Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WWE Hell in a Cell

WWE Hell in a Cell

is anyone going? Got my tickets the other day, and normally I wouldn't give a rats arse about this ppv but since I moved to Kenner and its happening 15 minutes away I figured I'd go. Never been to a ppv before, and I haven't been to a WWE event since an 07 Raw at the cajundome in Lafayette so I'm a bit excited. looking forward to seeing the Punk, Del Rio, and Cena 3 way. My unlikely but possible prediction: Since GiJoe is filming here, and Rock is in it, he will make a surprise appearance. I know probably not but man that would be awesome.

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar
    Good call on The Rock. I think he definitely makes an appearance - he's gonna be in Survivor Series in November.
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    I'll be there. I'm going with 4 of my buddies. We got tickets back in March. It will be my third PPV that's been down here, along with Royal Rumble 01 and Extreme Rules 09. I thought about that too about the Rock making a surprise appearance since he's filming down here...
    "Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. One 'star' who taught another 'star' how not to be a 'star' " - Jim Henderson

"Oklahoma City can go to hell" - Random caller on the Hornets post game show

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WHOO!!!" - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Scott Cody on Byron Scott: "He was there during the Hornets best and worst season. His legacy, most likely however, will fall somewhere in between..."

Didn't know about The Rock filming there at the time. Interesting.

I live in New Jersey, and I'm not buying it either. Going there live sounds fun. I'm gonna save my money for Survivor Series (was gonna go live, but it sold fast and not enough seats for our group) and Bound For Glory.

just a heads up if some of you didn't hear, CM Punk will be at the Kmart on Clearview @ 11 am signing autographs.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    All I will say is that ending was CRAZY!!! Almost NWO-like. It made it worth the ticket.

Very good show. Every time the security guys by meet gathered, I looked around for Miz and Truth.

I do wish they would have `arrested' HHH though. Given that he `attacked' people in `custody', the should have be thrown in OPP too. I guess they have enough controversry.

Them giving up as soon as the `cops' got in, for me, put them over huge for me. Like they are professional disturbers of the peace, plus it robbed everyone from seeing the beatdown. Great stuff.

The other matches were solid, though there wasn't alot of `caginess' to the matches, which I'm fine with since I'm not a fan of blood etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 42
    Very good show. Every time the security guys by meet gathered, I looked around for Miz and Truth.

I do wish they would have `arrested' HHH though. Given that he `attacked' people in `custody', the should have be thrown in OPP too. I guess they have enough controversry.

Them giving up as soon as the `cops' got in, for me, put them over huge for me. Like they are professional disturbers of the peace, plus it robbed everyone from seeing the beatdown. Great stuff.

The other matches were solid, though there wasn't alot of `caginess' to the matches, which I'm fine with since I'm not a fan of blood etc.
    Yeah. The "we give up moment" was classic. We were ROTLOAO at how they did it. What would have made it better would have been them taking HHH as well, plus using NOPD instead of Superdome police.

And in person Beth and Natalia are two fine-*** chicks.

And as much as I'm not a fan of Alberto, anything that screws over John Cena is A-ok with me.

yea we had a good time. surprisingly solid ppv given that it was only 2 weeks after the last ppv. I expected run ins during the main event, but that ending was chaotic, it was cool. I think what they are doing with Mark Henry is great, booking 101 of how to present a monster heel. its a breath of fresh air. was it just me or did I see way more punk shirts than cena shirts? I made my dislike for cena very loud. so much the kid in cena gear in fron of me kept turning around looking like he wanted to punch me and cry. only thing I wish would have been different was our seats. we were in section 122 and couldn't see the damn titan tron.

I enjoyed it also. Very surprised they kept the title on Henry. It was needed because both titles have changed hands so much in the last few months. And Henry can give the World title credibility because I love how they are having him be the monster heel. I don't think anyone can stop him now that he has beaten Orton twice, but I think Sheamus will take the title off of him after Henry has a lengthy title reign.

Very surprised Cena lost the title. Wish Punk would've won; but I like most heels so I'm glad Del Rio has another run with the title. Hope he holds it past the next PPV. It did look like more Punk shirts and I'm glad. Finally a show in NOLA that wasn't full of Cena fans!

All of other matches were fun. Sheamus/Christian was good. Crowd was dead for Sin Cara 1/Sin Cara 2 but I enjoyed most of it. Glad to see Dolph and Swagger in a match. I think they'll have a tag title reign before they break up and hopefully that will lead to Ziggler in the main event. Glad Beth won the title. Loved Rhodes bringing back the old IC title. Myself and the group I was with popped big for that.

the torch reported that punk was #1 in merchandise sales in august. was the first month in 5 or 6 years cena wasn't #1.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsDude3160
    I enjoyed it also. Very surprised they kept the title on Henry. It was needed because both titles have changed hands so much in the last few months. And Henry can give the World title credibility because I love how they are having him be the monster heel. I don't think anyone can stop him now that he has beaten Orton twice, but I think Sheamus will take the title off of him after Henry has a lengthy title reign.

Very surprised Cena lost the title. Wish Punk would've won; but I like most heels so I'm glad Del Rio has another run with the title. Hope he holds it past the next PPV. It did look like more Punk shirts and I'm glad. Finally a show in NOLA that wasn't full of Cena fans!

All of other matches were fun. Sheamus/Christian was good. Crowd was dead for Sin Cara 1/Sin Cara 2 but I enjoyed most of it. Glad to see Dolph and Swagger in a match. I think they'll have a tag title reign before they break up and hopefully that will lead to Ziggler in the main event. Glad Beth won the title. Loved Rhodes bringing back the old IC title. Myself and the group I was with popped big for that.
    Hell, I wish I was was in a section close to one of you guys. I was surrounded Cena lovers. Cody is definitely growing on me with his gimmick. And seeing the new (old) IC belt brought back a bit of nostalgia. I really would be hyped if the city could land Wrestlemania. I would be there for every event.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral
    Hell, I wish I was was in a section close to one of you guys. I was surrounded Cena lovers. Cody is definitely growing on me with his gimmick. And seeing the new (old) IC belt brought back a bit of nostalgia. I really would be hyped if the city could land Wrestlemania. I would be there for every event.
    I've always wondered why they've never brought Wrestlemania to Nola yet. It's been everywhere else why not here?

btw, may I suggest a separate wrestling/mma forum for the site?

My understanding is that there is mutual interest for a Mania here.

I would assume 30 will be at the Garden, but 29 and 31 would be possible. 29 would be awesome, but they'll have to come in the weekend after the Final Four. San Francisco was mentioned, as was Toronto. Also, maybe the Garden has seen it's last mania and 30 is more of a possibility than I've been considering.

Ha we were in sec 124, 4th row. I always try to get on the camera side for every show so I'm always in either 124 or 101, preferably 101 because that's right in front of the camera. I was surrounded by Cena fans also to some degree: had kid Cena fans in front of me and some 50 year old woman behind me screaming for Cena and kept screaming the whole night thinking it was all real

I really hope N.O. can land a WM real soon, especially since the renovations to the Dome are finished and with Champions Square finished. WM 29 is possible, but I had heard rumors it could be in Toronto to induct Edge and Trish into HOF. Then, NOLA should be a given for 31. I would be at every event also: Axxess at Convention Center, WM at Dome, HOF and RAW at N.O. Arena. It's pretty much all solved and the Hyatt is right there by the Dome for all of the talent. I was at WM 27 in Atlanta and it was one of the best weekends of my life. I never saw so many wrestling fans in one place in all my life!

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsDude3160
    Ha we were in sec 124, 4th row. I always try to get on the camera side for every show so I'm always in either 124 or 101, preferably 101 because that's right in front of the camera. I was surrounded by Cena fans also to some degree: had kid Cena fans in front of me and some 50 year old woman behind me screaming for Cena and kept screaming the whole night thinking it was all real

I really hope N.O. can land a WM real soon, especially since the renovations to the Dome are finished and with Champions Square finished. WM 29 is possible, but I had heard rumors it could be in Toronto to induct Edge and Trish into HOF. Then, NOLA should be a given for 31. I would be at every event also: Axxess at Convention Center, WM at Dome, HOF and RAW at N.O. Arena. It's pretty much all solved and the Hyatt is right there by the Dome for all of the talent. I was at WM 27 in Atlanta and it was one of the best weekends of my life. I never saw so many wrestling fans in one place in all my life!
    I thought of going to that one, but then realized it was Atlanta. I really hate that place.

I thought of going to that one, but then realized it was Atlanta. I really hate that place.
    Gotcha. Well, actually I won the SyFy WM contest so the hotel, airfare, and tix were all paid for, so I couldn't complain . But I agree I was not impressed with Atlanta.

I've gone to the past 2, 2 others, and have the cash sitting around marked for Miami. My buddy and I do the trip every year. It's a great time.

We were in ATL if the HoF and event; that's it. We spent the rest of the time doing stuff in Alpharetta and Athens.

Mania is a good excuse to go to a part of the country you wouldn'beingt normally go to. Being on a Sunday night, it allows you to take full advantage of the weekend. Plus, the shows are great.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedSpeed
    yea we had a good time. surprisingly solid ppv given that it was only 2 weeks after the last ppv. I expected run ins during the main event, but that ending was chaotic, it was cool. I think what they are doing with Mark Henry is great, booking 101 of how to present a monster heel. its a breath of fresh air. was it just me or did I see way more punk shirts than cena shirts? I made my dislike for cena very loud. so much the kid in cena gear in fron of me kept turning around looking like he wanted to punch me and cry. only thing I wish would have been different was our seats. we were in section 122 and couldn't see the damn titan tron.
    I sat on the exact same row dude.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by 42
    I've gone to the past 2, 2 others, and have the cash sitting around marked for Miami. My buddy and I do the trip every year. It's a great time.

We were in ATL if the HoF and event; that's it. We spent the rest of the time doing stuff in Alpharetta and Athens.

Mania is a good excuse to go to a part of the country you wouldn'beingt normally go to. Being on a Sunday night, it allows you to take full advantage of the weekend. Plus, the shows are great.
    That's great. 4 of my buddies and myself have at least talked about going to WM in Miami but we have kinda backed off of it. I was only upset about when I finally go to WM, the MITB match is taken off the card. I hope NOLA can get the MITB PPV. That would be an awesome show.

Did any of you guys who went to mania check out the ROH or DGUSA shows while there?

I actually had a typo above: I went to the past 5 and 2 others.

I was able to see ROH in Houston. It was pretty good except that I don't care for gore so I had to turn my eyes from Necrobutcher.

Colt Cabana, Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan), Austin Ares, and more.

Very fun. Cheap too.

We opted for Athens last year to check out UGA (only SEC school I've not visited yet is Kentucky . . . until they add Missouri . . . I have A&M covered, along with some of the other possibles) and to eat at the Weaver D's . . . the restaurant that inspired the title of REM's Automatic for the People. Great food.

So is anyone else feeling the new storyline with Cena? Of course I believe it's a sham, but if there's any way the Fed can get Cena to do a heel-turn, this would be it.

They should just keep Cena serious without the scripted jokes. I view The Rock as the heel. Been nothing but a jerk since coming back (character wise).
    aka Hornet Blood

Credit: wopester

Thread Information