Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Rhodes has taken huge strides in his improvement from when he was in Legacy. I wish he had a bigger push (even if it was just for the US title).

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Doug
    Rhodes has taken huge strides in his improvement from when he was in Legacy. I wish he had a bigger push (even if it was just for the US title).
    DiBiasi Jr. on the other hand, seems to have lost all momentum. When Legacy was a group, if I had to pick between Ted and Cody as to who I thought would progress faster, I would have picked Ted hands down.

Ted Jr has no personality. I can see him out of the WWE in a few years unless he finds something that puts him over. Being the million dollar man's son or the rich boy just was played out. The creative team is so lazy that they couldn't think outside the box with Ted Jr. It doesn't help that Ted isn't a great worker in the ring either.

Cody's american psycho gimmick works because its different than what anyone else is doing right now. Its a good stepping stone for him. Cody has pretty good charisma, promo skills, and can work. I can see Cody being a main event player two to three years from now.
    MJR

We enter the dead zone! Contributor accfsu34's Avatar
    Maybe its just me, but is anyone else tired of Cena getting his *** beat the entire match, then somehow finds all sorts of energy to do his 5 stale, boring moves and win? Im also getting tired of Orton getting beat the whole match, then pulling off the diamond cutter for the win.

Hey WWE its ok for those guys to lose straight up without losing on a gimmick, just my opinion.
    2011-2012 revised, NFC south standings:

1. Tampa Bay: 11-5 y
    2. New Orleans: 9-7
    3. ATL: 7-9
    4. carolina: 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by accfsu34
    Maybe its just me, but is anyone else tired of Cena getting his *** beat the entire match, then somehow finds all sorts of energy to do his 5 stale, boring moves and win? Im also getting tired of Orton getting beat the whole match, then pulling off the diamond cutter for the win.

Hey WWE its ok for those guys to lose straight up without losing on a gimmick, just my opinion.
    Yea the whole Super Cena bit is annoying. It's the modern day "Hulking Out" that Hulk use to do. And yea Cena's 5 moves of doom is the the most aggravating thing in the world. You would think by now that his opponent wouldn't do that wild haymaker punch after the second shoulder block, but they can't seem to help themselves. I'm just not a fan of the obviously choreographed set up and finishers. We know wrestling's a work, but at least make the move sets unpredictable. Same reason I can't stand Rey, and Sin Cara, to choreographed and predictable. Depending on the crowd that's at RAW sometimes, you can hear a collective groan when he goes in to the 5 moves of doom, I know I groan on my recliner while watching that crap. But, this is what the the "lil jimmies" want to see, and Vinny Mac obliges. As for Orton, he's stale as a face imo.

Speaking of Sin Cara, during the RAW Roulette show a couple of weeks ago, did anyone hear the small crowd chant during his match w/ Evan Bourne? It was "Pow-er Rang-er, clap clap clap clap clap" I thought that was hilarious.

I think if punk actually leaves... the idea of keeping Super Duper Cena with the championship until wrestlemaina is is dumb and ridiculous. i would love to see my boy R-truth with the belt but the conspiracy will never let that happen -_- and dont the lil jimmies suppose to have a bed time? i mean monday night raw is a bit late for the little jimmies lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I hope R-Truth wins money in the bank and wins the title same night.................

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Doug
    I hope R-Truth wins money in the bank and wins the title same night.................
    what a beautiful vision

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accfsu34

Cena is a fantastic ambassador for the company...but the "Super Cena" crap is old and worn out. Orton? Agree. BORING as a face. As others have said, the Cena and Orton booking has everything to do with the little Jimmie's and Jenny's. "Smart wrestling fans" have had enough of that crap though.

49 days away now. I'm excited for the upcoming RAW EC match. That's a lot of athleticism in one place.

Wrestlemania is having a better build this year. Last year lacked a special feel.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

I really enjoy reading this blog of an entertainment from my childhood. I remember the days of standing in the local store waiting for the newest wrestling magazine. I remember the first match my mother took we to see featuring Blackjack Mulligan vs Big John Stud in the old Charlotte Coliseum in the 70s. I was a fan of the Young Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, Wahoo McDaniel, Blackjack Mulligan Jr., Tommy Rich, Young Rick Flair and Greg Valentine. Straight old school.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetslover89 View Post
    I really enjoy reading this blog of an entertainment from my childhood. I remember the days of standing in the local store waiting for the newest wrestling magazine. I remember the first match my mother took we to see featuring Blackjack Mulligan vs Big John Stud in the old Charlotte Coliseum in the 70s. I was a fan of the Young Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, Wahoo McDaniel, Blackjack Mulligan Jr., Tommy Rich, Young Rick Flair and Greg Valentine. Straight old school.
    Yes, me too. Before the internet, that was the only way to get info on indy shows or feds that weren't on TV in your local area.

The Franchise
    This years Wrestlemania is going to be stacked!! It is really looking like a can't miss show
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    This years Wrestlemania is going to be stacked!! It is really looking like a can't miss show
    It has potential to be sure. There are rumors of a MITB match being added, which is always a plus.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    It has potential to be sure. There are rumors of a MITB match being added, which is always a plus.
    With
    Rock vs Cena
    Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus
    Jericho vs Punk
    HHH vs Undertake (hell in a cell)

It is very top heavy, all those matches should be very very good. It will be interesting how the rest fills out, if MITB comes in and the potential of Shaq also it could be one of the biggest Mania's ever

Anyone else going?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Anyone else going?
    I wish.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    I'll be there. My buddy and I got the suite that the Pro Wrestling Report radio show were selling. $400 for free food, drinks, and special guests. This year they will have Maria and Al Snow; and maybe a few others unannounced. Last year in ATL, I wasn't in the suite but PWR advertised X-Pac and Road Dogg for the suite.

We arrive on Friday the 30th and will stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Friday night, we have free tickets for Kevin Nash's party that was included in our suite package. Nash, X-Pac, Robbie E, Maria, Billy Gunn, and Headbangers will be in attendance. Saturday, I bought the VIP Axxess for the Chris Jericho signing. We talked about going to the HOF but right now, we have decided not to. Sunday morning, I will be back at Axxess for the VIP Sheamus signing. Then WM that night and come back Monday morning. Should be an awesome weekend trip!
    "Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. One 'star' who taught another 'star' how not to be a 'star' " - Jim Henderson

"Oklahoma City can go to hell" - Random caller on the Hornets post game show

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WHOO!!!" - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Scott Cody on Byron Scott: "He was there during the Hornets best and worst season. His legacy, most likely however, will fall somewhere in between..."

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsDude3160 View Post
    I'll be there. My buddy and I got the suite that the Pro Wrestling Report radio show were selling. $400 for free food, drinks, and special guests. This year they will have Maria and Al Snow; and maybe a few others unannounced. Last year in ATL, I wasn't in the suite but PWR advertised X-Pac and Road Dogg for the suite.

We arrive on Friday the 30th and will stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Friday night, we have free tickets for Kevin Nash's party that was included in our suite package. Nash, X-Pac, Robbie E, Maria, Billy Gunn, and Headbangers will be in attendance. Saturday, I bought the VIP Axxess for the Chris Jericho signing. We talked about going to the HOF but right now, we have decided not to. Sunday morning, I will be back at Axxess for the VIP Sheamus signing. Then WM that night and come back Monday morning. Should be an awesome weekend trip!

I'm glad to get some good feedback on the suite.

That $400the includes tickets and is per person?

My buddy and I are hitting Key West, Hall, Yankees/Marlins exhibition, Mania.

JEALOUS!!!!!!! I wanna go! Probably watching it with buddies at Club Quailman (Unofficial name of my apartment)

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    Yes, $400 includes one suite ticket per person and VIP admission to the Kevin Nash party which is a $100 value included in the package.

Was thinking about the Yankees/Marlins exhibition since I work for the Zephyrs, but won't be doing it.

Yes, $400 includes one suite ticket per person and VIP admission to the Kevin Nash party which is a $100 value included in the package.

Was thinking about the Yankees/Marlins exhibition since I work for the Zephyrs, but won't be doing it.
    Thanks for the details.

Well, after last night, I'm not sure who's going to win b/w Rock and Cena. I think because Cena emphasized winning so much last night to where he sounded obsessed kind of foreshadowed that he may not win. Or, if he does win it's going to be tainted some how. I don't know, they have me guessing which is a good thing I guess.

Anyone else attending?

Dinner or drinks before or after Hall?

Thread Information