Pelicans Report

Thread: GM the Hornets game!

GM the Hornets game!

Heya guys, just wanna give you guys something to do if you're really bored.

I'm going to put a few scenarios in play, what you do around them is upto you, whether you try and build a contender or go into full rebuild is upto you, post your moves and the final depth chart, try to keep it feasible and lets see what different teams we end up with!

1. Think up an Owner! This doesn't have to be a serious answer, have fun with it.

2. Rebrand the team!
    -Give team a new name.
    -Think up a logo / mascot.

3. Eye for an Eye! Sign and Trade David West within the following conditions:
    -His salary begins ~10mil
    -He is traded to a team that is likely to be top 6 in their conference.
    -He is traded to a team where he will be the starting PF.
    -He can be packaged with any existing contracted player.

4. Deal or no Deal? Make a choice on free agents:
    -Carl Landry
    -Willie Green
    -Marco Belinelli
    -Jason Smith
    -DJ Mbenga

5. Use an MLE!
    -Lets assume it's 5.5mil
    -Can sign multiple players but try to keep salaries realistic.

6. The CP3 factor!
    -Convince CP3 (well, the board really) that the moves you've made are enough for him to extend with us. Or..
    -Design a trade that sends him to a team with another top 10 player in the league. Can have multiple teams involved.

Have fun, and it would be nice to see some of the old heads on the board who don't normally dabble in these hypothetical trade ideas things to give this a shot!

Feel free to discuss other peoples concepts but keep it polite and constructive
    Last edited by Impose; 08-11-2011 at 08:11 PM.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose
    Heya guys, just wanna give you guys something to do if you're really bored.

I'm going to put a few scenarios in play, what you do around them is upto you, whether you try and build a contender or go into full rebuild is upto you, post your moves and the final depth chart, try to keep it feasible and lets see what different teams we end up with!

1. Think up an Owner! This doesn't have to be a serious answer, have fun with it.

2. Rebrand the team!
    -Give team a new name.
    -Think up a logo / mascot.

3. Eye for an Eye! Sign and Trade David West within the following conditions:
    -His salary begins ~10mil
    -He is traded to a team that is likely to be top 6 in their conference.
    -He is traded to a team where he will be the starting PF.
    -He can be packaged with any existing contracted player.

4. Deal or no Deal? Make a choice on free agents:
    -Carl Landry
    -Willie Green
    -Marco Belinelli
    -Jason Smith
    -DJ Mbenga

5. Use an MLE!
    -Lets assume it's 5.5mil
    -Can sign multiple players but try to keep salaries realistic.

6. The CP3 factor!
    -Convince CP3 (well, the board really) that the moves you've made are enough for him to extend with us. Or..
    -Design a trade that sends him to a team with another top 10 player in the league. Can have multiple teams involved.

Have fun, and it would be nice to see some of the old heads on the board who don't normally dabble in these hypothetical trade ideas things to give this a shot!

Feel free to discuss other peoples concepts but keep it polite and constructive

Coolio.

Alright, I an't think of any owner besides Chouhest or Lil Wayne, so I'll skip that one.

2.) Krewe of New Orleans
    colors: Silver and Black
    Logo: A NO (for New Orleans in case that wasnt obvious) with the "O" being the shape of the New Orleans arena.
    Mascot: A silver and black Mardi gras Jester. Probably the creepiest Mascot ever...

3.) S&T DWest to the Orlando magic for Brandon Bass and J.J Reddick.

4.)Resign:
    Carl Landry- 6.5 Mil.
    Jason Smith- 1 mil.
    Aaron Gray- 3 mil.

Let Walk:
    Marco
    Green
    Mbenga

5.)Sign James Jones SF from the heat for 3.5 mil.

6.)Trade Chris Paul for Russel Westbrook, James Harden, Nate Robinson.

As you can see I went for a complete roster/brand overhaul. This would be our team.

Westbrook/Jack/Robinson
    Harden/J.J Redick/Robinson
    Ariza/Jones/QPon
    Landry/Bass/Smith
    Okafor/Gray/Smith

The only returning Players are Jack, Ariza, Landry, Smith, with only Ariza and Oak in the starting spots returning.

One of the main things I like about that roster is it gives us alot more depth, especially at the 2. Westbrook would be our first option scoring, 2nd would be Harden, then Landry, the Oak putting Ariza as the 5th option on offense like he needs to be and letting him focus on defense. Then when you have J.J Redick, Jack, Jones and Brandon Bass bringing in scoring off the bench, well I see us as a playoff team atleast. I thought about adding in there trading Jack for a late first round pick to someone but I thought that was a pretty big stretch so I left it out. Thats me as a GM.

Thread Information