Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HornetsReport welcomes Joe Gerrity of Hornets247 to the family

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy
    Pretty sure 42 came when Joe came
    Almost as if they were joined at the hip in fact.

Maybe more so.

just seen michael mcnamara amongs the users he's the third twin
    Last edited by RMA06; 06-22-2011 at 11:47 AM.

This reminds me of the Hancock/Whitney Bank merger.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KennerFan
    This reminds me of the Hancock/Whitney Bank merger.
    Not a merger, we will simply share a common owner partner in Joe G. As you can see, 247's features have started appearing here....and eventually...hr.com's forum, our Gerry V podcasts, etc. will be promoted there. We were anxious to announce the new operating agreement so got out ahead of it a bit, but obviously a lot still needs to take place. The deal should be official soon.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey
    Not a merger, we will simply share a common owner partner in Joe G. As you can see, 247's features have started appearing here....and eventually...hr.com's forum, our Gerry V podcasts, etc. will be promoted there. We were anxious to announce the new operating agreement so got out ahead of it a bit, but obviously a lot still needs to take place. The deal should be official soon.
    How many members do we need to make happen?

Surely there must be a benchmark to meet?

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    How many members do we need to make happen?

Surely there must be a benchmark to meet?
    We're gonna need 10,000 regular posters this off-season, but 14,735 lurkers over a 2-year period, measured every January.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man
    We're gonna need 10,000 regular posters this off-season, but 14,735 lurkers over a 2-year period, measured every January.
    Well, one thing is certain...the league won't need to step in and take over hr.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey

Cool. Just don't let that greg guy in.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys!

Hello to all, and thanks for the warm welcome. I guess this will be my first post at Hornets Report. Unfortunately it won't be epic or legendary, or even anything close.

Frankly I'm just ecstatic that the divide that existed for so long between the two biggest and best Hornets communities on the web is now just a memory.

The people at Hornets247 will finally know what a great forum looks like, and you fine members over here will be able to see Hornets247 original content from Ryan Shwan, Michael Macnamara, 42, and myself with just one click of the mouse. As you have noticed, you will also be getting multiple updates each day on the news without having to scour the internet (thanks, 42).

This ownership thing actually hasn't really been announced at Hornets247 yet, but in the next few days we will eliminate our forum, and adding some new links from the H247 home page.

For now I'll join Harvey and remain mostly mum about the future possibilities, but let's just say things are looking good for the members of HornetsReport and Hornets247.

And for those of you that are like, "Yo Joe! H247 is super slow and it makes me sad", no worries. We are working on it, and before too long H247 will be back to 21st century speeds.

About me- I started writing only a few years ago, and still am hesitant to really call myself a writer. I was fully credentialed last year for the Hornets and will be again this year. Recently I hired an intern fresh out of NOCCA(New Orleans Center for Creative Arts) & West Jefferson, and he's going to be rocking video, audio, and photography all year long, hopefully as a full-time credentialed member of the media.

New Orleans is my favorite place in the world. I've lived a number of places, but this is the only one I've ever considered home. I started the Save Our Hornets Foundation last year and send nearly 200 kids to games buying tickets directly from the Hornets. It would literally drive me crazy if the Hornets left, so I have been doing everything in my power to make sure that they stay.

Make no mistake- I may be a journalist, but I'm not impartial. I am a fan first and foremost, and I imagine I always will be.

Fun fact about me- I have a gold medal in the Special Olympics.

Looking forward to a long relationship,

Truly great news. Very excited about this.

Wow, great move for both!

Thread Information