Pelicans Report

Thread: Hornets' Checkup

Hornets' Checkup

42 - Hornets247.com

In what has been a slow time for the New Orleans Hornets, I am happy to bring a boatload of fresh news. Tonight I was able to attend an I’m In event thanks to the courteous invitation of my rep (and Hornets247′s), Gena. What follows is an account of the event, summaries of the speeches and conversations, and Hornets news.
    Hornets News

I’ll start with the punchline . . . to get to the other side!

Yeah, that never works.

Really though, here are the facts that I think most people will want to know. It’s mostly ticket stuff, of course.

• About 8,750 Full Season Tickets have been sold before this event.
    • 11 tickets sold at the event along with a couple of leads, including one on at least 2 floor seats. (Our event at Joe’s landed 13 sales . . . Recognize)
    • This was event number 67. They have around 125 scheduled. It’s clear that the 100 events is not the limit. It’s not clear if 100 days is a limit, but I get the feeling that it’s not. Translation: We will not go gently.
    • Demps just got back from scouting in Europe. They have trips planned to scout on every continent (save Antarctica, but given that Argentina and Chile are tied to much of its populace, he’ll cover it by proxy).

More on the ticket sales: The LSED is kicking in for this stuff due to the little talked about revenue benchmarks; it gives the team a presence around town during the lockout, keeps the staff together, drives revenue, etc., so why not? If they work all 125 and keep up at this pace (5-10 full season tickets per party), they’ll crack 9,000 around the end of the month and reach 9,250. There is a feeling that once the number to reach gets under 1,000, that there will be an uptick in sales . . . a sort of `rounding-third’ effect, though that’s toeing the line of mixing metaphors.

Some miscellaneous facts that came up, though these are not news:

• The Hornets season ticket holder count has gone from “just under 11,000″, to 8,300, to 6,300, and now to at least 8,750.
    • The Hornets support around 140 direct jobs and 2,000 indirect ones.
    • Hornets players were contractually bound to have at least 12 community appearances for charity and the like. None had less than 18 last season.
    • This year’s NBA Playoffs after round 1 had a 16 share, good for 5th in terms of market penetration behind, in no particular order: Dallas, Miami, Cleveland, and San Antonio.
    • The medical staff of the home team covers both team’s players in the preseason and regular season. In the playoffs, the medical staff travels with the road team, giving each team it’s own set of doctors.
    • Some of the food at these events is the same food they get on the team plane

Read the complete article @ Hornets247.com

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Really good read. Thanks for the update, its nice to hear some at least not-negative news.

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar
    I really like hearing about these parties and I don't think it's lockout related. I guess I'm just really into party reports.
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Nice update ...

Once again, I feel these numbers are fantastic regardless of the circumstances.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Still don't like the "benchmark" thingy or whatever anyone wants to call it these days.

Time for some football!!!

Thread Information