Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Wrestlemania

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Anyone else attending?

Dinner or drinks before or after Hall?
    I wish! One day I hope mania will come to New Orleans. Don't understand why it hasn't already.

It's my understanding the the folks have put in bids. I'm not sure how serious they are. With the recent upticks in PPV's, I was hoping it was a `test'. Our gate numbers weren't great, but I'm not sure they are anywhere.

But, yeah, agreed.

Word around the campfire is that Brock Lesnar is trying to work out a deal right now with WWE in hopes of having some kind of involvement at mania. Next 24 hrs should be interesting.

We shall see.

Lunch at Pepe's in Key West.

The Franchise
    My thoughts are what kind of April fools joke will wwe play?
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    After how Daniel Bryan lost the World Title last night (which was funny), I just knew that WrestleMania was gonna suck. However, it came to life. Of course, the match of the night to me (if not the year thus far) was Taker/HHH. You just knew with how things were going that it was going to be an awesome match.

Punk/Jericho was decent as well. It didn't end quite as I thought it would, but both guys should how good they are for the business.

Rock/Cena was... well Rock/Cena. I thought there were points where Rock showed his age (whether part of the gimmick or not), but all in all it was ok. The one thing to take from this is that no matter how much you hate Cena (like myself), he is a hell of a jobber and that's why he's the face of the company. I still want to see a heel-turn.

The question now is when does Brock show up and who does he go after?

My Evaluation of the show:

Bryan vs Sheamus- What can I say about this stupidity? The fans hated it and now Sheamus is paying the price. Inexplicably bad booking.

Kane vs Randy Orton--decent work, but the match lacked anything unique.

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes-- good storytelling, but both guys could have been involved in bigger things.

Undertaker vs HHH-- not an athletic masterpiece, but both guys gave it their all. This was about as good as in-ring storytelling gets and HBK should get credit too.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy- terrible storyline and a waste of several talented guys.

Jericho vs. Punk- a slow start, but it turned into a solid classic-style match. The ending was very nice.

Rock vs Green Lantern errr...John Cena. Better than I expected. Cena screwed up with the silly on-the-mat bear hug and the blown leg drop (he NEVER hits that cleanly) but good work overall. I'm still not a huge fan of the Rock Bottom, but it worked well in this instance.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. There weren't any 5-star classics, but there were enough solid matches that gave us our money's worth.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    My Evaluation of the show:

Bryan vs Sheamus- What can I say about this stupidity? The fans hated it and now Sheamus is paying the price. Inexplicably bad booking.

Kane vs Randy Orton--decent work, but the match lacked anything unique.

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes-- good storytelling, but both guys could have been involved in bigger things.

Undertaker vs HHH-- not an athletic masterpiece, but both guys gave it their all. This was about as good as in-ring storytelling gets and HBK should get credit too.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy- terrible storyline and a waste of several talented guys.

Jericho vs. Punk- a slow start, but it turned into a solid classic-style match. The ending was very nice.

Rock vs Green Lantern errr...John Cena. Better than I expected. Cena screwed up with the silly on-the-mat bear hug and the blown leg drop (he NEVER hits that cleanly) but good work overall. I'm still not a huge fan of the Rock Bottom, but it worked well in this instance.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. There weren't any 5-star classics, but there were enough solid matches that gave us our money's worth.
    I was there live and I had the best wrestling experience so far, considering I went to last year's WM also. I was in a suite that was bought through PWRshow.com. Everyone was shocked with the Sheamus win. I kind of agree with the bad booking and Sheamus paying the price. Just looking at the reaction Bryan got the next night at RAW shows maybe there was a method to Vince's madness. If the fans turn Bryan face and Sheamus heel, then I will agree with the match. I am a huge Sheamus fan and actually met him at Axxess Sunday morning; super nice guy and very personable. I feel Sheamus is best as a heel and rumor is WWE plans to showcase him as a dominant champion. But with Bryan's following, it will be interesting if Sheamus stays face or the fans turn him heel because he was the guy who got the quick win over their Internet guy, DB.

I liked Kane/Orton. Glad Kane got the win at the big stage. After all the years he's been with the company, he deserves a win at Mania. He needs to be the monster heel again as opposed to the Big Red Jobber. I feel Orton doesn't lose anything from the loss. After Legacy was done and Orton turned face, I've been so-so with him.

Thought Rhodes would retain, but maybe Rhodes can move up the ladder (no pun intended) and move on to bigger things, such as a Money In The Bank win come this summer.

Taker/HHH was great, IMO. Seeing Taker's entrance live never fails to impress. There were a few moments when I thought the streak may actually be over, but both guys delivered and HBK as referee delivered as you didn't know who he would cross. Great moment when all three guys walked back up the ramp and acknowledged the crowd. It truly felt like an end of an era.

Team Long/Team Laryngitis was meh. I missed most of the match while I got a souvenir for a friend. I'm glad Team Laryngitis won as I am a fan of the John Laryngitis character. If yall want some laughs, go find @JohnLaryngitis on twitter. Funny stuff.

Punk/Jericho was great. Glad the feud will continue.

Rock/Cena lived up to my expectations. Both guys brought it for 30 min. Rock was a little rusty in the beginning but got through it. Hated the Cena leg drop and looked as if he could've paralyzed Rock. It was awesome to see Rock land the flying cross body. Glad Rock got the win in his hometown.
    "Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. One 'star' who taught another 'star' how not to be a 'star' " - Jim Henderson

"Oklahoma City can go to hell" - Random caller on the Hornets post game show

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WHOO!!!" - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Scott Cody on Byron Scott: "He was there during the Hornets best and worst season. His legacy, most likely however, will fall somewhere in between..."

I thought this and 25 were the best since 20 and 21. Very nice live experience, agreed.

I HATED the show up until Undertaker/Triple H. Daniel Bryan losing that quick made me mad, but this could turn out to be the best to happen to him in his career. There was even "YES!" chants at a Miami baseball game this week.
    aka Hornet Blood

Credit: wopester

Anyone else at Raw tonight?

303 here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I didn't even know people watch wrestling! I love it but lost a little interest, but I heard Randy Orton turned good all of a sudden!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Ten thousand or so here.

Elimination Chamber will be here 2013.02.17. ECNO is the ticketmaster presale password. Available now.

Thread Information