Pelicans Report

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Trying to get my mind of the mess that is our Hornets right now, so
    is anyone currently playing the early access of swtor, or are you
    planning on playing later on? Is anyone playing on a bootcamped
    Mac like I plan on doing? If so hows it running? If you have some
    early impressions do tell!

I'd like to know too. Anyone have this yet? How is it playing? It HAS to be better than Star Wars Galaxies, right?

I got it Tuesday night, and I've only been able to play a little bit. I'm at level 6 with my Bounty Hunter. It's fun so far. Bioware didn't reinvent the wheel when it comes to mmo's, but the emphasis on your character's story makes up for the run of the mill mmo stuff. It's not running to well on my late 09' iMac because of the on board graphics chip(nvidia 9400m). I'm only able to play in windowed mode with all settings on low, and in a smaller window on the desktop. It's playable but fps drop in busier areas. I hate windows but sadly I think I must purchase a pc for gaming to get a better experience.

As far as it being better than SWG, I really can't say. I only played SWG for a little while and that was after the NGE update that changed that game from what it was. If you're looking for that sandbox mmo, you won't get it in SW:TOR. It's more of a linear, theme park mmo. But it is fun. The combat is smooth and feels good, and like I said the story and voice acting are top notch and keep you in.

So my recommendation would be that if you enjoy WoW, Warhammer, Rift, or if you're a Star Wars fan in general, you'll like this. If you're more into the sandbox style mmo like Pre NGE SWG, Darkfall, Eve, etc. you probably won't like it.

Last edited by norunner; 01-20-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Thread Information