Pelicans Report

Thread: Hornets deny Thibodeau rejection

Breaking News Hornets deny Thibodeau rejection

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...fficals_s.html

Despite formally offering Boston Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeau their vacant head coaching job this past weekend, the New Orleans Hornets have yet to get an answer whether he will accept.

The New York Post reported today that Thibodeau turned down the Hornets’ offer, but Hornets officials said it’s not true.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...fficals_s.html

Despite formally offering Boston Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeau their vacant head coaching job this past weekend, the New Orleans Hornets have yet to get an answer whether he will accept.

The New York Post reported today that Thibodeau turned down the Hornets’ offer, but Hornets officials said it’s not true.
    Did Bower say it wasn't true. Because....remember....if it didn't come from Bower...it's "rumor or unahtorized and unreliable information".

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I.....am.....so.....tired.....of.....this

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    This organization is pitiful. To be in this sort of disarray is down right pitiful.

TT will not be our coach. Thats not news to the Hornets. More PR BS.

I love how Bower has his friend at Yahoo putting out the word now that Bower is considering pulling the offer to TT. It is almost as if Bower wants to look like the big shot who called all the shots when in reality, he was probably shunned by someone who was supposed to be his friend.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    I love how Bower has his friend at Yahoo putting out the word now that Bower is considering pulling the offer to TT. It is almost as if Bower wants to look like the big shot who called all the shots when in reality, he was probably shunned by someone who was supposed to be his friend.
    Bingo. While we are being lead to believe they are in last minute negotiations with TT they are likely finalizing Monty's deal. Like I said all along....SPIN.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    Exactly and it's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by HH
    Bingo. While we are being lead to believe they are in last minute negotiations with TT they are likely finalizing Monty's deal. Like I said all along....SPIN.
    What's really sad is that Monty should be equally pissed about this. He is being brought in as the second choice. I'm sure he is excited about getting his first HC gig, I'm also sure he is very happy about how all of this has gone down ... but at some level he must be pissed that this has been about TT, Bower, and the owners rather than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Why spin? Surely they could have gotten a no from TT without this level of public shenannigans. Seems like Monty should have been annointed as the guy and hired last week.

Also, in the spirit of moving forward that HH is trying to set with his other thread, this isn't making the Hornets look stupid because no one is actually looking. This board skews your perspective. I've been out of town for the past week and the only way I was able to find out what hadn't been happening was coming here and the TP. I kept hoping to catch updates on ESPN and never saw anything, Lebron and Lakers Cetlics is the only NBA story non Hornets fans are following.

Thread Information