Pelicans Report

Thread: Our Guys, Their Guys, Some Other Guy, but Not That Guy

Our Guys, Their Guys, Some Other Guy, but Not That Guy

Jason Calmes - Hornets247.com

Bee Bite: 2011.12.15

1 Page of Page 2 New Orleans Hornets News

As the team finally crossed the line of `half-complete' following our trade, we added a ninth player who'll make the New Orleans Hornets final roster: Carl Landry. He signed a 1yr deal for just under $9m, starter money on what's basically a mutual trial deal. He has great things to say about the team and staff.

I made this point elsewhere, but I have to say: given the deals their respective deals, I think the Carl Landry / Marcus Thornton swap was a good one for all parties.

Brian Butch was injured today. While the severity has yet to be officially reported, his college coach has some things to say that we should all find encouraging.

More and more people are calling Gordon underrated. I can't wait to underrate this guy. Really. Wednesday, here I come!

Ex-Hornet Bonzi Wells made the cut in Minnesota.

With Minnesota rookie Derrick Williams not progressing as much as have been hoped, it's time to check the camp progress of our yet to be named draft pick . . . I'll propose Willie, but you guys may be able to do better. If you do, you get tickets to an upcoming Hornets home game, courtesy of Hornets247.

On Willie: so far, so good.

The Timberwolves have their first preseason game at home against Milwaukee Saturday night.

The post-trade conference call had some chatter about the ownership and the lease situations, so anyone that cares about such things, take a gander. The information is all throughout, so skimming may not get you there.

Carry on.

Read the complete article @ Hornets247.com

minny is gonna be terrible again, awesome

Re: the article about Gordon.

I love the idea of the article. Definitely got my hopes up on how good he can be. But damn that dude needed an editor. All the errors were distracting.

If Derrick Williams doesn't pan out, or show signs of progress, what hope do we have with the lotto pick? What Lotto pick outside of Durant and Griffin have proven to be franchise makers over the last few years. Whoever we draft we will need to come in and make a strong contribution right away.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If Derrick Williams doesn't pan out, or show signs of progress, what hope do we have with the lotto pick? What Lotto pick outside of Durant and Griffin have proven to be franchise makers over the last few years. Whoever we draft we will need to come in and make a strong contribution right away.
    All I can say to that is that Derrick Williams was the 2nd pick in what most people are calling a very weak draft. Also, when I saw him in college, I wasn't convinced he'd be a great pro. He is athletic, but seemed to sometimes not have control over his own body.

This potential draft class seems a lot deeper, from the looks of things. Nothing's guaranteed, but I'd like to think that anyone we pick up next year in the lottery will at least be a solid contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Why don't we at least start the season before we start the "woe is me" chatter on the draft pick?

I was on the Minnesota message board and they think the Hornets would be stupid enough to trade Eric Gordon to them even though we would be hurting that 1st round pick of theirs

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Why don't we at least start the season before we start the "woe is me" chatter on the draft pick?
    This.

i just hope minnesota fail horribly, we can have the first pick and select Andre Drummond. Do you guys think he's more suited at the PF or Center?

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    All I can say to that is that Derrick Williams was the 2nd pick in what most people are calling a very weak draft.
    Yeah. I remember people saying he was like a more athletic David West. That description sounds like a good player, not an elite player. Now if they had said he's like Blake Griffin with a jump shot...

Quote Originally Posted by NOH,LAL fan View Post
    i just hope minnesota fail horribly, we can have the first pick and select Andre Drummond. Do you guys think he's more suited at the PF or Center?
    center, then the Hornets can get a high PF in this draft...Drummond & Davis/Sullinger

I think he is a better pf, but could be an solid center.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Re: the article about Gordon.

I love the idea of the article. Definitely got my hopes up on how good he can be. But damn that dude needed an editor. All the errors were distracting.
    Awesome article about Gordon. I'm stoked!

if we get two top players in the draft that would be sweet! and yeah i agree, he's probably better suited as a power forward but no doubt that he can play center effectively, especially because he's probably going to grow even more! lol I think us hornets fans are obsessed with size since we lacked it with Okafor as the only true center last season

This isn't a woe is me comment about the draft pick from minnesota, this is more a "woe, slow your roll if you think we are guaranteed to draft the next KG, Tim Duncan, or Griffin."

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Williams will be fine. Just has to find his role in the NBA. Is he a SF or PF?

As for the pick, anyone heard Adelman's comments? He basically called their defense out, saying they turn the ball over way too much, that they don't have any ball handlers or playmakers on the wings, and that Derrick Williams is a PF for now. Wesley Johnson isn't a SG, they don't defend, Derrick Williams can't learn the NBA and SF at the same time, they are sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    As for the pick, anyone heard Adelman's comments? He basically called their defense out, saying they turn the ball over way too much, that they don't have any ball handlers or playmakers on the wings, and that Derrick Williams is a PF for now. Wesley Johnson isn't a SG, they don't defend, Derrick Williams can't learn the NBA and SF at the same time, they are sloppy.

I heard that too lol future looks bright for us

Thread Information