Pelicans Report

Thread: N/H (maybe) Pre Draft News and potential trades

N/H (maybe) Pre Draft News and potential trades

To keep from starting a diff thread for each bit of news... I'll start this one and you guys can keep adding as news comes out...

The San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trail Blazers nearly completed a blockbuster trade on Wednesday afternoon, but the deal fell apart in the late stages. San Antonio was prepared to ship Tony Parker and the #29 pick to Portland in exchange for Andre Miller, Nicolas Batum and the #21 pick, but the trade died when the Spurs insisted that Richard Jefferson somehow be included in the deal. Other players would have been included in the trade to make salaries work. Talks have quieted for now, but they could pick back up tomorrow if one of the teams has a change of heart.

Just got an email... Lamar Scrotum potentially going to Cleveland. no word on compensation.

From hoopsHype:

A recent conversation between the Warriors and Lakers centered around Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown going to Golden State for Ellis, but those talks went nowhere, sources said. The Bulls would become involved if they were willing to part with Joakim Noah, and Chicago executives have consistently balked at including him in trade talks for the past year -- mostly due to the base-year compensation factor in the five-year, $60 million extension he signed last year. CBSSports.com

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Lakers are placing way too much value on their players(especially Odom). I guess that Pau Gasol trade has led them to believe they can make any deal work.

Houston trying to move 14 and 23 to 8 to get Tristan Thompson or Bismack Biyombo per Ken Berger CBS.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Odom is only effective coming off the bench. Make him a starter and he'll regress like analysis.

LOTS AND LOTS OF ACTION...I like it!

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    In what would be an interesting swap of styles and systems, the Orlando Magic and Portland Trail Blazers are talking about swapping point guards.

That according to Jonathan Givony at DraftExpress, on twitter.

Hearing Portland and Orlando are talking about swapping Andre Miller and Jameer Nelson, with the #21 pick going to Orlando.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...miller-nelson/

Odom's 31 goin on 32. He has 2-3 effective years left in him tops. I don't know why any gm would consider trading any draft pick 1-15. If I was the sixers, I would still be reluctant to trade Odom for Iggy.

I can understand why you trade a top 1-15 pick for Odom, as who in this draft will pan out and give you Odom's value?

If he is traded, I hope for the sake of the team getting him, that they keep him on the bench, as that is the only way he works well. As has already been stated, you make Odom a starter and it is bad juju, but keep him on a bench and he is a very solid player.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Sacramento has traded pick #7 to the Bucks.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wopester
    So the Bucks have the 7th and 10th picks? That'd make sense. But if they just traded up 3 spots 4 hours before the thing even starts...then that's bad.

Edit: And now it could be a 3 team deal with Charolette getting in on the action?

This day could get funky.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 06-23-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Details trickling out:
    Adrian Wojnarowski: Partial of deal: The Bucks get Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston, sources say. Charlotte gets the 7th pick and Corey Maggette. 2 minutes ago

Quote Originally Posted by wopester
    Bucks get Stephen Jackson and Livingston

Charlotte gets 7 and Maggette

Details still coming out.

Edit: Bucks send 10th pick and Salmons.

This deal is very confusing...

The Bobcats will have the 7th and 9th picks in the draft tonight as part of the deal, source says.

Maybe there aer more details to come. Seems like an odd trade for the Kings given that there is speculation Knight could fall to 7.

Seems like an odd trade for the Kings given that there is speculation Knight could fall to 7.
    The Maloofs supposedly love Jimmer who would be available at 10. The odd thing would be adding Jimmer and Salmons to Tyreke and Thornton. That's lots of scoring but not much passing or play making, but when the owner makes the call it doesn't always end well.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225
    The Maloofs supposedly love Jimmer who would be available at 10. The odd thing would be adding Jimmer and Salmons to Tyreke and Thornton. That's lots of scoring but not much passing or play making, but when the owner makes the call it doesn't always end well.
    This ^

It just doesn't seem like a good move to me. Everyone is a 1-1 player.

Maybe it's not Jimmer:

Ryan Feldman: A lot of people are speculating the Kings want Jimmer Fredette at 10. That's only if Kemba is gone. I'm told Kings really want Kemba. 2 minutes ago

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Sources: Stephen Jackson to Bucks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6697545

New trade news:
    Wolves trade moti and flynn to houston for brad miller and their draft pick

wow kahn is a fricking moron

Thread Information