Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Do You Like How I Met Your Mother?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

4 28.57%

Thread: TV Show: How I Met Your Mother

Off Topic TV Show: How I Met Your Mother

Just a discussion of the show and latest episodes

And take people from the trade talk which seems to be stressing people out...

Please try not to spoil either (:

Looks like there will be season 7 also!

xoxo

I like it. I think the writing is good, and one of the big guys on the show is a New Orleans fan who always finds a way to promote the city or Saints. Extra points for that.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Starter
    I've never seen the show but what I do not like about it is that it is the only sitcom (that I am aware of) that doesn't tape in front of a live studio audience.
    It's shot like one but they just dub in canned laughter.
    I've been to a few sitcom tapings and they are fun and interesting and I'm not sure why this show decided to forgo and audience.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    I had to vote no, not a fan of the show. I like the single camera format for sitcoms.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    He was better as Dougie Howser, M.D.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikH
    I've never seen the show but what I do not like about it is that it is the only sitcom (that I am aware of) that doesn't tape in front of a live studio audience.
    It's shot like one but they just dub in canned laughter.
    I've been to a few sitcom tapings and they are fun and interesting and I'm not sure why this show decided to forgo and audience.
    Well, if you *had* seen the show, you would know they do a lot of flashbacks/flashforwards and quick cuts to different scenes. This is hard to do in front of a live audience. However, rather than use a pre-recorded laughtrack, they view the completed episode in front of an audience and use that laughter.

Barney Stinson < Doogie.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker
    Well, if you *had* seen the show, you would know they do a lot of flashbacks/flashforwards and quick cuts to different scenes. This is hard to do in front of a live audience. However, rather than use a pre-recorded laughtrack, they view the completed episode in front of an audience and use that laughter.
    The show is produced by 20th Century Fox TV and filmed on the Fox lot. There is no public access to the Fox lot, one of two studios in the L.A. area (along with ABC/Disney) with no public access.
    They do not have a studio audience at any time because of where they film, not because of the structure of the show.
    There is no audience and no audience reaction; it's pre-recorded laughter.

After Friends TV series, this is my favorite show. I just love the story and cast......

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Love it, after Lost probably one of my favorite series ever. Been watching it on Netflix.

Thread Information