Pelicans Report

Thread: To my 504 peeps

We enter the dead zone! Contributor accfsu34's Avatar

To my 504 peeps

Me and the wife moving to NO next month, can yall school me on sum apartments to avoid, or some hidden gems. I heard the Saulet was nice. Those houses/apartments by Josephine at magazine were nice during the day, I wonder how they are at night....
    2011-2012 revised, NFC south standings:

1. Tampa Bay: 11-5 y
    2. New Orleans: 9-7
    3. ATL: 7-9
    4. carolina: 6-10

Be sure to get a place in an area the didn't flood following Katrina. Even if you end up paying more, it'll be worth it in the end . . . maybe. Staying between the River and Freret is a good rule of thumb, but there are exceptions both ways.

Others will disagree, I'm sure, but that's my advice.

Glad to have you.

Blog Entries
    I flipped houses for a number of years, so I'm pretty familiar with the New Orleans housing market.

What are you looking for in a house/apartment? I've always thought one of the coolest things about New Orleans is that you can live in a house in the city instead of an apartment without really paying any more cash for it.

Do you know what general neighborhood or area you want to be in?

I, for one, would avoid the Saulet if you're picky about security and dog poop. I've heard that both have been an ongoing issue there for a while. Also, it's walking distance to only a few places that have pretty much popped up to support it. Otherwise you're sort of in the middle of what isn't the nicest area. Very close to downtown, though, so if you want to be really close while living in a newish place without paying a fortune, I guess I could see it as being really appealing. I drive by there just about every day.

Frankly I'd recommend uptown near magazine, but that's where I live so obviously that's what I prefer.

If you want to live in what is essentially suburbia (but still 5 minutes from just about anywhere), pay next to nothing for a lot of newly renovated house, not worry about crime, and not be able to walk to any real businesses, then go for Broadmoor.

Midcity has been really cool for a while, and it's relatively cheap to live there.

edit- 42 makes a good point about flooding. Hopefully it never happens, but if it does, then it's a pain in the ***. I think that this applies more to buying than renting, though.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

We enter the dead zone! Contributor accfsu34's Avatar
    Appreciate the feedback guys, yeah wanted to stay on Magazine, but most of the placed dont allow large dogs. I will look into the broadmoor area.

The Marigny rectangle, and maybe the triangle is dog friendly in the large. The farther you go down the river past Franklin, the more attention you need to pay. Stick between St. Claude and the river, and between the quarter and Franklin of possible.

I loved visiting the ladyfriend during her time there.

Thread Information