Pelicans Report

Thread: LETS GET CRANKIN!

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

LETS GET CRANKIN!

Ok so I was in hiding due to my "mental hernia" Needless to say I am slowly going crazy for obvious reasons.Staying positive, will avoid NBA LABOR TALK and dive into other areas of the sports world.

- MAYHEM IN THE SEC! Love the fact that the SEC IS RULING the College Football World
    A- will LSU BEAT ARK?..... Follow that with win vs Ga?
    B- Alabama beat Auburn?
    C- You want a LSU VS BAMA DO OVER?

I LOVE THE TEBOW STORY! How can't you ? He throws like his arm is drunk... He wins games.... Uncanny ! Don't all men connect to this story? He has average skills and just "does what he does" Loved how he beat the Jets!

LSU WILL WIN THE NATIONAL TITLE RIGHT?

DID YOU KNOW THAT ALABAMA JUST BEAT 3 TEAMS WITH WINNING RECORDS? ..... LSU 6.....

LSU BEAT BAMA...BAMA BEAT ARK.... LSU ?????? VS ARK? ( Vegas says spread is 14 1/2.... Too much?)

If ARK BEAT LSU IT'S A THREE WAY TIE BREAKER!!.... I'm afraid to even explore that option.

Ok, I feel better.My shrink told me to unleash more often .... Good for my emotional well being.
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

LSU v Ark is probably going to be closer than the spread, but LSU wins

I've been a fan of the BCS for some time now. I really enjoy the added level of relevance it brings to each game. But there really should be a rule against a team that does not even make it to its conference title game (where they have one) from playing for the BCS championship. Here, LSU gets screwed for beating Bama, while Bama just gets to sit back and watch others fight for the SEC Championship and then reap the reward that should only go to conference champs.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    It's hilarious that LSU -- should they win out -- will possibly be forced to play Alabama AGAIN. Especially since, as SW noted, Alabama doesn't even have to play in the conference title game. If LSU manages to run the table and win the title it has to be one of the most impressive schedules a team has overcome in recent history.

Regarding Tebow, he's a flash in the pan. No NFL team will consistently win against good competition using the option where your quarterback can't complete over 30% of his passes. Sure people like a good story and say 'he just keeps winning,' well, there are a lot of factors in those wins and Tebow is a very small part of it. Once upon a time the Saints were 3-0 with John Fourcade as their QB and 5-0 with Wade Wilson as their QB... doesn't mean I thought either of them were a long... or even short... term solution.
    Last edited by Unknown Poster; 11-21-2011 at 04:34 PM.

No team should play for a national title that doesn't have a share of their conference title, so say I.

I'm looking for LSU to win, but Bama to take it based on BCS tie-breakers should they lose unless the Tigers somehow only fall to 2 after losing to the Hogs.

As for an opponent, assuming Ga gets rolled over . . . Va Tech or Ok St.

As for Tebow, I hated him at Florida, but am pulling for him in the NFL. He's one of those underdog fan favorite types. I don't think he'll be around long as a QB with his current style, but he adds a certain change of pace to games and you never know what he's going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by say-what View Post
    LSU v Ark is probably going to be closer than the spread, but LSU wins

I've been a fan of the BCS for some time now. I really enjoy the added level of relevance it brings to each game. But there really should be a rule against a team that does not even make it to its conference title game (where they have one) from playing for the BCS championship. Here, LSU gets screwed for beating Bama, while Bama just gets to sit back and watch others fight for the SEC Championship and then reap the reward that should only go to conference champs.
    I agree. It actually benefitted Alabama to lose to LSU as now they have the easy road.

Even John Elway isn't fully buying into Tebow right now:

According to the Denver Post, Elway was asked on a Denver radio show if the team was "any closer to feeling if you have your quarterback on this team." Elway paused, and answered, "No."
    Curious for more details I let my journalistic instincts take over and managed to find this hidden footage of a recent meeting held between Elway, the old hand and Hall of Famer, and Tebow, the prophet of the pigskin:

Doesn't work out so well for Tim...

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Back in the day before the PAC-10 installed a conference championship I cried that the BCS rules be changed so that only those who participate in the conference title game be allowed to go for the NC. I'm crying for it even more so now. There's no way Alabama should be talked about right now. Tigers best them on their own turf.

I think the Tigers beat the Hogs. The spread however... nope.

I hated Tebow at Florida and I hate him now. There's no way he should be quarterbacking anyone's team.

Sent from GrandAdmiral's phone using Tapatalk.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

RESPONSES

BCS IS FLAWED...if you beat me and I respond by beating you, whose the champ? Third game will settle that. Right now we will have some Conference Championship games that will mean nothing....shameful!

Tim TEBOW is a great story. Like the average guy who becomes a replacement player and enjoys himself.He breaks the mold.Fun storyline indeed!

Miles putting the muzzle on his QB's stinks! Ya think Lee is pissed off? The guy gets you to #1 and now they bail on him? Plus you silence Jefferson and Lee from the media? Gemme a break! gemme a big freaking break! Yeah he had some slippage vs Bama....... So what!!!

Eli Manning will be chuckin the ball vs a Saints defense that allows ave of 239.9 yds per game vs the pass....Saints just 5 INT's.......Giants run game is wheezy..... Giants play Saints....Green Bay and Dallas....
    Saimts run game should enjoy themselves Monday night....

If they actually utilize the run game, that is!

I've been telling myself that if we have a nice run game in the last 4 games of the regular season, then I'd be ok with how we played the run in the first 12. This team with an effective run game would go at least 0.500 in a series with any other teams, and 0.750 in a series with most.

I try to trust the coaches . . . I wonder if they are learning how to coach with an effective run game, or if they are just skeptical about it with respect to the tower of strength that is Drew Brees. The `Drew Brees Problem' is a good one to have. Thank you, sir, may I have another! Just trying to diagnose, here.

They have four guys that could easily be 15-20 carry per game backs (even Sproles) which is why it baffles me you don't see at least 25 carries total from them combined every single game.

Thread Information