Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spur Fans (Media) Doesn't Get It {merged}

Spur Fans (Media) Doesn't Get It

No one gets it, but this is exactly why I like this team and I don't want to "act like I have been there before"...found this over on the Spurs board:

Re: Game Blog: Spurs @ Hornets - Jan. 22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by MannyIsGod

The best part of this game for me is listening to the Hornets announcers. I swear if they had fireworks to set off they'd be doing it right now. They're so excited its hillarious.

The bench is acting like this would be their first win of the year.

The whole arena needs an "Act like you've been there before"
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...170883&page=21

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    The arena needs an "act like you've been there before"

LMAO- that must be the saying Falcon fans and Spurs fans adopt?

Lets sit on our hands and be very very quiet because we want to act like we've been there before!

So, the whole arena should not be excited about a huge 24 point win against a division rival that is also has the best record in the NBA? Get a life.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Yea seriously, Im so sorry Hornets fans appreciate and get excited about huge games... how rude of us, we need to be more boring

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Hey Spurs fans,

An ***-kicking of Biblical proportions? We HAVE been there before. It was last night.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

I'm glad we're the only team to pop their cherry TWICE. One of their fans said this is a scrub team and every great team gets beat by a scrub team. Um, what does that say about your team when you get beat by a "scrub team" TWICE???

i hope we gget them in the playoffs and whoop em

Hall of Famer Contributor
    That's more or less the default answer for when you've just got your @ss kicked....

All-Star
    A lot of them are saying this happened cause they played back to back games. guess what? so did we! and we blew out both of them

Basketball Guru Contributor
    It's called embarrassment and not wanting to give credit where credit is due...pretty classless, but, it happens alot in sports. Remember, the Spurs is all that San Antonio has, so, this is it...it's their only and biggest baby. They have trouble stomaching this kind of a game and let's be real...I can understand that feeling, although it's wrong. And this isn't really knocking San Antonio, but, when it is the only game in town, you can tend to get overly defensive...of course, when the Saints were our only game in town, we never really had that chance!! They were always losing.....

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32
    A lot of them are saying this happened cause they played back to back games. guess what? so did we! and we blew out both of them
    What I don't understand is...when you tell them this, their comeback is that we beat ATL by 40 so it doesn't compare to the "down the wire" game they faced against New York. Our starters just got to rest a quarter, but they're acting like they rested a whole day and didn't have to work too hard. I wonder what their excuse was in October when we blew them out?

There was a separate thread to congratulating the Hornets by the moderator. He pretty much summed it up well.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    You measure yourself by how you match up with a team in a seven game series. It's fun to win a game like this, but how would we do in 7?

Basketball Guru Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32
    Exactly...and I said it before the game...we both played last night, so, in that sense the game was even...we had homecourt, but, I don't think homecourt can get you to win by 24 points..it may get you over the hump, but, tonight, clearly the better team won. Look, they've lost 7 games, that's impressive, but, 2 of those games are losses to the Hornets. That's more impressive for the Hornets. We may have their number. We won. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey
    You measure yourself by how you match up with a team in a seven game series. It's fun to win a game like this, but how would we do in 7?
    It would be competitive due to the defense. Defense does win games. Question will be how much can the team score. I think it would go at least 6. Spurs have clearly been the best offensive team in the league and the Hornets defense suffocated them tonight.

I like our chances.

Spurs are a bunch of old farts. They are the one's who should be worried about a 7 game series

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    We should be 3-1 vs the Spurs, they're only going to get worse as the season progresses due to age, and we're getting better. I'll take the Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78
    It would be competitive due to the defense. Defense does win games. Question will be how much can the team score. I think it would go at least 6. Spurs have clearly been the best offensive team in the league and the Hornets defense suffocated them tonight.
    Thats an optimistic scenario. I tend to think the Spurs would prevail fairly easily. We can't forget that tonight was a regular season game. The Spurs will be a totally different team (as in much better) in the playoffs...I think we are playing our best ball right now. Now...we could make a trade to strengthen the team of course...but I'm talking about current rosters (in any match up comparisons).

Thats an optimistic scenario. I tend to think the Spurs would prevail fairly easily. We can't forget that tonight was a regular season game. The Spurs will be a totally different team (as in much better) in the playoffs...I think we are playing our best ball right now. Now...we could make a trade to strengthen the team of course...but I'm talking about current rosters (in any match up comparisons).
    The problem with the Spurs is their heavy reliance on shooting jumpers and also Duncan is not a dominant player. This Spurs team isn't that much different from the team who were swept by the Suns last season. Manu and Parker are dangerous, but the team's strength is shooting three-pointers. Its hard to win that way in the playoffs. I think the Lakers or a healthy Mavs team would give the Hornets more trouble in the playoffs.

Again this Spurs team is very good, but not as good as the Lakers or Celtics. The Spurs are not very big inside and are too reliant on perimeter shooting. Plus, they still don't have anyone who can guard West consistently. Plus, the Hornets seem to have alot of active perimeter defenders against their shooters. The big difference would be Manu Ginobili.

Difficult to say right now. The Hornets leaders are all people who have been to the playoffs. Also, don't let the Spurs record fool you. They have played the least amount of road games by a wide margin so far.

I'd be more worried about a 7 game series against the Lakers, Jazz, or Mavericks right now. Don't short change the team. These last two throttlings were no fluke.

Live by the jumper, die by the jumper. They won't shoot 12-15 from three point land on a regular basis. Lets not be fooled by great shooting. This team still needs some size and ruggedness.

Thread Information