Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would you listen to offers for Minny 1st rounder?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Tolerable in the sense of giving up the draft pick. I would do it because he's established. Not a franchise player, but a very good player.

Lopez isn't neither.
    I agree, not a franchise player (look at the t wolves afterall), but definitely a FINE building block. To get Kevin Love and still have a pickfor the upcoming draft would be a dream come true.

Why in the world would Minnesota would to trade back for their own 1st round pick if they think they'll be good? It makes no sense. I don't think I've ever seen any team trade away their pick and then trade to get it back.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Why in the world would Minnesota would to trade back for their own 1st round pick if they think they'll be good? It makes no sense. I don't think I've ever seen any team trade away their pick and then trade to get it back.
    I think any hypothetical draft pick trade would have to be a draft day deal for this reason
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    I think any hypothetical draft pick trade would have to be a draft day deal for this reason
    And considering the strength in this draft are forwards, I doubt there are any guys on the board outside of the top 3 pick that the wolves would deal Love for. And if we land a top 3 pick, I don't see the Hornets trading the pick away.

Now that we are 1/4 through the season instead of 0/4, how are we looking on this pick?

What was its value? What is its value? What will its value be?

I know I placed a value on it in here and it seems that would have been a good deal I'm not sure we could get today: Rubio and Love. How about tomorrow?

Rubio and Williams was mentioned as just rightsaying and toothe low. How about that?

Would anybody trade Kaman, Jack and one of the firsts for Rondo and Jermain O'Neal? Saw Boston fans discussing it on some forum.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 01-25-2012 at 08:07 AM.

What bar were they drinking in? Sounds like a killer joint.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Now that we are 1/4 through the season instead of 0/4, how are we looking on this pick?
    I think their pick stays in the 8-12 range. If it's 8 and the fix is in the pick could be top 3. If it's 12 you miss out on the sure starters but there are still worthwhile guys to draft. I don't think it's a very tradeable asset. Assuming the Hornets are able to draft one of the "sure thing" PFs with their pick the Minnesota pick would be good to take a chance on a high upside guy like Quincy Miller. I don't see how a trade gets us a better prospect than the 8-12 pick, and the only other thing we want besides prospects to rebuild with is moving Okafor's contract and there aren't too many scenarios I can think of where trading Okafor and the pick gets us a reasonable return.

So maybe we should have shopped it? And Love and Williams too high? Not too low?

Packaging it could work but I'm not sure we want to dump Okafor now. Maybe we do. It's worthy of consideration.

Also, forget about the fix. There is no evidence of such a thing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Would anybody trade Kaman, Jack and one of the firsts for Rondo and Jermain O'Neal? Saw Boston fans discussing it on some forum.
    So we traded a leaving Chris Paul and Jarett Jack for Rajon Rondo, Eric Gordon, Aminu and Jermaine O'Neil. Yeah, that works for me.

So maybe we should have shopped it?
    Rubio's good play hasn't helped, but I think the value of the pick changed when Adelman took the job. By the time we got the pick it had already been devalued so shopping it immediately probably wouldn't have gotten much more than shopping now.

So maybe we should have shopped it? And Love and Williams too high? Not too low?

Packaging it could work but I'm not sure we want to dump Okafor now. Maybe we do. It's worthy of consideration.

Also, forget about the fix. There is no evidence of such a thing.
    I'm confused. Are you saying we could have shopped the pick for Love and Williams?

Why the constant mention on Love with this pick shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    I'm confused. Are you saying we could have shopped the pick for Love and Williams?

Why the constant mention on Love with this pick shopping?
    This was an old mention. I was resurrecting the coversation from a month ago to see what we thought then compared to think now.

Trying to get Love is a fool's errand for us, in my opinion, and I'm pro-keeping-the-pick, but I figured others would have other opinions.

What bar were they drinking in? Sounds like a killer joint.
    The guys logic was that with Jack/ Allen/Pierce/KG/Kaman they could still make a run in the playoffs this year, with Kaman and a couple of their players( I think KG but don't quote me) expiring they could make a bang in free agency (he said go after Dwight/Deron but I dont really buy that) and with the Minny pick they would have 4 picks in next years draft and either build from there or try and trade up with them. I think they way overvalue Jack, but in all honesty, he made decent points.

I mean why would the Hornets do it?

I see it as an unqualified step. Maybe without our pick or their 'worst' one coming our way. Long terms, it hurts us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    So we traded a leaving Chris Paul and Jarett Jack for Rajon Rondo, Eric Gordon, Aminu and Jermaine O'Neil. Yeah, that works for me.
    i would definetly make this trade

rondo
    gordon
    ariza
    landry
    drummond

sounds like a nice team to me

I see it as an unqualified step. Maybe without our pick or their 'worst' one coming our way. Long terms, it hurts us.
    Just so you know. Your not alone. I don't see the why the hornets would want to do that.

You really wouldn't want to pair Gordon with Rondo?

Those two guys with their defensive talents under Monty's defensive schemes and coaching? Opposing guards wouldn't make it past the 3-point line.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    You really wouldn't want to pair Gordon with Rondo?

Those two guys with their defensive talents under Monty's defensive schemes and coaching? Opposing guards wouldn't make it past the 3-point line.
    People overrate Rondo on this board. It's my opinion but i wouldn't do it. The only way I would do it would be if we could top 10 protect the pick we sent.

I'd trade the pick and Okafor for Derrick Williams. He was the #2 pick last year and maybe should have been the #1 pick. I'm not sure who this year in college is better than Williams was last year, or further more who would be better as a rookie than Williams as a 2nd year player.

Being able to get rid of Okafor would seal it for me.

Also... no way Wolves are trading Rubio. It's not happening.

Minnesota is the 10th seed right now and i dont see them leapfrogging the more established West teams. Keep the pick unless we are bombarded with an overwhelming offer.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    People overrate Rondo on this board. It's my opinion but i wouldn't do it. The only way I would do it would be if we could top 10 protect the pick we sent.
    I hear you, but if Rondo was paired up with Gordon, Rajon wouldn't have to be "THE MAN" like he would have had he come alone in a CP3 deal.

He could just play stellar defense and distribute on offense.

That is correct. I don't want Rondo's deal going forward. I think we will have better options overall for the next 2 summers, and I want Dell to have his shot so we can see if he's legit or not. He's shown great promise, but we need to see him build, not manuver. Any deal like Rondo's going with Gordon and Okafor hurts that.

Next stop: Okafor. This summer or next season.

Quote Originally Posted by maingee View Post
    I'd trade the pick and Okafor for Derrick Williams. He was the #2 pick last year and maybe should have been the #1 pick. I'm not sure who this year in college is better than Williams was last year, or further more who would be better as a rookie than Williams as a 2nd year player.

Being able to get rid of Okafor would seal it for me.

Also... no way Wolves are trading Rubio. It's not happening.

I like Williams but there would be like 3-4 players that would go before him in this draft. Drummond, Davis, Lamb, Barnes. I would rather all 4 of those. Not in that order.

Most definitely I would trade one of the picks along with contract filler like Okafor,kaman, or Ariza to get a pg like Rondo. Jack is nice, but if I had a chance to get a pg like Rondo and pair him with EG that your backcourt for the next decade potentially.

Thread Information