Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Hornets-Jazz Thread

Here go again West and Paul scoring and nobody can't do nothing. I said it before the season started these guys need help on offense and if they don't get it the Hornets will struggle.

We need an athletic big man. PERIOD. When its a toss-up between Okafor and Pops being your most athletic big man..."Houston, we have a problem."

8 pt game ... not bad ... when you are missing free throws you wouldnt and playing really poor defense and without any play from your 2nd unit

this team is not even close to be a bad team ... u guys need to chill out

nice push at the end we need that momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    We need an athletic big man. PERIOD. When its a toss-up between Okafor and Pops being your most athletic big man..."Houston, we have a problem."

Wish we picked up Chandler over the summer...then we could have Okafor off the bench playing between C/PF. It's more length than athleticism that we need.

Offense Hornets need offense, offense, offense. A guard that can go one on one, attack the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetfosho
    okafor has to dunk that
    Oak has the weakest hands of anyone I have ever seen in the NBA. He cannot finish with any amount of contact. Did anybody say we need a big man in the worst way?

Basketball Guru
    we hustle,,play defense and run the floor on offense and the results are,,we're back in the game.........

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzmanD
    I have to agree with you, we have no one that is respected enough to make 3's, allows opponents to crowd the paint and dare them to beat them with jump shots and we don't have enough shooters one this team. How many more 3's do you think we will watch Ariza miss this year?
    While I agree with your assesment, I have to disagree with missing Peja. Sure, he could hit a 3, but he was a defensive liability. He's too slow at his age to defend and has no vertical to pound the boards.

We need a 3 who can hit the 3, create his own shot, and defend. Other than CP3 and DWest, all of our players are role players. Good role players, but role players.

2nd unit without bayless is clueless

Wake up Smith!

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltr0x
    2nd unit without bayless is clueless
    I disagree. Jack is much, much better.

I can't friggin believe San Antonio won.

wtf is wrong with this team!!! this is ridiculous to watch...our 2nd unit consists of a bunch of scrubs i swear...willie green sucks!

this is just sad

our 2nd unit is simply KILLING us

and people here are more clueless than our 2nd unit

I mean, its pretty clear the reason we are losing ... we still dont have a backup PG ...

when green is the guy carrying the plays, you know something must be wrong

yes, this is 2nd game for jack ... but as monday, we dont have a 2nd unit game

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan
    While I agree with your assesment, I have to disagree with missing Peja. Sure, he could hit a 3, but he was a defensive liability. He's too slow at his age to defend and has no vertical to pound the boards.

We need a 3 who can hit the 3, create his own shot, and defend. Other than CP3 and DWest, all of our players are role players. Good role players, but role players.

?

jack is slow as hell...his game is good but he takes forever and hes extremely slow...dude u have 24 seconds?? stop dribbling for 15 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan
    I disagree. Jack is much, much better.
    individually he is .. but bayless made this unit work ...

jack will need a few weeks before he can get it done ...

Thornton looks good driving to the basket. He creates for others AKA 3 pointer for Green.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetfosho
    wtf is wrong with this team!!! this is ridiculous to watch...our 2nd unit consists of a bunch of scrubs i swear...willie green sucks!
    we have a lot of role players trying to do too much. I don't understand why Jack isn't setting up the play unless he hasn't been with the team enough to run the offense.

We enter the dead zone! Contributor accfsu34's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    i am not worried yet. once we hit .500 then i will worry. as of now, nothing to see here.

i second that!....... but Marco is looking as stiff as Peja did. We def need a scorer at the 2.

So are we still upset about Thornton and his lack of minutes? What does this game tell us thus far?

hahahahah wow.....2nd unit is wack

bench is looking like 08-09

man ... thornton got OWNED bad ... he needs to check out ... come on ... that was ridiculous

Thread Information