Pelicans Report

Thread: Per Yahoo Sports, Monty/Dell have "good chance' to be part of franchise's future

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar

Per Yahoo Sports, Monty/Dell have "good chance' to be part of franchise's future

Benson's buying of Hornets expected to give GM Demps and coach Williams good chances to be part of franchise's future, league sources say.

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

Thank goodness!!

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Excellent. I think Benson has proven with the Saints he knows good management employees when he sees them. Go with what's worked, get a strong FO (which the Hornets have) and let them do their work.

If Williams is truly a part of their future, they'll have to lock him up before he hits the market.

Benson is a great businessman. He doesn't know much about sports, so he let's his guys run everything - which is great, because otherwise, you are left with idiots like Mark Cuban and Jerry Jones running things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    If Williams is truly a part of their future, they'll have to lock him up before he hits the market.
    I would think if they continue to perform well they'd get extensions during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Benson is a great businessman. He doesn't know much about sports, so he let's his guys run everything - which is great, because otherwise, you are left with idiots like Mark Cuban and Jerry Jones running things.
    yes the same Cuban that put together 11-50 win seasons.

Got a title, and refs robbed that dallas club in 06. definitely an idiot.

BTW really shouldn't lump Cuban with Jerry Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcazbarach View Post

That isn't a concern. He's building his empire in New Orleans. As the sole owner, Relocation isn't an issue whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    That isn't a concern. He's building his empire in New Orleans. As the sole owner, Relocation isn't an issue whatsoever.
    i was just responding to his claims that Cuban is an idiot running the mavs.

Responded to another thread. O.o

Yeah, the same Cuban who has the deepest pockets in the NBA. Let's be honest, he didn't assemble a good team on a short budget. He bought his championship with one of the highest payrolls in the league - same for the Lakers, same for the Celtics. That's the problem with the NBA. Hopefully, the new CBA changes all that.

Cuban, however, only gets an award for having the deepest pockets.

Yeah, the same Cuban who has the deepest pockets in the NBA. Let's be honest, he didn't assemble a good team on a short budget. He bought his championship with one of the highest payrolls in the league - same for the Lakers, same for the Celtics. That's the problem with the NBA. Hopefully, the new CBA changes all that.

Cuban, however, only gets an award for having the deepest pockets.
    buying championships?

Or drafting a top 5 pf in Dirk and building around him. Knicks had the highest payroll for years and were continually lottery teams.

I guarantee you'd be all over his jock if he was our owner.

buying championships?

Or drafting a top 5 pf in Dirk and building around him. Knicks had the highest payroll for years and were continually lottery teams.

I guarantee you'd be all over his jock if he was our owner.
    You don't know anything about me, so how could you possibly to make such a guarantee? Just curious...

And yes. He bought his championship, which is cool because, hey, everyone else was doing it. Hopefully, though, all that changes.

You don't know anything about me, so how could you possibly to make such a guarantee? Just curious...

And yes. He bought his championship, which is cool because, hey, everyone else was doing it. Hopefully, though, all that changes.

I'm sure in the future there'll be an asterisk by the mavs title saying *bought championship*

If Benson wants to buy the Hornets a championship, I wouldn't mind one bit.
    asdfghjkl;'

Guess what, no matter what the CBA is, the higher the payroll for a team, the better chance they have to win a championship. Cuban is a good owner, IMO. He doesn't get attached to specific players and always seems to do what is best for his team. I personally dislike him because he represents a Dallas team, but whatever. He is a model owner, IMO.

Thread Information