Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Hornets slightly tweek unis

im not even sure anything changed... it could just be the way the photo was taken and the material just shines to look silver in the picture...

and the gold trim might be there already, but in a game photo these guys are moving and it could be folded under because at some spots in the pictures you can see gold trim and others you cant... just an observation.

PS: I am saddened that they got rid of the purple pinstripes tho

BigDub, is there any tweaks you could make to the Hornet's jerseys? Maybe like getting rid of the pinstripes, the stupid side parts and the teal?

No, the gold trim is new. I noticed the lack of it as soon as we introduced the last away jerseys. Did you not notice for the last couple of season it looked like they were wearing pajamas out there? White trim.

Quote Originally Posted by saints5021
    BigDub, is there any tweaks you could make to the Hornet's jerseys? Maybe like getting rid of the pinstripes, the stupid side parts and the teal?
    Great plan, why don't we just take a white jersey and write "Hornets" in black print? So creative!

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpenoctem
    Great plan, why don't we just take a white jersey and write "Hornets" in black print? So creative!
    Actually, I do think it is a great plan, but instead of the black print, I'd want to incorporate purple, green and gold!

Time for some football!!!

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Hornet
    Actually, I do think it is a great plan, but instead of the black print, I'd want to incorporate purple, green and gold!
    I know this is tongue in cheek and I understand the sentiment, but I don't think it is possible for the Hornets to switch to that color scheme. Purple green and gold is a hard enough scheme to make work to start with, just look at the nauseating recoloured Jazz logo , but it's almost impossible now that another NBA team is already using it. If you try to emphasize just the purple and gold with green accents, like most mardi gras apparel, you look too much like the lakers. If you try to go Green and Gold with purple accents, it looks like the Sonics not to mention the jazz's alternates, but more importantly it doesn't look like Mardi Gras or New Orleans. The Mardi Gras jersey are probably the only way to make it work for us, and as much as I love them, they are not a full time use design.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shuali
    I know this is tongue in cheek and I understand the sentiment, but I don't think it is possible for the Hornets to switch to that color scheme. Purple green and gold is a hard enough scheme to make work to start with, just look at the nauseating recoloured Jazz logo , but it's almost impossible now that another NBA team is already using it. If you try to emphasize just the purple and gold with green accents, like most mardi gras apparel, you look too much like the lakers. If you try to go Green and Gold with purple accents, it looks like the Sonics not to mention the jazz's alternates, but more importantly it doesn't look like Mardi Gras or New Orleans. The Mardi Gras jersey are probably the only way to make it work for us, and as much as I love them, they are not a full time use design.
    Yeah, it was tongue in cheek and I certainly don't mean to beat a dead horse. But we did make that scheme work back in the day. Of course, the problem of the Jazz still being around is indeed a barrier to us doing to much with it. Too bad us old guys are kind of stuck on this.

Hornets Loyalist since '91 Hornets85's Avatar
    NBAstore.com has the new "revolution 30" jerseys on sale for every team and the Hornets' jersey appears to look the same, purple pinstripes intact. So I don't know what to make of the uniforms worn at the rookie shoot. Guess we'll find out on Media day before camp.

http://store.nba.com/category/index....ERSEY_SWINGMAN
    God is a Hornets fan!!!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    BUMP

Hornets definetly did tweek unis a little bit:

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP
    BUMP

Lol @ the faces in that second pic

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He looks like the dude in X-Men 2 before he turns into water.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP
    BUMP

monty's poing at west while asking cp if he's doin a kamahameha

and zach randolph looks like he passed out from sniffing marc gasol's armpit XD

They've also added a gold stripe on the jersey as well

Yellow pinstripes replace the purple.

We seriously have the most god awful colors in the league. The overall jersey design by itself is nice but damn,creole blue? I've been a Hornets fan for 17 years and I remember when you couldn't beat teal and purple. Times change,teal/creole blue or whatever you want to call it was just a fad for the 90's. You can't to wrong if your basic overall colors are red,blue,black. Worst jerseys are a tie between us and Golden State.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger
    We seriously have the most god awful colors in the league. The overall jersey design by itself is nice but damn,creole blue? I've been a Hornets fan for 17 years and I remember when you couldn't beat teal and purple. Times change,teal/creole blue or whatever you want to call it was just a fad for the 90's. You can't to wrong if your basic overall colors are red,blue,black. Worst jerseys are a tie between us and Golden State.

I don't think they're that bad but, okay.

What colours would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Teal21
    What colours would you prefer?
    I like Navy,gold and white like the Rams. Black and yellow of course. Our colors now are great for old women and little kids. Chouset wants to make money,national money. Nobody outside of Louisiana wants to be seen in public with our current colors. I haven't seen one person wearing a Chris Paul jersey and it kills me.
    Last edited by Swagger; 10-10-2010 at 10:36 AM.

I like Navy,gold and white like the Rams. Black and yellow of course. Our colors now are great for old women and little kids. Chouset wants to make money,national money. Nobody outside of Louisiana wants to be seen in public with our current colors. I haven't seen one person wearing a Chris Paul jersey and it kills me.
    I've seen plenty people outside of Louisiana (Tx, Ms, Fla) with Hornets gear on, maybe it's just where you live.

You can't to wrong if your basic overall colors are red,blue,black. Worst jerseys are a tie between us and Golden State.
    I couldn't disagree more. There are wayyyy too many teams in the league whose main color is some form of blue, usually with a lighter blue as the accent. Then there are like 4 teams w/ red, white and blue, and 3 or 4 w/ red & black. BORING! The Hawks ruined their classic scheme, I would nominate them and maybe the Clippers as the boringest unis.
    Do you see no value in variety and uniqueness? I love the teal because we're the only team that has it. Don't be fooled by a new name "creole blue", which was obviously intended to placate everyone who was b***ing about teal. As long as there is a hint of green in our color, it's still teal.
    Yes, I do agree that our colors are still too loud to wear in public. In my opinion, a purple alt would be understated enough to look good, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
    Last edited by Carpenoctem; 10-10-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay2
    I've seen plenty people outside of Louisiana (Tx, Ms, Fla) with Hornets gear on, maybe it's just where you live.
    Wow,the states that directly border LA wear Hornets gear,sorry for the mistake. If there isn't a color change I would at least like to see HORNETS on the home jerseys. I think the people in NO arena know what city they're in.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    We represent New Orleans. So New Orleans is on our jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93
    We represent New Orleans. So New Orleans is on our jerseys.
    Ditto. And people not wearing our jerseys around the us isn't a result of the colors, its a result of our small market

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay2
    Ditto. And people not wearing our jerseys around the us isn't a result of the colors, its a result of our small market
    or the fact that they root for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenoctem
    I couldn't disagree more. There are wayyyy too many teams in the league whose main color is some form of blue, usually with a lighter blue as the accent. Then there are like 4 teams w/ red, white and blue, and 3 or 4 w/ red & black. BORING! The Hawks ruined their classic scheme, I would nominate them and maybe the Clippers as the boringest unis.
    Do you see no value in variety and uniqueness? I love the teal because we're the only team that has it. Don't be fooled by a new name "creole blue", which was obviously intended to placate everyone who was b***ing about teal. As long as there is a hint of green in our color, it's still teal.
    Yes, I do agree that our colors are still too loud to wear in public. In my opinion, a purple alt would be understated enough to look good, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
    I like the idea of a purple alt. When the Hornets were in Charlotte there was an alt purple and is was great. That was during our 54 win team.

R.I.P. Bobby Phills #13 forever
    Last edited by Swagger; 10-10-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Thread Information