vs New York
    @ San Antonio
    vs Detroit
    vs OKC
    @ Philly
    @ Miami
    vs Sacramento
    vs Utah

With the way we're playing, this can get scary fast. Something has to be done.

I hate to say it, but what we've seen as of late warrants the time for this:

We're still a good team, a playoff team, but we won't go far in the playoffs with this roster, we lack alot.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP
    First blowout, and it goes to show we aren't nearly the team we thought we were.
    Careful, your pessimism is showing

Not much you can do when the other team shoots 100% from the stripe and hits almost everything they jack up. Combine that with the fact that we aren't hitting ANYTHING, and you have a horrible situation. Guys within 4 days we played 3 AWAY games. Your legs get heavy, and your shots stop falling. It happens. We got rocked tonight. Not that big of a deal....

Will there ever be a season when the Jazz does not own us? These announcers keep saying how the Jazz have not played well at home all season. So of course when the Hornets come to town they decide to fire on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFanJeff
    Games not over yet
    Of which game do you speak? Surely not this....
    Cats don't feel comfortable on bicycles.... no matter how much duct tape you use.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Panic Button....REALLY? You need to step back away from your computer for a couple of months.

Certainly not time to panic.

The only reason we lost tonight is because for the 2nd game in a row I didn't start watching until the 4th. It's all my fault guys.

Guys....I think its time to start Marcus. (Sarcasm off now)

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213
    Careful, your pessimism is showing

Not much you can do when the other team shoots 100% from the stripe and hits almost everything they jack up. Combine that with the fact that we aren't hitting ANYTHING, and you have a horrible situation. Guys within 4 days we played 3 AWAY games. Your legs get heavy, and your shots stop falling. It happens. We got rocked tonight. Not that big of a deal....
    The issues this team has is something we've talked about all offseason and they're finally starting to show. Like I said above, we're still a good team, but we won't contend for anything in the next few years. We still need to make changes.

We're not hitting anything because we don't have great shooters, we lack size inside, we lack toughness inside, etc etc.

The Franchise    Contributor   

we played bad, they played well. how much is what you'd expect on the 3rd game of a road trip against Utah, and how much is us being "figured out" and a sign of things to come?
    I think we bounce back, but we've got work to do...

at least play with some heart....i dont mind if u lose but when u play with no passion, zero fire, and show a lack of care it is troubling...West played pathetic tonight...he barely made anything and didnt look like he even cared...guy was not assertive...i was hoping that Okafor would be good for us, but he is not the answer to the 5 spot...

The issues this team has is something we've talked about all offseason and they're finally starting to show. Like I said above, we're still a good team, but we won't contend for anything in the next few years. We still need to make changes.

We're not hitting anything because we don't have great shooters, we lack size inside, we lack toughness inside, etc etc.
    If we could somehow swap Ariza + whatever else for Melo, this team would be set. We are one elite scorer away from being a top tier team. I agree with you to an extent, but there is absolutely no reason to push the panic button.

You need to let that go man...it just makes you look childish.

DX is a very good scoring PF. He isn't flashy which makes some people who don't know basketball underrate him
    How about you let go of replying to me. Constantly replying so often to someone who hasn't asked for and obviously doesn't value your opinion can also come across as childish, or even needy.

Tough loss. Gotta get more movement on offense. I hope the teaching of efficient offensive sets hasn't taken a back seat to defense. Need BOTH to win.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    If we could somehow swap Ariza + whatever else for Melo, this team would be set. We are one elite scorer away from being a top tier team. I agree with you to an extent, but there is absolutely no reason to push the panic button.
    That's debatable, lets talk. What are your expectations for this team?

That's debatable, lets talk. What are your expectations for this team?
    I just started a thread for it haha. Ask me on there and I will reply.

we need to run more plays for belinelli..or just run more plays period

The jazz shot lights out tonight.. and west and okafor werent really helping out in the second half.. we would have a good run and then lose it the jazz's bench seemed like it tore us up and they were just clicking on all cylindars tonight. So what we have a 3 game lose streak.. its the NBA our upcoming games are gonna be tough but i think Monty will get the Hornets ready

Quote Originally Posted by rbow.
    we need to run more plays for belinelli..or just run more plays period

...and when you run your plays and get the ball deep inside the paint, do what's necessary to finish them. Either at the line or through the hoop, or both.

Our next 12 games:

@ Portland
    vs San Antonio
    @ OKC
    vs Charlotte
    vs New York
    @ San Antonio
    vs Detroit
    vs OKC
    @ Philly
    @ Miami
    vs Sacramento
    vs Utah

With the way we're playing, this can get scary fast. Something has to be
    done.

I hate to say it, but what we've seen as of late warrants the time for this:

We're still a good team, a playoff team, but we won't go far in the playoffs

with this roster, we lack alot.

What you think? 6 & 6 at best over the next 12?

Well if guys score the basketball other than Paul and West they'll be fine if not hit the panic button. They started out 9-0 cause these two guys got help, ever since the game at Dallas the supporting cast has disappeared.

Basketball Guru
    we are one of the top teams right now and teams are going to bring their A game against us.....we have to realized this and match their intensity and bring our A game every night......

Losses vs the Jazz hurt more than anything. I said this a few weeks ago before we went on our streak so it isn't like I am preaching the sky is falling, or joining an angry mob. I think we will bounce back, but these games hurt more than others because unlike the Lakers and Celtics we can't seem to beat the Jazz and they are the team we will need to beat to open the door to advancing in the playoffs.

If we don't beat the Jazz, or we even go 1-3 we will not make the wcf's.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

we should be a little worried but i know monty tryna make more roster moves(OKAFUR) so ima cool off to see what takes place this.BTW WASSUP WITH JOE ALEXANDER??? havent seen him at all this year.back to lurking i go

Thread Information