was the VooDoo but I scrapped that one when the AFL team came back.

Those jersey are nice but the nickname Krewe is wack.

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar
    I promise that if I become owner I will implement this and also have Bigdub81 sing the national anthem at all games both home and away.
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

I promise that if I become owner I will implement this and also have Bigdub81 sing the national anthem at all games both home and away.
    Hey as long as you pay for the hotel and food at the away games, you got yourself a deal!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Great job man! I was one of the few that never liked the Mardi Gras unis (the two colors on the front and the back never did it for me) but I always supported rebrand talks. But should those be our uniforms, I would be extremely happy! I especially like the whit unis, with the gold on the outside! Thise just work for me. The purple are great too though. So good job bro, and please let our new owner(s?) Be viewing this!

Here it is in black and gold.

I kind of like the Black n Gold better.

Wow. I'm actually kind of surprised how well it looks in black and gold! I didn't think I'd like that version. I'd be good with either direction!

bigdub, can you make a gold alternate jersey to go with the Black n Gold scheme?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Here it is in black and gold.

I may like these look wise even better than the first not sure, however I would feel like we were trying to mooch success from the Saints imstead of trying to find our own identity. But I still love the design.

Thread Information