Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stern on Cowterd {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySunday View Post
    I don't get why the talking heads are so against New Orleans having a team its truly mind boggling.
    Strife and turmoil gives these guys something to talk about endlessly until the NEXT "hot" topic happens...and they all talk and sound the same.

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    David Stern is a great owner and advocate of the city.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Why do people expect anything different from Cowherd? He's a shock jock. He's actually a very good one since his schtick is obviously working/inciting people to talking/post about him.

I don't even know who Cowherd is...

I think that says enough.
    I like basketball

Twitter: @jsgrayson

Changes are on the way Pasta Man's Avatar
    Cowherd is still sour about losing his home team the Sonics
    NOLA Gothic

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Hilarious.

What do those *******s have against New Orleans? Like us having two pro teams is somehow demeaning to their big market egos.
    It is, Eman. It is.

We've got it good, Katrina and all. That's why we're back and hanging it all out, storms be damned. Juke and jive.

They can't stand it because they can't. Not New Yorkers as a whole, just the wusses blathering on.

Pathetic. Alpha Betas and Tri-Lams would both reject most of them.

No on 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Tip-Off View Post
    Strife and turmoil gives these guys something to talk about endlessly until the NEXT "hot" topic happens...and they all talk and sound the same.
    But you would think having more teams long term vs contraction would help there bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    He hates small markets. But, what kind of league would it be with 5 or 6 big market teams. You leave out 90% of country.
    I couldn't agree more. Small markets are more supportive and enthusiastic about their pro teams than most larger markets. Teams like the Saints,Packers,Sabres and Cardinals(MLB) give their communities a sense of pride. Look at the World Series. I don't think that the Rangers or the Cardinals would've gotten better support if they had been in much larger cities. When the NFL was founded in 1920 the only team in a major market was the Chicago Cardinals. The Staleys didn't move to Chicago and become the bears until sometime after. Colin Cowherd is just a jerk who needs to get a real job.

Colin : Blah, blah, USC, blah, Pete Carroll, Blah, blah, Kobe, Blah, Anaheim Angels, Blah, Blah, P-90X, Blah,...thats the whole show

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beeswax View Post
    Colin : Blah, blah, USC, blah, Pete Carroll, Blah, blah, Kobe, Blah, Anaheim Angels, Blah, Blah, P-90X, Blah,...thats the whole show
    you forgot tony romo and eli manning

Has been on a real kick lately trying to tell everyone how good Tony Romo is, and with every new argument he moves further and further from respectability.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's old, but I'll be damned if this GETS old. "I accept your apology." Stern might be a bit of a snake, but he's a snake that's on our side, for whatever reason.

We already had a thread about this....
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Rookie
    New Orleans (Currently in Jacksonville, FL)
    Quote Originally Posted by beeswax View Post
    And Tiger Woods.

And by the way, Cowherd, the Jacksonville Jaguars are NOT going anywhere either. Get that through your head.

Thread Information