Pelicans Report

Thread: Realistically, what are the chances

Realistically, what are the chances

That we land a big name during this season?

(before the season)realistically, what are the chances the hornets get more wins than losses

who knows, injuries happen, teams get desperate, demps is the man ... who knows, pray for something

hopefully high...we need a better scorer on the wings if we wanna have a chance @ the finals, plus if we dont get to like at least the western conference finals w/in the next 2 years there could be a decent chance cp leaves

depends how the season unfolds. stars on failing teams become very available quicker than youd think

The good thing is we got some money, that's a change, so anything is possible.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    As long as they don't overpay anyone.

Very good chance in my opinion. Not only do we have the flexibility to do it, we also have a Front Office who imo is capable of pulling it off. I think it's 50/50 shot.

slim/none... Shinn is still the owner remember?

I hope we land an efficient big man who can defend big quick forwards and centers, box out like the devil, and get a high rebound percentage. I don't care if he is a "big name". I don't think CP3 or any other player cares either.....

We need to work a trade around Ariza for Gerald Wallace. Thats the marked improvement we need.

Quote Originally Posted by HtownHornets
    We need to work a trade around Ariza for Gerald Wallace. Thats the marked improvement we need.
    We don't need to shop Ariza. I think he just needs to understand what his meal ticket is offensively: stop hoisting 3's, attack the basket and make his free throws. We already have Bellinelli to space the floor.

The Hornets need a scorer at the 2 or 3 if they wanna compete with the Lakers and I don't expect to see a trade this season for that kind of player.

ariza has 0 offensive game, we shouldve traded DC for iguodala. if we really wanna go far we're going to need someone who can score on the wings, belinelli is nice, but next to ariza theres just not enough offense between them, next to a SF who could create for himself he would be perfect
    Last edited by speedyG; 11-24-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Thread Information