Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stern on Cowterd {merged}

Cowherd is a shock jock. He says things to get a rise out of people. Or at least he did when I tried to listen to him a few years ago. Couldn't handle his pro big market/pro New York-Boston-L.A. attitude. From the looks of it, he still does it. I love that Stern put him in his place.

Also, didn't Cowherd come from Seattle? Maybe a bit bitter about the Sonics leaving and angling to push Stern to move the Hornets to the Pacific Northwest. Again, I admit, I haven't listened to him in years, so I don't know how he handled the Sonics moving to OKC, or how he feels about Seattle. It was just a thought.

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    "Do you want to be confused with facts?" #burn

Quote Originally Posted by triplela View Post
    Cowherd is a shock jock. He says things to get a rise out of people. Or at least he did when I tried to listen to him a few years ago. Couldn't handle his pro big market/pro New York-Boston-L.A. attitude. From the looks of it, he still does it. I love that Stern put him in his place.

Also, didn't Cowherd come from Seattle? Maybe a bit bitter about the Sonics leaving and angling to push Stern to move the Hornets to the Pacific Northwest. Again, I admit, I haven't listened to him in years, so I don't know how he handled the Sonics moving to OKC, or how he feels about Seattle. It was just a thought.
    Yes, this definitely describes him. He says he'd like to get rid of at least 40 teams in pro-sports.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I love David Stern.

I don't get why the talking heads are so against New Orleans having a team its truly mind boggling.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    This is awesome. Geaux Stern

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySunday View Post
    I don't get why the talking heads are so against New Orleans having a team its truly mind boggling.
    Yeah, not sure what we ever did to them.

@DatPurpleHornet

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    I think the all-star game held here is what changed his opinion of NO.
    I agree. If Stern had his way, I think he would put New Orleans in constant rotation like the NFL finds a way to do.

I am not a Stern or Cowherd fan, but I am glad the lessor of two evils put the other clown in his place. Cowherd is the same idiot that said the Heat were going to sign Nene.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Rookie
    I have a whole new respect for David Stern. WWL should play the entire interview for the citizens of New Orleans to hear and the Times Picayune should print the transcript on the front page. It was a real pleasure to hear David Stern calmly and eloquently back up the City of New Orleans and the Hornets with facts and figures. Cowherd was totally out of his leauge and was exposed for the amatuer that he is. David Stern thanks for setting the record straight you are a class act!!!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Good god, I'm not a Stern fan but bravo sir.

cowTURD is a TOOL!!!!

Stern just gained A LOT of respect from me for that interview.

FACTS Colin CowTurd FACTS. Quit spewing your garbage. It's idiots like him that give us a bad wrap to the rest of the nation.

RABBLE RABBLE!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Man Cowherd is such a dbag.

But whoever it was that called him a shocker is right. All he does is provoke and prod (he even said thats what he does) to see what response he can get. Stern handled it perfectly!

Thanks Stern!

This interview is very money.

Stern puts Collin in his place on several comments. Collin brought up the Dwight Howard trade, and how the NBA would take to that, and Stern says "we don't own the Magic. Thats up to them."

Stern "I don't listen to your show so I don't know what the problem has been with the Hornets trade."

Stern "The problem with your sources and the NBA is that, the NBA is on the record of saying how things happened, your source acts under anonymity so their credibility is not brought into public eye. We can get attatcked but they can't."

Stern "I hope your listeners are listening to this. Your source is saying what we have been saying."

Stern "Why don't you tell the people in New Orleans and other new NBA teams that we are already looking for their next market to move to."

Stern "Its not fair for people like you to have say if we should move the hornets."

Stern "First it was about moving them to a different market, now its about contraction? What do you want to talk about? In a shortened season we should not be talking about contraction, and if you want to talk more about it let me know further in advance."

Stern "I am trying to add facts. We will have to do this again, and let me bring you numbers."

Stern "Collin, you have so many pairs of balls in your mouth, I don't know how you can talk."

I enjoyed the interview. Stern wouldnt let Cowherd talk.

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    "I accept your apology. Now, let's move on"

LOL

David Stern was one of the top Wallstreet lawyers in the country before taking over as commissioner. He can handle his own.

One of the reasons why this franchise badly needs a total makeover when the new owner takes over.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    David Stern you absolute boss.

I love how David Stern tells Cowherd to get his facts straight.

Just finished listening to the interview. Wow, Stern completely owned Cowherd.

Haha, I got a response from Cowherd's twitter without mentioning him.

everydayraby - I think my favorite moment of the sports day was David Stern absolutely tooling Cowherd. Make him look like a damn fool.

HerdonESPNRadio - @everydayraby thanks for listening!

Must be a bot, but it's still pretty funny.

love it... haha soo good

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Haha, I got a response from Cowherd's twitter without mentioning him.

everydayraby - I think my favorite moment of the sports day was David Stern absolutely tooling Cowherd. Make him look like a damn fool.

HerdonESPNRadio - @everydayraby thanks for listening!

Must be a bot, but it's still pretty funny.
    He has more followers on ESPN_Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    He has more followers on ESPN_Colin.
    My guess is that the ESPN_Colin is his own account and the one that responded to me is the radio show's account. It's probably run by an intern or production assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by B504ever View Post
    I love how David Stern tells Cowherd to get his facts straight.

Cowherd has all his facts straight. However, as directed by ESPN, and in the interest of "large affiliates", Cowherd is not required to care about or even acknowledge facts.

There will be simply more factless goons in L.A./Houston/ N.Y. on Cowherd's side than people in New Orleans on Stern's side.
    Last edited by luckyman; 12-21-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Wow, that was classic...

Thread Information