Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: David Andersen doesn't look that bad

David Andersen doesn't look that bad

He moves pretty well, has range on his shot, has good low post moves, and looks like another guy who can benefit by playing with Chris Paul. Check out these clips. I'll take this play off the bench any day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcAgURMsi9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4q-SkAQGo4&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRaSP...eature=related

Chris Paul should make this guy better.

Yesssssss...after lookin at clip of Jack and now Anderson, I believe that we have gotten a little bit better.

I don't think that anyone can argue his shooting ability. Perhaps Monty and Demps are going for a more offensive 2nd team? It is obvious that our 2nd squad is not doing much in terms of defense OR offense. Whatever little bit of defense we lose with Andersen, we gain 3-fold in offense. Jack is an excelent passer, and Monty seems like he is surrounding him with shooters.

We have a good little pick/pop game going between West/Smith/Anderson.

Bring back the Turtle!
    I remember watching anderson in australia when I was a kid. Had a decent career in europe. Played well at times for houston... needs to keep working on his mid range game. Can go as far as the 3 point line I believe.. but has been inconsistent so far

For the stat whores out there, Andersen's PER, TS%, eFG% and TRb% are higher than Smith's.

well we needed another bigman and he is definitely more competent than pops or Mbenga(and who knows what happened to Aaron Gray).

PER doesnt put defense into the equaton

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP
    PER doesnt put defense into the equaton

can't be worse than what we have at backup center. And he is better all around anyways and he is a very good rebounder too which we need.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I like the lil' shoulder shimmy he gives the Celtics guy in the 1st vid.

I like the pick up... He's got size, and could prove to be a solid offensive option off the pine.

When I first saw him as part of the trade I thought that he will be a good match up against Gasol.

Quote Originally Posted by stbhornet24
    When I first saw him as part of the trade I thought that he will be a good match up against Gasol.
    Nice assessment. Does that mean that we already think we can make it far and want to make sure we match up with the top team in the West?

As you know, I'm an italian supporter, so I watched all Raptors games. Andersen is a good player, He could play at the same Smith levels, he's a complet shooter with high percentage, with quick foots. In Raptors he was closed by Bargnani, but he deserves more minutes.

Anderssen vs gasol?¿ LOL.I saw him playing here, in the spanish league, and besides his 3 point shot, he has nothing more.Not rebounding, not shot blocker, and is soft as a flower phisically.You'll see.

Based on the short track record of DelMonty, he will be given a chance to contribute and be tough. If he can't, then he will occupy Mr. Gray's seat. I'm looking forward to the Sacremento game. I hope we get a big lead so Gray and Thornton can get some playing time and earn their way back into the rotation. I'd love to see Banks and Anderson inactive for a week or two while they learn the playbook, with Pops or Mbenga joining them....

The guy can easily help our offense with the 2nd unit. And I think if D-West or Smith get injured, he would be a nice backup. I remember a couple of good games for him with the Rockets last season.

Anderson will not be on this team for long- he will be moved in February. Mark it down.

Dont get too attached.

Seems like to me i remember a lot of posters, doubting the ability of Jason Smith, Bellinelli, and Green and they are playing pretty well, i say lets wait and see how he fit in with the team, before we write him off as garbage.

Did anyone doubt Marco? I can honestly say not a single poster said a bad thing about him. Everyone expected him to produce these numbers, and some even expected less.

I don't k ow this Anderson kid from Adam, but I do know that under this regime he will fill a roll or fill a spot in a trade block, delmonty don't screw around with their team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

fill a spot in a trade, just like Marcus Banks

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213
    I don't think that anyone can argue his shooting ability. Perhaps Monty and Demps are going for a more offensive 2nd team? It is obvious that our 2nd squad is not doing much in terms of defense OR offense. Whatever little bit of defense we lose with Andersen, we gain 3-fold in offense. Jack is an excelent passer, and Monty seems like he is surrounding him with shooters.

We have a good little pick/pop game going between West/Smith/Anderson.
    Do you watch the game?!!? The 2nd unit have been doin a great job!!!
    how many game have CP3/WEST SAT OUT THE 4th Quarter!!!

Rant

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBubba
    Anderson will not be on this team for long- he will be moved in February. Mark it down.

Dont get too attached.
    LISTEN ROOKIE!!!!! ANDERSON WILL BE ON THIS TEAM FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR AND GOOD CHANCE NEXT YEAR!!!!!! RIGHT NOW THE HORNETS ARE JUST TRYING TO SAVE MONEY SO THEY CAN RESIGN WEST TO A LONG TERM DEAL!!!!BESIDE 7'0" THAT CAN SHOOT IS BIG IN THIS LEAGUE!!

If you are asking me if anybody had bad things to say about Marco, i will say go back and read some of the posts. He wasn't necessarily knock, but there were many who said he was another player not living up to his potential. In other words when the trade went down, many felt like JuJu and Marco was about even, and we weren't gaining anything with the trade, the same thing people are saying about Anderson, before he has every played a game for the Hornets.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ltdee2004
    LISTEN ROOKIE!!!!! ANDERSON WILL BE ON THIS TEAM FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR AND GOOD CHANCE NEXT YEAR!!!!!! RIGHT NOW THE HORNETS ARE JUST TRYING TO SAVE MONEY SO THEY CAN RESIGN WEST TO A LONG TERM DEAL!!!!BESIDE 7'0" THAT CAN SHOOT IS BIG IN THIS LEAGUE!!
    This deal took on more money next year, it has nothing to do with resigning David West. Don't think a rant, calling someone a rookie, or all caps was needed to say something like that.

We did get financial flexibility this year, a trade exemption, and a better PG. If Anderson works out, like Jason Smith in our earlier deal, that is just bonus. But yes, Anderson could be traded as well. Something is going to be out going soon for a banger. That's a given.

Thread Information