Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: David Andersen doesn't look that bad

Could not be more happy I finally have an Aussie on my team!

love Dave, ripper bloke, and going to be very good here in NOLA, he is a very hard five to guard on the offensive end because he has beyond the arch range.

I have been watching him play since he was at Frankston.

Im really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ltdee2004
    Do you watch the game?!!? The 2nd unit have been doin a great job!!!
    how many game have CP3/WEST SAT OUT THE 4th Quarter!!!
    Actually, I do watch the games. The only one that I can remember them both sitting out was the Spurs game. Green and Smith are the only 2 contributers on the bench (you can add in Jack now, but he wasn't until recently), and they both run hot and cold.

In general, we give up the leads that we create with our 1st string when our bench comes in. The offense seems stagnant, and the defense is porous. Did you watch the 2nd half of the Clips game? The bench looked horrible! I have never seen so many players just standing around on offense.

I have said it many times - we need to bring in an offensive minded assistant coach because, while Monty is a beast on defense, he just cannot handle the offense. Maybe the offense just needs time to jel, and I could be wrong about Monty, but as of right now, our offense is not playing up to their potential.

Quote Originally Posted by benfti
    Could not be more happy I finally have an Aussie on my team!

love Dave, ripper bloke, and going to be very good here in NOLA, he is a very hard five to guard on the offensive end because he has beyond the arch range.

I have been watching him play since he was at Frankston.

Im really happy.
    Thanks for the input. Is he really as soft as everyone says? How is his defense and rebounding?

i hope we play him tonight against the more athletic jazz front...mbenga looks so lost out there...even when he gets rebounds he is sooo confused as to what to do next..if anderson can provide some decent offense and is able to get rebounds ill be fine until we can get some other big

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213
    Thanks for the input. Is he really as soft as everyone says? How is his defense and rebounding?
    No. He is just not a banger. He uses footwork on offense to get to the rim and because his default shot is a pull up, because he has excellent range for a big he tends to start games pulling up and hitting challenging the defense to come out to him, and when they do he then starts to beat them on the cross over. He is a Small Forward trapped in a Centers body to be honest, but he can board at both ends and uses all of his 7 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by benfti
    No. He is just not a banger. He uses footwork on offense to get to the rim and because his default shot is a pull up, because he has excellent range for a big he tends to start games pulling up and hitting challenging the defense to come out to him, and when they do he then starts to beat them on the cross over. He is a Small Forward trapped in a Centers body to be honest, but he can board at both ends and uses all of his 7 feet.
    That is how it appeared in the few highlight reels on youtube - seems to be a SF in a C body. I'm excited to see him play. Thanks again man.

Thread Information