Pelicans Report

Thread: Help with a Survey on the Hornets for Sport Marketing Association Case Study

Help with a Survey on the Hornets for Sport Marketing Association Case Study

Hi,

My name is Jacob Hanselman, I am a senior Sport Management major at Loras College in Dubuque, IA. We are doing research on the New Orleans Hornets for the upcoming Sport Marketing Association Case Study in New Orleans, LA from October 26-29th. Could you fill out this survey about the New Orleans Hornets to help my group get some market research.

It is 10 short question and will only take a moment to complete.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JKW7NZR

Thanks,
    Jacob Hanselman

Just curious but why did you pick the New Orleans market to do research on?

We didn't pick the New Orleans market, we were given the case by the judges of the competition and have two weeks to complete the study. I would guess it was chosen because of the conference being in New Orleans this season and the Hornets front-office being part of the judging panel.

Looking forward to season the season opener against Bucks!

What are the expectations for this season?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobhanselman
    Hi,

upcoming Sport Marketing Association Case Study in New Orleans, LA from October 26-29th.
    that might be the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobhanselman
    What are the expectations for this season?
    Last night we thought we improved enough to make the playoffs. Tonight we think we took enough steps back to win the lottery.

Ok a couple more questions:

With the Corporate Partners (Ochsner, 7up, and Cox) which one has the biggest visibility with the team in the arena or in the community?

What is the current television situation? Are the games only on Cox? If so, what percentage of the region has Cox?

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Cox is available to anyone on the south shore, the north shore has charter. The bad part is that a lot of affluent individuals moved out of the city to the NS. I think of the 1 million or so metro area, about 300,000 live on the NS. So it's more than total penetration but penetration of middle and upper class that will actually be able to afford to buy the product. Im pulling a number out of my butt but I you factor that I'm guessing it's closer to 50/50.

65 games are on cox sports, so if the national channels don't pick up the other 17, which they usually don't, then there are some games no one here can see.

Does that seem like a good deal? Some of us met with the Hornets las season and what I got out of it is if you don't have a 504 area code, they don't care... Here is the problem... The 504 area code only has about 650-700k people.. 985 areas immediately surrounding NOLA area code 30 minutes from the arena, 350k-ish, 225 area code, about 60 or so minutes, depending on traffic an location, but 700,000 people.... 338 area code (I think) souther Mississippi, within an hour usually i think, another 300k+... The point is that when you add up the amount of people they seems to ignore, it's a larger group than the ones they dont. I don't expect a lot of full season tickets from BR or MS, but any holiday game or weekend+Friday games should have a decent sales rate...

Also factor Katrina, a lot of people signed up for directv because they worked after the storm, some areas had cable outages well into the new year.. Since then a lot have not switched back..
    Last edited by all2neat; 10-11-2010 at 04:33 AM.

Bring back the Turtle!
    Quote Originally Posted by BP225
    Last night we thought we improved enough to make the playoffs. Tonight we think we took enough steps back to win the lottery.

Havn't been violated like that since the denver series. Brings back great memories

Thread Information